Welcome To aBlackWeb

Ludacris faces backlash for racially tone deaf movie

The people in the op aren't making fun(except for the quip about big hands) they're outraged
They said call the movie "Ludacris" thats funny. Most of them are memes and gifs. Im sure some are outraged, most are not. Just think its a dumbass movie.

I read up on the dude and his story. It’s interesting. Long story short his mom gave him up after years of abuse from his dad. Dude actually tried to stab his dad cuz he was beating his mom. He went into foster care with that interracial couple when he was real little. Grew up and became a BMX star overseas.

Can already tell this movie gonna be ass tho cuz in real life this happened in Scotland. The movie is set in California. In real life he was probably 7 when he was adopted. In the movie I guess he supposed to be a teenager but dude playing him look like a grown ass man. It’s been delayed cuz I guess it was supposed to come out in 2018. Nothing to see here, move on.

i mean do y’all ever grow weary of supporting narratives that make the perpetrators look like the victim?

ever? cause i am!

also in the age of trumpism, proud boys and klansmen posing as a cops, why tf would anyone think this is a good idea???

it reduces racism to just catty misunderstandings, when racism is so much more complex, violent and ongoing.

“wait and see what happens”

is yalls go to with everything, and exactly why we cant get ahead
That and slave movies sick of all that shit.

its a foreign role they gave to a rapper/actor who's last movie was shit

idk the more i look into it, this shit is some bs lmao

i mean do y’all ever grow weary of supporting narratives that make the perpetrators look like the victim?

ever? cause i am!

also in the age of trumpism, proud boys and klansmen posing as a cops, why tf would anyone think this is a good idea???

it reduces racism to just catty misunderstandings, when racism is so much more complex, violent and ongoing.

“wait and see what happens”

is yalls go to with everything, and exactly why we cant get ahead
DF kinda nonsense are you talking about? Stop being so hard on wealthy blacks, they have it the hardest out of all of us and we have no idea of the burdens they carry from being rich and or famous. Not to mention tons of progress and changes have been made recently, through their hard fought efforts in meetings and phone calls. I mean, The Weekend is performing at the SuperBowl!! Is that not black excellence/progress? They're only a few people with a lot of resource's, theres only so much they can do!

And of course we have to wait and see. Asking too many questions and being skeptical of a press release is some hater shit.

Sure we could hold things to a high standard and boycott things till we really get progress, but thats mad work and an inconvenience. Nobody got time for that. Our valuable time is better spent watching our fav sports teams, scrolling through ig & watching youtube conspiracy videos.

/s

DF kinda nonsense are you talking about? Stop being so hard on wealthy blacks, they have it the hardest out of all of us and we have no idea of the burdens they carry from being rich and or famous. Not to mention tons of progress and changes have been made recently, through their hard fought efforts in meetings and phone calls. I mean, The Weekend is performing at the SuperBowl!! Is that not black excellence/progress? They're only a few people with a lot of resource's, theres only so much they can do!

are you on drugs?

Back