Welcome To aBlackWeb

As for Captain America, this film accented why I dislike his character so much while still appreciating his consistency. He is a proponent of exceptionalist ethics.

In The First Avenger, he believes he should be given an opportunity to join the army despite being drastically physically unqualified. In The Winter Soldier, he believes himself to be an exception to the Hydra infiltration of SHIELD, the very organization virtually responsible for his existence as a superhero. In Civil War, he believes he should be able to act as an international vigilante without being held accountable for collateral consequences. Now in Infinity War, he argues that Vision should not be sacrificed because "We don't trade lives", ignoring that he did just that when he flew a plane into the ocean to save the world from Hydra during WW2.

Steve Rogers sees himself as an exception to the standards he insists on holding everyone else to. He's selfish, has a martyr complex, and an idealist in the most boisterous regard. So when he struggles against the towering Thanos left hand, and gets knocked down with a right fist, I was the lone moviegoer to applaud the mad titan.
He represents America's arrogance and it's rebellious history.... He's a walking personification of America's true morals

Of you look hard enough, you can even see some of America's ugly racism in him

The sound effects sounded like Thanos unlocked a cheat code when he used the gauntlet to throw the moon

The sound effects sounded like Thanos unlocked a cheat code when he used the gauntlet to throw the moon

Shuri gonna bang back too... If she's going to be a major part of the next phase like they hinting.... She gotta show off next movie

One of my few gripes of these movie's. Collector and Grandmaster are Elders of the universe. They can't be killed and are Galactus level powerful
That was Jeff goldblum right??

Dude was prolly still re building from hulk and thor tearing his planet to shit.... He ain't have time to go to war... Just gave it up and made him promise to beat the shit outta hulk

That was Jeff goldblum right??

Dude was prolly still re building from hulk and thor tearing his planet to shit.... He ain't have time to go to war... Just gave it up and made him promise to beat the shit outta hulk
Lol no. Goldblum isn't the Collector.

One of my few gripes of these movie's. Collector and Grandmaster are Elders of the universe. They can't be killed and are Galactus level powerful

I forgot that they are brothers. Marvel Universe is deep

As for Captain America, this film accented why I dislike his character so much while still appreciating his consistency. He is a proponent of exceptionalist ethics.

In The First Avenger, he believes he should be given an opportunity to join the army despite being drastically physically unqualified. In The Winter Soldier, he believes himself to be an exception to the Hydra infiltration of SHIELD, the very organization virtually responsible for his existence as a superhero. In Civil War, he believes he should be able to act as an international vigilante without being held accountable for collateral consequences. Now in Infinity War, he argues that Vision should not be sacrificed because "We don't trade lives", ignoring that he did just that when he flew a plane into the ocean to save the world from Hydra during WW2.

Steve Rogers sees himself as an exception to the standards he insists on holding everyone else to. He's selfish, has a martyr complex, and an idealist in the most boisterous regard. So when he struggles against the towering Thanos left hand, and gets knocked down with a right fist, I was the lone moviegoer to applaud the mad titan.

No my brother, you were not alone. giphy (24).gif

Cap is white privilege personified.

His face is right next to the definition

I agree. Him and Super Man have always been symbols of white American ideals. I'd say Super Man even more so. I ain't mad at it, though. All groups have a right to express themselves in such a way.

I agree. Him and Super Man have always been symbols of white American ideals. I'd say Super Man even more so. I ain't mad at it, though. All groups have a right to express themselves in such a way.
It's definitely debatable.

Captain America is literally propaganda. Superman was just used as a political vehicle whenever necessary.

But I'm mad at it because American exceptionalism is why dozens of foreign leaders are dead and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan lasted over a decade.

it's almost enough to make you wanna boycott captain america as a brand, cuz he just blatantly makes light of legit plights to justify america's capitalist nature...

yes when it's cap problem, damn to be all rules, he will fight for whatever he deems justice at the moment....

but for everybody else.... they gotta follow the rules or it's unpatriotic...

just not him tho..

foh

it's almost enough to make you wanna boycott captain america as a brand, cuz he just blatantly makes light of legit plights to justify america's capitalist nature...

yes when it's cap problem, damn to be all rules, he will fight for whatever he deems justice at the moment....

but for everybody else.... they gotta follow the rules or it's unpatriotic...

just not him tho..

foh
Cap is the white liberal Malcolm X warned us about.

Only showed up in Wakanda when he needed help. But was MIA when Killmonger was fucking shit up.

If that's not America in a nutshell, what is?

Cap is the white liberal Malcolm X warned us about.

Only showed up in Wakanda when he needed help. But was MIA when Killmonger was fucking shit up.

If that's not America in a nutshell, what is?
I can agree with this point but to be fair, I doubt anyone knew about what was going on in Wakanda. Keep in mind this was a week after everything went down in Civil War.

Back