Welcome To aBlackWeb

Time Terrorist

PRAISE: This was the most hyped I have ever been to see an Ant Man movie . The story this time around with its inclusion of Kang grabbed my interest as Ant-Man and the Wasp find themselves exploring the Quantum Realm, interacting with strange new creatures and embarking on an adventure that pushes them beyond the limits of what they thought was possible.
I did enjoy portions of the story that included threads about Scott Lang/Ant Man (portrayed with the usual capableness of Paul Rudd ) getting lost in his own fame . The ripple effect of "The Blip" still being felt was a good thread inclusion. The loss of time to bond with family and missing out on specific life experiences.
The rest of the cast do well with their roles including:Evangeline Lilly, Michael Douglas, Michelle Pfeiffer, Kathryn Newton , Bill Murray did well with his screen time but Jonathan Majors is the standout as Kang. He portrays him in such a great way to establish him as one of the MCU's most sinister villains. I really enjoyed how he played on the feelings and needs of others to get what he wanted . What is done visually in this movie was outstanding. All of the colorful characters that inhabit the Quantum Realm were fun to watch.
It all had this Journey to the Center of The Earth vibe.
Praise to the movie for taking some pages right from comics featuring Kang and bringing them to life.
The Loki series opened the door to Kang but now he has truly entered the MCU stick around for the 2 after credits scenes .

PROBLEMS: The film does waste some time on some silliness. I can't believe they had characters using the same "trick up their sleeves ".Some lazy writing in certain spots in the movie.
One character I know some people were looking forward to seeing in the movie mainly came off as a forgettable joke to me. I laughed so hard at the cheesiness of the character as if he was a character from Pee Wee's Playhouse. I guess I was supposed to feel some type of empathy for the character in the end but I felt nothing. It really felt like filler. Side characters were really forgettable.
One turn I wish the movie would have stuck with was resolved to quickly. I guess Marvel doesn't want to commit to something they may not be able to wrap up.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 7

Back