Welcome To aBlackWeb

Lupe Fiasco- Kick Push

Classic or Not Song Edition: Lupe Fiasco- Kick Push

• Total voters
How is this a classic? Somebody explain the brilliance of this record
If it's just a regional classic, I'll accept that.

I love the horns on the beat for starters.

Also this song is about breaking away from the norm and niggas expressing themselves through skateboarding.

Lupe opened the door, at least here in Chicago, for the new generations of 'weirdos' or niggas that don't fall into the stereotypical trappings of the inner city.

It's even more beautiful that he finds a chick that is on the same thing as him and can hold her own.

On top of being harassed by the police for just wanting to get it how you live. Something we all can relate to.

East coasters prolly wouldn't understand it cause being weirdos is the norm for y'all.

The beauty is in the simplicity of the song, imo.

If it's just a regional classic, I'll accept that.

I love the horns on the beat for starters.

Also this song is about breaking away from the norm and niggas expressing themselves through skateboarding.

Lupe opened the door, at least here in Chicago, for the new generations of 'weirdos' or niggas that don't fall into the stereotypical trappings of the inner city.

It's even more beautiful that he finds a chick that is on the same thing as him and can hold her own.

On top of being harassed by the police for just wanting to get it how you live. Something we all can relate to.

East coasters prolly wouldn't understand it cause being weirdos is the norm for y'all.

The beauty is in the simplicity of the song, imo.

Didn't Kanye already do that tho'?

Can you visualize what Lupe is saying? Can you picture yourself on a skateboard kicking and pushing? Can you see yourself finding a chick with the same interest as you that you are physically attracted too? Do you hear the police telling you “There’s no skating here?”, while your just skating in the light of the stars and moon minding your damn business?
I can feel the beat, the highs and the lows while I imagine myself skate boarding!

Classic

What? lmaooooo Kanye came in the game wearing pink sweaters and backpacks when every other nigga was rockin throwbacks

Yall lupe niggas gotta stop rewriting history lol

What? lmaooooo Kanye came in the game wearing pink sweaters and backpacks when every other nigga was rockin throwbacks

Yall lupe niggas gotta stop rewriting history lol
That pink swag was dipsets first!
He did popularize them LV bags tho.

I don't get it at first

But once I did, I loved it

Lupe got a lot of rappers trying to skateboard after this

Coughs.... Wayne
No lie, I seen so many more black skateboarders after this song dropped skating around parks and neighborhoods. He really ushered in a new culture to embrace. It was night and day.

Song is def a classic tho and it wasn't until years later it finally hit me he was simultaneously talking about drug dealing. Blew my mind lol.

I hate u lupe nerd niggas lol

"You guys really thought lupe was talkin about skateboarding when he was talkin about skateboarding?" foh nigga

Shit was corny then and shit was corny now.

and lol @ niggas thinkin wayne went out and began skateboarding because of lupe.

I truly hate u niggas

I hate u lupe nerd niggas lol

"You guys really thought lupe was talkin about skateboarding when he was talkin about skateboarding?" foh nigga

Shit was corny then and shit was corny now.

and lol @ niggas thinkin wayne went out and began skateboarding because of lupe.

I truly hate u niggas
how else do you explain it brah? No black prominent people were skateboarding prior to lupe

and rapping about skateboarding was a double entendre tho

Back