Welcome To aBlackWeb

The tone was going to be similar,” Coogler says. “The character was going to be grieving the loss of time, you know, coming back after being gone for five years. As a man with so much responsibility to so many, coming back after a forced five years absence, that’s what the film was tackling. He was grieving time he couldn’t get back. Grief was a big part of it.

After Boseman died, Coogler worked with co-writer Joe Robert Cole to draft a new story. While the plot and protagonist changed, there are still elements of Wakanda Forever left from Coogler’s original script. Namor the Sub-mariner, played by Tenoch Huerta, “was always the antagonist.”

“There were other characters, for sure, that we considered including,” Coogler says. “Namor was always there.”

I'm curious how this will turn out. The first BP movie was pretty boring, especially with Michael B Jordan as the antagonist. I think it would have been better if Jordan and Boseman switched roles or just had someone else in general as Black Panther while Boseman played Kilmonger. For as great of an actor as Boseman was, the BP role felt a bit flat and generic. It really isn't the worst thing that they would recast the role. Letitia Wright would be a pretty cool choice to wear the suit. I liked her in the "Mangrove" episode of Small Axe.

Another reason to wait for the stream is that it's supposed to be about 3 hours long. These cape flicks take themselves way too seriously to have such a long runtime. None of them are that deep and end up with a lot of filler.

Back