Welcome To aBlackWeb

Ludacris faces backlash for racially tone deaf movie

Not even shitting on Luda or this movie.

But this trope in story telling has been done to death. Idk why people thinking the becoming over friendly with a person that hates you and eventually letting your love for him destroy his hate for you is a good story. Never understood it.

Eh... I’m more upset that they thought they can pull off this kind of movie in this kind of climate with that kind of actor. I wouldn’t dispute that things like this happen in real life but I can’t see it being translated well into film at all.

Last edited:
i mean do y’all ever grow weary of supporting narratives that make the perpetrators look like the victim?

ever? cause i am!

also in the age of trumpism, proud boys and klansmen posing as a cops, why tf would anyone think this is a good idea???

it reduces racism to just catty misunderstandings, when racism is so much more complex, violent and ongoing.

“wait and see what happens”

is yalls go to with everything, and exactly why we cant get ahead

i mean do y’all ever grow weary of supporting narratives that make the perpetrators look like the victim?

ever? cause i am!

also in the age of trumpism, proud boys and klansmen posing as a cops, why tf would anyone think this is a good idea???

it reduces racism to just catty misunderstandings, when racism is so much more complex, violent and ongoing.

“wait and see what happens”

is yalls go to with everything, and exactly why we cant get ahead

I don't watch any of these movies. I think they are all stupid. I just don't support tearing down an actor because he chooses to be in one.

And whether people like it or not, it is true that a lot of these racists are indoctrinated. They aren't victims, but they also didn't come out of the womb believing the bullshit that they do.

sounds like a stupid movie, thats it for me

ever? cause i am!

I do..... i wont be watching this movie

I didnt like "The Green book" for doing that, even tho its a decent film

outside of that im not really putting energy into boycotting or denouncing a movie

Back