Welcome To aBlackWeb

Mandatory Paternity Test upon birth-Ya ll with it?

In cases of domestic violence.

It's easier for some women to have the child without involving the father. If the tests were mandatory, then a woman in this case would be stuck co-parenting with an abuser.

Women are statistically more likely to be abused while pregnant, so this would screw a lot of women who just want to escape without being tied to their abusers.

The problem here is that in many states (maybe most of them?), if she ever needs assistance the courts will demand a DNA test so they can put dude on child support, so there's a chance she may wind up co-parenting with him anyways.

The problem here is that in many states (maybe most of them?), if she ever needs assistance the courts will demand a DNA test so they can put dude on child support, so there's a chance she may wind up co-parenting with him anyways.

Victims wouldn't request assistance from their abusers. They'd just disappear with the child and go no contact. You don't need the childs father to get government assistance.

You can waive that if you tell them that you were abusive relationship.

Victims wouldn't request assistance from their abusers. They'd just disappear with the child and go no contact. You don't need the childs father to get government assistance.

That's how it is here in MI and that's how I found out the daughter I had raised until she was 3 was not mine. The state forced a DNA test because her mother decided to get food stamps and daycare assistance. Unbeknownst to me, her mother didn't list a father despite the fact that I was present for her birth, I named her, cut the umbilical cord and alladat.

And that's not always true that an abused woman would just disappear. I've seen it entirely too many times for that to even be a thing, including with my own mother. Moms was in a physically abusive relationship, black eyes and bloody lips and shit but from that abusive relationship came my two younger sisters. There was no cutting off, no disappearing, no any of that.

That's how it is here in MI and that's how I found out the daughter I had raised until she was 3 was not mine. The state forced a DNA test because her mother decided to get food stamps and daycare assistance. Unbeknownst to me, her mother didn't list a father despite the fact that I was present for her birth, I named her, cut the umbilical cord and alladat.

And that's not always true that an abused woman would just disappear. I've seen it entirely too many times for that to even be a thing, including with my own mother. Moms was in a physically abusive relationship, black eyes and bloody lips and shit but from that abusive relationship came my two younger sisters. There was no cutting off, no disappearing, no any of that.
Damn man sorry to hear u went thru that. Anytime I hear these stories it makes me wonder what i'd do in such a situation.

Back