Welcome To aBlackWeb

Malik Yoba at the Breakfast Club addressing Trans Issues

I'm almost at the 30 min mark and this interview is a LOT to unpack.

I don't want to do it a disservice by bastardizing what they are trying to talk about. I disagree with a few things in the first part of the interview, but at least from an educational standpoint, they are attempting to clear up things like the terminology commonly associated with this community.

I had NEVER heard the term "cis" used in everyday conversation. This is one of my "grievances" b/c it just seems like it was created last week, but they are saying its a scientific word so its legit

"Cisgender" or "cis" has really only been in use in recent years. It's the flawed notion that your "gender" matches the sex you're assigned sex at birth, and therein is the flaw; no one is "assigned" a sex. You either are or aren't a given sex. You're male or female, XY or XX, and anything outside of that is a mutation/defect that we have no real description for.

The term isn't scientific. It was coined as just another way to separate normal people from trans because saying "normal" is apparently insulting to trannies.

To me, sounded more like she was saying 'I just met you. I don't disclose personal details to strangers like that. We have to build trust. Just like with any other personal detail.' If they really look at it like any other personal detail...

So basically lead the man on until he's feeling you and then spring it on him that you're also a "him" but dressed up to look like a "her"...

Do we not see the problem with this level of deception? You've intentionally misled a heterosexual man into a homosexual relationship by taking away his ability to make a decision early on if this is the type of thing he wants to even explore. Now feelings may be involved, and when the tranny finally springs the truth on him you add a grip of new negative emotions into the mix: Betrayal, anger, and possibly rage.

Nope... Anything beyond the initial meeting is deception, plain and simple.

So basically lead the man on until he's feeling you and then spring it on him that you're also a "him" but dressed up to look like a "her"...

Do we not see the problem with this level of deception? You've intentionally misled a heterosexual man into a homosexual relationship by taking away his ability to make a decision early on if this is the type of thing he wants to even explore. Now feelings may be involved, and when the tranny finally springs the truth on him you add a grip of new negative emotions into the mix: Betrayal, anger, and possibly rage.

It’s sad that men may now have to ask a woman from the beginning if she was born a female just to make sure he knows who he’s talking to. Not to be rude or disrespectful but just to make sure he’s not being deceived

In their eyes they dont see it as a homosexual relationship. They believe they're a woman that happen to have a penis. And if they've have the surgery, they consider themselves 100% natural women.

In their eyes they dont see it as a homosexual relationship. They believe they're a woman that happen to have a penis. And if they've have the surgery, they consider themselves 100% natural women.

Which is why I've always advocated for mental help for them, because they're no different that a bulimic that sees themselves as being fat despite being rail thin, or a person that believes themselves to be Jesus or an animal. Same mental issue; a detachment from reality. It's just taking different forms.

To me, sounded more like she was saying 'I just met you. I don't disclose personal details to strangers like that. We have to build trust. Just like with any other personal detail.' If they really look at it like any other personal detail...
They view themselves as woman, not female. Female is biological.
And regardless on how you view yourself, if the truth of your sex would be a point of contention maybe you should tell someone.
I agree it should be disclosed early. one of the most common subjects when first meeting a women is if either of you have kids, which is usually followed by whether you want them or not. in my case I don't have kids and may want them in the future with the woman I settle down with. why wouldn't/shouldn't a trans person disclose this info at that point instead of wasting my time in hopes of changing my mind?

They view themselves as woman, not female. Female is biological.
And regardless on how you view yourself, if the truth of your sex would be a point of contention maybe you should tell someone.

"woman" is a colloquialism used to describe an adult human female just as "man" is used to describe an adult human male.

eh...i try to give em a little more space on that one

cuz I mean they could just as well be at the bar talking to a "Man" with no dick or a prosthetic foot or fucking psoriasis and not know it

its fucked up and weird to ask a question like that when you just meet somebody.....ay before we go any further have you always had a dick? lol

i get that one...its weird as fuck.....we dont walk into a room like "ay im straight in case anybody was wondering"

they're saying people move too fast period....you see a woman you might want to talk to and automatically think about whats in her pants

its like chill, pump your brakes, have a conversation.....and im pretty sure it'll roll out if this conversation is going anywhere to begin with

at that point if you freak out its on you lol....you havent done anything but talked....you werent betrayed or deceived by this person, you just gotta retract all your thoughts about what you were trying to do with this person when ya'll leave lol....again, not their fault

its the stigma and everything around it that makes a man feel angry or dirty when he realizes he was attracted to someone that doesnt have a vagina

to me thats no different then the "FINE" convo we had and I said how a man can see a woman from behind and be like daaaaamn but then see her face and his whole mood switch.....nah, she was JUST daaaamn 2 seconds ago.....thats not a L on your part, its biology.....your brain liked what your eyes perceived and created a response....its ok lmao you wont die

I watched... and what I found interesting is that even amongst all of the guests... they weren't all on the same page when it comes to the terms that should be used. Yoba, several times was like "Am I using the right word/adjective?"

