Welcome To aBlackWeb

Ludacris faces backlash for racially tone deaf movie

I don't know whether I might found the news about this movie naive, tone deaf, implicitly offensive as it somehow dives into the Uncle Tom cliché, or plain silly cute to see Ludacris raising the secret son of Matt Damon when every black parent want now raising Dion.

I mean, why not raising Dion?

Eh... I’m more upset that they thought they can pull off this kind of movie in this kind of climate with that kind of actor. I wouldn’t dispute that things like this happen in real life but I can’t see it being translated well into film at all.

Not wrong. It might had passed well about ten years ago, when Obama meant the highest shit and get Will Smith or Sam L. Jackson playing that kind of role as usual.

Everyone hates Ludacris since he backed up teenage era Justin Bieber.

sounds like a stupid movie, thats it for me

I do..... i wont be watching this movie

I didnt like "The Green book" for doing that, even tho its a decent film

outside of that im not really putting energy into boycotting or denouncing a movie

Likewise.

And it definitely isn't negros responsibility to change em

Right?

If we're living in an epoch where medias and arts fustigates us with the narrative that women aren't meant to save men neither to change them (unless you are an attractive Amazonian demigoddess. You got the "Pixie Girl Savioress VIP pass" when you are dark, tall and got legs as well as brains and super-strength) then why these same mediums are still so entitled to coax such narrative around peoples of color, in particuliar black people??

Not even shitting on Luda or this movie.

But this trope in story telling has been done to death. Idk why people thinking the becoming over friendly with a person that hates you and eventually letting your love for him destroy his hate for you is a good story. Never understood it.

Stockholm Syndrome narrative.

No wonder why black Americans accuses white medias and arts to coerce their fellow men into getting feminized. In some way, pulling that both commercial and political white agenda into the minds of their victims sounds logical when white society rationalizes things from a patriarchal viewpoint and think enforcing subliminal gender roles to a segment of one's oppressed population may help to quench them from any imaginary thirst for racial revenge and reparations these maniacs are picturing about that community for generations.

Back