Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Martin vs Fresh Prince

Funniest sitcom

• Total voters
Ol Otis is my favorite character. Shts get real when you call Ol Otis old. Man I be dying laughing when he play him

Damn, now a classic like Martin getting shitted on

So much for all that black unity we had just 2 months ago...
6vkTZ.gif

Only reason Fresh Prince gets the edge as GOAT for me is fact that they tackled some serious subject matters and social issues while also still being very funny

Drugs ( Carlton's OD)
Gun Violence ( Will gets shot during robbery)
Fatherlessness ( "Why he dont want me man?!")
Blackness ( College frat episode)
Racism and Police ( Will and Carlton get pulled over and go to jail)
LA Riots

and many others

I dont really recall Martin tackling serious subjects...they mostly kept it all jokes...which is cool

Only reason Fresh Prince gets the edge as GOAT for me is fact that they tackled some serious subject matters and social issues while also still being very funny

Drugs ( Carlton's OD)
LA Riots

and many others

I dont really recall Martin tackling serious subjects...they mostly kept it all jokes...which is cool

Same thing I said.

Drugs ( Carlton's OD)
LA Riots

and many others

That list is why Different World is my #1 sitcom

Drugs ( Carlton's OD)
LA Riots

and many others

Relationships was a big thing on Martin

Some of these niggas was playing house at 10-12

Sometimes it feels Martin gets overrated because of nostalgia, I tried watching it a few times as an adult and shit just comes off goofy but I loved it as a kid. I can say this about alot of shows growing up but id def put Fresh Prince and Cosby show above it before anything.

I would venture to say Martin is a true sitcom whereas FP and Cosby are not. That places them in different categories. Martin never really tackled serious subject matter that had people crying from sorrow, whereas FP and Cosby did.

Sitcom = situational comedy

Same thing with ADW. For laughs, Martin gets my vote as #1. None of them can hold a candle to Jerome.

Back