Welcome To aBlackWeb

Ludacris faces backlash for racially tone deaf movie

Not even shitting on Luda or this movie.

But this trope in story telling has been done to death. Idk why people thinking the becoming over friendly with a person that hates you and eventually letting your love for him destroy his hate for you is a good story. Never understood it.

It's a true story so I'm not annoyed as if they just made this shit up out of thin air but the narrative that if you're nice enough to racists it will change their heart is just fucking dumb and I cant believe nobody around Ludacris told him how stupid this is. This is a movie version of that LL Cool J song he got clowned for talking about "please mr white man"

It's a true story so I'm not annoyed as if they just made this shit up out of thin air but the narrative that if you're nice enough to racists it will change their heart is just fucking dumb and I cant believe nobody around Ludacris told him how stupid this is. This is a movie version of that LL Cool J song he got clowned for talking about "please mr white man"
"Accidental racist"

????? @ pls mr white man

Basically the movie version of this
View attachment 398630
They hugged and the Judge was crying like, they just got the news someone close to them was murdered by a random person, while he was sitting in his apartment minding his own business.

Lisa's wife is African I believe. He got his citizenship in whatever country she's from now too. I remember reading about it
Also heard they gave him a dual citizenship as purely a good PR move to get tourist dollars. Cuz the country doesn't even offer dual citizenship.

i mean do y’all ever grow weary of supporting narratives that make the perpetrators look like the victim?

ever? cause i am!

also in the age of trumpism, proud boys and klansmen posing as a cops, why tf would anyone think this is a good idea???

it reduces racism to just catty misunderstandings, when racism is so much more complex, violent and ongoing.

“wait and see what happens”

is yalls go to with everything, and exactly why we cant get ahead
Shit ahead where? In this country? Even if they look us out, that means there's an elevation for them somewhere

I think the problem with these projects is that the people behind them think they will open the eyes of the racists. They don't see the other side that some on here have already mentioned. They don't get that you can't defeat real racism with an after school special flick.

I don't think Luda was the best actor for this film.

Mainly because he doesn't look old enough for the part.

It would've been better if somebody like Denzel or Morgan Freeman played the foster father.

"We need more representation in films and TV shows"

*movies and shows gets made where main character(s) is black*

"WHO ASKED FOR THIS!"

Smh @ the never satisfied crowd

"We need more representation in films and TV shows"

*movies and shows gets made where main character(s) is black*

"WHO ASKED FOR THIS!"

Smh @ the never satisfied crowd

lol sarcasm cuz I’m sure you ain’t saying just because a black person is in a non threatening role that stuff like this isn’t harmful. Main character being black don’t mean it’s gets to slide

lol sarcasm cuz I’m sure you ain’t saying just because a black person is in a non threatening role that stuff like this isn’t harmful. Main character being black don’t mean it’s gets to slide

200.gif

Back