Welcome To aBlackWeb

Lupe Fiasco- Kick Push

Classic or Not Song Edition: Lupe Fiasco- Kick Push

• Total voters
Bruh where is the proof that Lupe influenced Wayne to start skateboarding?
I don't have any tangible proof

But I also never said Lupe was the first prominent black entertainer to be documented skateboarding

I don't have any tangible proof

But I also never said Lupe was the first prominent black entertainer to be documented skateboarding
The bold contradicts the underlined. You can’t say no prominent black celebrities were skateboarding until Kick Push, when you don’t have tangible proof that Lupe influenced others to do it.

The bold contradicts the underlined. You can’t say no prominent black celebrities were skateboarding until Kick Push, when you don’t have tangible proof that Lupe influenced others to do it.
Ok

I talk too much shit on this acct to need an alt acct to talk more shit lol

Y'all serious? As a nigga who has Lupe in his top 5 I never thought Kick Push was about anything other than skateboarding.

Lupe on Kick, Push:

"I think on the surface, you know what the songs are about at the end of the day. I don’t think it’s like a big mystery. It’s not like a riddle… It may take a little bit more digging to kinda get what the song’s about, but in its totality, it’s not something that you need to be a rocket scientist to kinda figure out. It’s people who still think ‘Kick Push’ is about drug dealing. I had a dude tell me he thought ‘Kick Push’ was about basketball, so you know who knows what people think at the end of the day."

That's dope that everybody can listen to the same thing and come up with their own interpretation though. That's the beauty of it.

Y'all serious? As a nigga who has Lupe in his top 5 I never thought Kick Push was about anything other than skateboarding.

Lupe on Kick, Push:

"I think on the surface, you know what the songs are about at the end of the day. I don’t think it’s like a big mystery. It’s not like a riddle… It may take a little bit more digging to kinda get what the song’s about, but in its totality, it’s not something that you need to be a rocket scientist to kinda figure out. It’s people who still think ‘Kick Push’ is about drug dealing. I had a dude tell me he thought ‘Kick Push’ was about basketball, so you know who knows what people think at the end of the day."

That's dope that everybody can listen to the same thing and come up with their own interpretation though. That's the beauty of it.
That's cool and all, but it's about drug dealing.

He speaks about a kid young in the dope game who didn't know how to hustle and fucks up the pack/ gets robbed/beat up. But the rush of selling drugs had him hooked.

Left the block and hustled in the park for bit til he started expanding.

Got older more experienced in the drug game and his mom's was afraid he would die and meets a girl and falls in love and he didn't want her involved in the game but she tells him she is already established and got connects to expand his empire.

But the connects wasn't trusting him enough so they told them to leave.

He gets a crew starts hustling in the lobbies of buildings until cops start Lockin niggas up

Ok listen to the song with drug dealing in mind and you will catch all the references

"In the building lobby couldn't skate no more"

Talkin bout selling drugs and making it hot

But i can do that with like any song ever. Searching for hidden meanings

Also keep in mind the 1st and 15th label was also allegedly backed by drug money

Back