Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Martin vs Fresh Prince

Funniest sitcom

• Total voters
You can just make a statement like this and not back it up some kinda evidence

I'll do it.

Funny - was it as funny as Martin, maybe not but it wasn't far behind.

Social Commentary - DW became a classic when Debbie Allen took over and they became more socially aware w/ classic and memerable eps about 1st Iraq War, Date Rape, Racism, Domestic Violence, Colorism, Rodney King, HIV/Aids etc.

Impact - DW is credited w/ a big raise in HBCU enrollment. Kadeem Hardison and Jasmine Guy will FOREVER be Dawayne and Whitley.

Different World is a better show than Martin.

giphy.gif

Martin was funny as hell for the first three seasons.... but then them drugs hit. The shit happening with Tisha Campbell behind the scenes killed their chemistry too.

Fresh Prince was consistently good throughout the whole run.

A Different World wasn’t the same after Dwayne & Whitley got married.

I’ve never fucked with the Cosby Show.

Martin was funny as hell for the first three seasons.... but then them drugs hit. The shit happening with Tisha Campbell behind the scenes killed their chemistry too.

Fresh Prince was consistently good throughout the whole run.

A Different World wasn’t the same after Dwayne & Whitley got married.

I’ve never fucked with the Cosby Show.

Agree. Funny, the first 3 seasons of Martin was good then it fell off after that. The first 3 seasons to fresh prince was wack then that ish started to get good once they developed "Carlton" more.

Did the poll ever get dropped? Here's my take on it:

If I am flipping through channels and had the option of the mentioned shows, Martin would be the show I would stop and watch.

There are so many episodes of Martin that I can nearly recite from memory. Characters as well. Someone list a better line-up of characters on one show that are part of mainstream commentary concerning a sitcom.

1. Shaneneh
2. Mama Payne
3. BruhMan
4. Hustle Man
5. Otis
6. Leroy Preston
7. DragonFly Jones
8. Fighting Tommy Hearns
9. Biggie guest-starring
10. Jerome (Playa from the Himalayas)
11. AngryMan
12. Pam, Gina, Tommy, and Cole were amazing co-stars who had great chemistry
13. Agreed that the show went downhill after a few seasons; had a great run though

Back