First it was LGBT.. then it was LGBTQ.. now its LGTBQ/IA+?? I don't even know wtf that means...

my thing is... dont be a fuckin asshole. treat people how you want to be treated.. I could care less about who you choose to love... but dont get mad at me if I can't keep up with these terms that seem to change every couple of months. Don't lash at out possible allies for "micro-agressions" simply cuz they cant keep up with what seems to be a constantly shifting landscape of terms.

I watched... and what I found interesting is that even amongst all of the guests... they weren't all on the same page when it comes to the terms that should be used. Yoba, several times was like "Am I using the right word/adjective?"

First it was LGBT.. then it was LGBTQ.. now its LGTBQ/IA+?? I don't even know wtf that means...

my thing is... dont be a fuckin asshole. treat people how you want to be treated.. I could care less about who you choose to love... but dont get mad at me if I can't keep up with these terms that seem to change every couple of months. Don't lash at out possible allies for "micro-agressions" simply cuz they cant keep up with what seems to be a constantly shifting landscape of terms.

I'm sure they'd say that the problem is that most people would make an attempt to keep up with the constantly shifting landscape of any other culture or group of people, but will flippantly say 'LGBLMNOP?!?! Whatever, I can't keep up with that shit!' when it comes to this group. I mean whether or not you or I agree with that or feel that it's true is almost beside the point, ya know?

cuz I mean they could just as well be at the bar talking to a "Man" with no dick or a prosthetic foot or fucking psoriasis and not know it

its fucked up and weird to ask a question like that when you just meet somebody.....ay before we go any further have you always had a dick? lol

i get that one...its weird as fuck.....we dont walk into a room like "ay im straight in case anybody was wondering"

they're saying people move too fast period....you see a woman you might want to talk to and automatically think about whats in her pants

its like chill, pump your brakes, have a conversation.....and im pretty sure it'll roll out if this conversation is going anywhere to begin with

at that point if you freak out its on you lol....you havent done anything but talked....you werent betrayed or deceived by this person, you just gotta retract all your thoughts about what you were trying to do with this person when ya'll leave lol....again, not their fault

its the stigma and everything around it that makes a man feel angry or dirty when he realizes he was attracted to someone that doesnt have a vagina

to me thats no different then the "FINE" convo we had and I said how a man can see a woman from behind and be like daaaaamn but then see her face and his whole mood switch.....nah, she was JUST daaaamn 2 seconds ago.....thats not a L on your part, its biology.....your brain liked what your eyes perceived and created a response....its ok lmao you wont die

It's fucked up and weird to try to present yourself as the opposite sex and thinking that people are just gonna accept the shit at face value too.

Fam, when I was in college in '90-'93 it was "LGB". I don't even know when the "T" got added and even more recently there's a Q and extra shit going on.

It's fucked up and weird to try to present yourself as the opposite sex and thinking that people are just gonna accept the shit at face value too.

true enough

the only thing is....they dont control who's eyes they catch....I dont think there's intention to draw any particular type of man, woman, straight, gay, trans, whatever

when YOU see her, and YOU choose to engage in conversation or eye rape her, thats all YOU

which is why YOU feel betrayed and have a problem now

lets say your male coworker randomly tells you he was born a woman....you're not mad and scratching your eyes out....cuz you werent thinkin about fuckin him

its just essentially telling people what we already know.....which is to quit thinking and interacting with your dick

you dont know if that all natural woman in the corner over there has aids or is a murderer....just talk....no judgement, no preconceptions, no harm done...and you'll find out what you need to know and have the choice to move accordingly

No, that's called "nature". The male and female body is the way it is to attract mates. This is a core of our nature: certain aspects of our physical form indicate to us on a basic level that the individual may be a good mate. Society added the extra layers, but at our core, base level this is what it is.

