Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Martin vs Fresh Prince

Funniest sitcom

• Total voters
Plus I love physical comedy..... It's one of my things

3 stooges
Chris Farley
Jackass Johnny Knoxville

Something about people who entertain with their entire body makes me laugh...

Where as in turn I hate if not loath arnez j..... But Martin on his tv show was a master at it

I laughed my ass off every dragon fly Jones sketch

The Tommy hearns fight

Fighting that monster on their vacation "that ain't no damn puppy"

The nino Brown stuffed animal dog

Martin was just a higher level of funny..

Even Gina would get in on it

Her head being stuck in the bed and the allergic reaction during the high school reunion

I laughed way too hard at all that shit

Niggas who pick “Fresh Prince” over “Martin” grew up in the suburbs and wore Sketchers...

tbh, i never really liked fresh prince like that. I watched it during its original run, but have not watched an entire re run since. Jazz was funny tho and i had a crush on Hillary.

I definitely dont hold the show in such high regard as most blk ppl.

Only reason Fresh Prince gets the edge as GOAT for me is fact that they tackled some serious subject matters and social issues while also still being very funny

Drugs ( Carlton's OD)
Gun Violence ( Will gets shot during robbery)
Fatherlessness ( "Why he dont want me man?!")
Blackness ( College frat episode)
Racism and Police ( Will and Carlton get pulled over and go to jail)
LA Riots

and many others

I dont really recall Martin tackling serious subjects...they mostly kept it all jokes...which is cool

Oh shit?! Carlton od'ed? I dont remember that episode...hangin w dem white boys, nigga prolly woke up w foreign objects hanging outta his butt nh

Martin did what was expected - produce funny content

loved it as a kid and love it now when i'm looking for a good laugh

those looking for life lessons and social commentary from this show are reaching - this show wasn't meant for that

Oh shit?! Carlton od'ed? I dont remember that episode...hangin w dem white boys, nigga prolly woke up w foreign objects hanging outta his butt nh

Really? You don't remember when Will was taking speed or something like that, to help him study. Then Carlton popping like 6 of them shits thinking they're aspirin at the school dance.

That episode along w/ Carlton & the Gun and Will's pops episode are like the top 3 most memorable FP episodes.

Really? You don't remember when Will was taking speed or something like that, to help him study. Then Carlton popping like 6 of them shits thinking they're aspirin at the school dance.

That episode along w/ Carlton & the Gun and Will's pops episode are like the top 3 most memorable FP episodes.

Oh yea. Will got em to help him study. I remember now.

Lol niggas wanna break down what a sitcom is but then wanted to say the boondocks was a sitcom awhile back

Martin is the better show for me.

But with that being said.

You raising your kids in the burbs or the hood?
Trying to see something real quick

Don’t have kids and not married, but when it’s my turn years from now I’d definitely prefer to raise ‘em in the city...

Oh and for the record, my personal list is this:

1) Cosby show for the nationwide cultural impact with its depiction of a functional prominent Black family...

A tie at No. 2 with Martin and A Different World. Martin was just flat out fuckin funny - no dramatic ass “special episodes” with a hotline to call at the end - just a nigga in real life situations makin fun of it along the way...

...I’d laugh at shit on Martin as a kid and then see how real it was in person when I’d go thru it - like when bruh was depressed and lost his job - as a grown man watching that shit after having gone thru it it gave me a new appreciation for what he was actually doin’.

“A Different World” is my 2b because it was actually funny and socially aware...

....BUT NIGGAS TALKIN JIVE AND AINT ASKIN THE REAL QUESTION:

Who had the most fire kick game? Dwayne Wayne, Martin, or Will?

:popcorn2:

I actually gotta vote for Dwayne - nigga KEPT some flame on his feet just walkin round like “it’s nuthin nigga, this shit light.”
:celebrate2:

Oh and for the record, my personal list is this:

1) Cosby show for the nationwide cultural impact with its depiction of a functional prominent Black family...

A tie at No. 2 with Martin and A Different World. Martin was just flat out fuckin funny - no dramatic ass “special episodes” with a hotline to call at the end - just a nigga in real life situations makin fun of it along the way...

...I’d laugh at shit on Martin as a kid and then see how real it was in person when I’d go thru it - like when bruh was depressed and lost his job - as a grown man watching that shit after having gone thru it it gave me a new appreciation for what he was actually doin’.

“A Different World” is my 2b because it was actually funny and socially aware...

....BUT NIGGAS TALKIN JIVE AND AINT ASKIN THE REAL QUESTION:

Who had the most fire kick game? Dwayne Wayne, Martin, or Will?

:popcorn2:

I actually gotta vote for Dwayne - nigga KEPT some flame on his feet just walkin round like “it’s nuthin nigga, this shit light.”
:celebrate2:

Dwayne stayed in some fresh J's

Didn't wanna make a spectacle of it when i came back, but long story short, I was staring at death for 2 weeks.

The docs, family, all thought I was outta here. I just got released from the hospital a few days ago. Now I'm just taking shit a day at a time fam.
I’m sorry to hear man and sorry for putting the attention on you

It’s gonna take a lot more than that to get you outta here though feel better and Stay strong

Back