Welcome To aBlackWeb

I never read it, but I hear that Coates put some black power in it but forgot to tell a good story. I don't know how true that is.

He kinda made it like a political thriller, but it was a chore to read and not really fun for me. I have a lot of the singles and kept up for a bit. I might get a few trades or an Omnibus and try again with it.

It was just kinda slow for me.

Reactions: GNS
I remember on All Hip Hop we used to have a comic book thread. I enjoyed that because some folks would drop good suggestions.

@Iceberg_Taylor I would honestly suggest getting a trade if possible so you can get a good chunk of a story arc in one book. Look for Volume 1 of Black Panther the complete collection with Priest writing as a starting point

I remember on All Hip Hop we used to have a comic book thread. I enjoyed that because some folks would drop good suggestions.

@Iceberg_Taylor I would honestly suggest getting a trade if possible so you can get a good chunk of a story arc in one book. Look for Volume 1 of Black Panther the complete collection with Priest writing as a starting point
We have a Comics thread in here but it's pretty dead

I'm curious how this will turn out. The first BP movie was pretty boring, especially with Michael B Jordan as the antagonist. I think it would have been better if Jordan and Boseman switched roles or just had someone else in general as Black Panther while Boseman played Kilmonger. For as great of an actor as Boseman was, the BP role felt a bit flat and generic. It really isn't the worst thing that they would recast the role. Letitia Wright would be a pretty cool choice to wear the suit. I liked her in the "Mangrove" episode of Small Axe.

Another reason to wait for the stream is that it's supposed to be about 3 hours long. These cape flicks take themselves way too seriously to have such a long runtime. None of them are that deep and end up with a lot of filler.

OIP.jpeg

"Worst take ever."

???? explain

Coates took all the worst stereotypes about africa and applied them to Wakanda, which was considered the perfect nation by Marvel. He has rape camps and all that. then he wasnt done, he tried to say that Wakanda were colonizers like other white countries. Lastly he said the Panther tribe were dictators and not benevolent rulers.

He wrote white supremacist power fantasy

Coates took all the worst stereotypes about africa and applied them to Wakanda, which was considered the perfect nation by Marvel. He has rape camps and all that. then he wasnt done, he tried to say that Wakanda were colonizers like other white countries. Lastly he said the Panther tribe were dictators and not benevolent rulers.

Don't forget all the faggotry he threw in and literally destroyed the place. Motherfucker was basically the colonizer of BP writer's, that boy seeked and destroyed everything he was writing about.

I tried to be a bit more diplomatic with my answer, but…….

Damn, I ain't know he do all that. So he basically tried to point out the flaws of the African utopia, the same way the movie did, but went overboard with it huh?

One of the most hilarious things I've ever seen in comics is t'challa putting silver surfer; skrong ass cosmic powered emissary of galactus silver surfer in a standing crossface crippler looking move😂

With that said Idk how they'll show namors power level as compared to everyone else because marvel isn't good at that shit.

At least in the comics you knew t'challa and shuri had plenty of science, technology and mysticism on their side. Based on the movieverse wakanda Namor should be kicking down the buildings with ease if he got Thor like strength and they just have technology alone

Back