"Attractiveness is judged by means of adaptive psychological mechanisms that have evolved to identify prospective mates who will increase reproductive success above the level expected in random mating (Buss & Schmitt, 1993). Men are attracted to a number of physical characteristics in women, including youth cues, face shape, symmetry, waist-to-hip ratio (WHR), distribution of fat reserves, and other secondary sexual traits (Barber, 1995; Buss, 1989; Singh, 1993, 1995). Most of these visual cues have been recognized as markers of female fertility and good genes (Barber, 1995; Thornhill & Gangestad, 1999) and correlate with health or fertility, as reflected by sex hormones level (e.g., Henderson & Anglin, 2003; Jasienska, Lipson, Ellison, Thune, & Ziomkiewicz, 2006; Scheib, Gangestad, & Thornhill, 1999; Shackelford & Larsen, 1999; Thornhill & Grammer, 1999). "

So, it's only natural to look at a woman and think this way. And because this is 2019, yes, we need to question what we see because transfolks are out there like that and the way they present themselves plays on our instinctive means of selecting a potential mate even though they could NEVER be a mate to the same sex.

I'm sure they'd say that the problem is that most people would make an attempt to keep up with the constantly shifting landscape of any other culture or group of people, but will flippantly say 'LGBLMNOP?!?! Whatever, I can't keep up with that shit!' when it comes to this group. I mean whether or not you or I agree with that or feel that it's true is almost beside the point, ya know?

I'm sure they would as well... but I dont see how one could realistically expect someone who's not in that culture to keep up with EVERYTHING that's going on within that culture.

Sure I could see how they may take offence to "LGBTLMNOP".. but if someone legit said "LGB" or "LGBT" and left out the others that they had NO CLUE about... I feel like taking offense to that is a bit much.

It was also interesting when Charlamagne echoed what Kevin Hart said on the shop "Oh he came out as this or that... WHO CARES" and the guests said that was offensive. More often than not.. people that say "I dont care who you choose to love" are either allies or indifferent... so to chastise them for saying they dont care... seems a bit much to me

I'm sure they would as well... but I dont see how one could realistically expect someone who's not in that culture to keep up with EVERYTHING that's going on within that culture.

Sure I could see how they may take offence to "LGBTLMNOP".. but if someone legit said "LGB" or "LGBT" and left out the others that they had NO CLUE about... I feel like taking offense to that is a bit much.

It was also interesting when Charlamagne echoed what Kevin Hart said on the shop "Oh he came out as this or that... WHO CARES" and the guests said that was offensive. More often than not.. people that say "I dont care who you choose to love" are either allies or indifferent... so to chastise them for saying they dont care... seems a bit much to me

I honestly have never seen someone take offense to simply not knowing the letters or what they meant. They just correct you and then that's that. Only time I've ever seen anyone get upset with getting the letters wrong is if they say it in some disrespectful, dismissive way.

Maybe you've seen different? Serious question.

true enough

the only thing is....they dont control who's eyes they catch....I dont think there's intention to draw any particular type of man, woman, straight, gay, trans, whatever

when YOU see her, and YOU choose to engage in conversation or eye rape her, thats all YOU

lets say your male coworker randomly tells you he was born a woman....you're not mad and scratching your eyes out....cuz you werent thinkin about fuckin him

its just essentially telling people what we already know.....which is to quit thinking and interacting with your dick

you dont know if that all natural woman in the corner over there has aids or is a murderer....just talk....no judgement, no preconceptions, no harm done...and you'll find out what you need to know and have the choice to move accordingly

Highly incorrect. When a straight male sees what appears at face value to be a female, instinct kicks in and drives your reaction to "her". This is very well documented and there are many links to scholarly references in my last response if you feel like going through them.

And that's the issue: Instinct draws you in and their appearance is designed to do just that; appear as if they're the opposite sex. But doing that has consequences just like anything else, including attracting the opposite sex: Transmen can appear attractive to heterosexual women, transwomen can appear attractive to heterosexual men and all of that is biologically driven. The betrayal comes in when it's revealed that the individual is not what they appear to be and that end of it is completely intentional; they believe they're the opposite sex and intentionally try to appear that way.

• Haha
Reactions: 1/2
true enough

because I'm a heterosexual male and have no attraction to other males or individuals that appear to be male. Sarah over in accountint, however, might be feelin the transman because of "his" appearance and that's who's gonna have the problem, not me. Then too that gay nigga in the mail room might be feelin the transman as well and could also have the same, visceral reaction to said trannynigga as Sarah if either one started a relationship with "him", only to find out later that "he" was really "she".

• Haha
Reactions: 1/2
I honestly have never seen someone take offense to simply not knowing the letters or what they meant. They just correct you and then that's that. Only time I've ever seen anyone get upset with getting the letters wrong is if they say it in some disrespectful, dismissive way.

Maybe you've seen different? Serious question.

Nah I haven't either but if I'm being honest I dont know too many folks that are in that community like that. I'm just going off of my perception from social media of how it seems folks are immediately pounced on if they offend, even if it was unintentional, in some shape or form

Back