Welcome To aBlackWeb

Wild episode. I don't know where this is all heading but I'm asking for the ride.

1600105846289.png
1600105975160.png
1600106123861.png
1600106185399.png
See the source image

Whites and Blacks alike don't understand Jim Crow status on a small scale. I don't think we are at the point as a culture where we can start retelling these stories from a lens designed to mock or entertain.

Why don't people think critically about what they consume?

Jordan peele has some very lopsided views on race. Just revisit the things he's said on Key and Peele. I don't think he's in the position to retell our stories.

Nigga is cashing out big on racial issues that still plague society and it's exploitative as fuck

I'm certain next year he'I'll do a sci-fi series on chattel slavery and niggas will call it groundbreaking lol

I mean Jim Crow laws/policies are still alive and well today. Maybe we should tackle that first...

If you want to watch a Jim Crow horror series go watch 13th or The Black power mixtape or Eyes on the prize.

Jim Crow in itself is a horror series. TF lmao

:pause:

Lovecraftian and gothic style horror can be interesting. If this shit is light on the actual horror and heavy on the social commentary, it might be a no for me.

This show started off weird and confusing, but in an entertaining and interesting way. The previous ep was trash as well. If the next one ain't hittin, I might bow out early.

If it wasn't the beaucoup battymanity throughout the episode
The people breaking out of crackas bodies would've been disgusting enough lol

One of the times ruby broke out of the old beckys body and she was there just chilling whole time I'm screaming at the tv like bitch go take a damn shower mann
Sitting there with blood and guts all over her

Not enough to fuck up my experience but still

Show has been great and its entertaining me.

Last nights episode was a bit much

but this show still has my attention

and the balance of interjecting real atrocities and horrors along with the sci-fi horror has been good imo

has started a lot of convos

have been in a lot of “wait that really happened?” discussions with white and black folks

Ayo, what was up with the Police Chief body? NH. Dude had a black torso with white arms and head.
Looked like tats but then it looked like something else when the camera was closer

Back