Welcome To aBlackWeb

It’s crazy after the first movie I immediately went home and watched it again via bootleg

like as soon as I got home….This one I’m not sure if I wanna see it or will ever see it again

I thought i was tripping. I didn't read any spoilers or anything. So I went into it with no influence from social media.

But yeah i feel the same way lol

I enjoyed part 2 more..I think katz overhyped the first one which I thought was cool but I have never really wanted to watch it again. This one I would definitely rewatch.

But to each his own though.

I appreciate your opinion and I love the fact that you didn’t try to force your opinion as the truth. Rare shit now days.

in your opinion what made part 2 better?

So they were always planning to introduce T'Challa's son with Nakia before Chadwick passed away but they just had to repurpose it thematically

Also this filmed showed Wakandans as weak. How u gonna leave the Queen unprotected drowning on the thrown room floor...disgraceful ugh

The fish ppl had them. Namor playing chess with Queen Shuri.

That scene with Shuri and Namor ( where he yielded) was the embodiment of "the battle is lost but the war is not over"

I appreciate your opinion and I love the fact that you didn’t try to force your opinion as the truth. Rare shit now days.

in your opinion what made part 2 better?

Thkx fam. Thanks for asking too.

1st was the fact Ryan Cooley had to pivot and coming up with something that still made the "black panther" interesting despite. It was a good story and a good tie in, plus paid respect to chawick..what they wanted to do from the get go

It had heart and I thought he was able to come up w scenes that gave these actresses and actors a chance to really act. Plus you know they felt it cause it was real.

Then the fight scenes....there were more of them, the bridge, the invasion of wakanda was ill, the final battle, the opening scene, the run in w the police..it felt more like a comic movie in terms of them be in a constant battle.

The villain, his purpose made sense, his full strength and what he could do was on display and was ill..

To me the coldest scene was when he drowned the queen and then look at shuri with no compassion and said that bury the dead line..that ish was cold...and had me like..."you motherfucka...."

Thats some true villain shit.

Last edited:
Yeah I think someone said it earlier. I just didn't get the same feeling 😕 watching it. The fights scenes didn't do it for me.

I rewatched the 1st movie today and after seeing the second one yesterday. It confirmed it for me.

The movie is a great ode/honor to Chadwick and a way to move the series forward.

The comics have wakandans and the Atlantians (namor ppl) always going back and forth so they setup that well. We can expect to see that story line more.

Idk I was wanting Killmonger to come back lol. The black revolutionary part of me want to see wakandans fight wyt nations. Like both of these movies been mostly fighting amongst themselves (the 1st one) or another melainated people. And they changed it from Atlantians (in the comics) to Aztec people from Talocan in the movie.

I was reading how MCU was hoping Namor wouldn't be lump into an Aquaman comparison( for ppl who don't know the comics) but yeah I instantly thought of Aquaman...dispite the cultural background of Ancient Meso America.
This was really the purpose of this movie and mostly set up for Namor and his people. A good chunk of this movie becomes about them at a certain point. The movie went through a TON if rewrites and you could tell in the astral plane scene that T'Challa meeting the man he killed would've emphasized his resolve to not be a killer like Shuri was ready to be.

That's due to companies believing audiences are too stupid to tell the difference between them....and unfortunately general audiences need their hands held. That's who brings in the money so the story has to be that way for them.
Also this filmed showed Wakandans as weak. How u gonna leave the Queen unprotected drowning on the thrown room floor...disgraceful ugh

That scene with Shuri and Namor ( where he yielded) was the embodiment of "the battle is lost but the war is not over"
I admit this bothered me a lot Wakanda got it's asses whooped the whole movie and I knew the flood was coming but in the books Black Panther got BIG get back when Namor pulled that shit. He's not around here though:Will:I genuinely have no idea wheh we'll get another Black Panther movie the way this ended. Namor could easily pop up in other movies and with Valentinahas a promotion she'll be popping up a lot more. Angela Basset did heavy lifting and absolutely carried this movie.

I didn’t think they were weak. You have to remember Namor’s people were super powered due to them adapting to being under water people.

the fight wasn’t even at all and the people of Wakanda held their own pretty well.

This was really the purpose of this movie and mostly set up for Namor and his people. A good chunk of this movie becomes about them at a certain point. The movie went through a TON if rewrites and you could tell in the astral plane scene that T'Challa meeting the man he killed would've emphasized his resolve to not be a killer like Shuri was ready to be.

That's due to companies believing audiences are too stupid to tell the difference between them....and unfortunately general audiences need their hands held. That's who brings in the money so the story has to be that way for them.

I admit this bothered me a lot Wakanda got it's asses whooped the whole movie and I knew the flood was coming but in the books Black Panther got BIG get back when Namor pulled that shit. He's not around here though:Will:I genuinely have no idea wheh we'll get another Black Panther movie the way this ended. Namor could easily pop up in other movies and with Valentinahas a promotion she'll be popping up a lot more. Angela Basset did heavy lifting and absolutely carried this movie.
What do you mean when we'll get another Black Panther? It's set up for the UN to approve an invasion of Wakanda. They'll use what happened in the Atlantic Ocean (by the Talocans), Boston and the "kidnapping" of a federal agent as cause

Last edited:
Back