Welcome To aBlackWeb

Goldie

I Just Want Some Chips
Site Owner
Last week we reported that Jordan Peele signed a first look deal with Universal Pictures, well he’s not done capitalizing off the major success of his blockbuster film “Get Out”. He has now partnered up with HBO to create a horror series about the Jim Crow Era, which I’m sure will leave people talking about it for weeks. According to reports the series will be based on the Matt Ruff novel Lovecraft Country, which is about a road trip through the south during the 1950s. No word on when it will be releasing but I’m sure it’ll be a great talk piece.

1707850763704.png

kingsley-gif.gif

Fucc it, imma check it out.

Gotta support the brotha if he's gettin these major opportunities from wHiteOLLYWOOD.

Lawd knows they be reluctant to do that.

Fucc it, imma check it out.

Gotta support the brotha if he's gettin these major opportunities from wHiteOLLYWOOD.

Lawd knows they be reluctant to do that.
They're much less reluctant cause he's half white and he has made that a point his whole career. White wife helps. They know he won't make them look that bad and they'll make money in the process.

i dont think its unnecessary at all

a LOT of people dont know about Jim Crow or arent as knowledgeable

as long as its done in good tastes and actually spreads information about the era, i have no issues with this

And a parody or retelling of the story through a hypothetical lens isn't going to make them knowledgeable whatsoever

That's why we have books ... READ THEM.

Whites and Blacks alike don't understand Jim Crow status on a small scale. I don't think we are at the point as a culture where we can start retelling these stories from a lens designed to mock or entertain.

Why don't people think critically about what they consume?

Jordan peele has some very lopsided views on race. Just revisit the things he's said on Key and Peele. I don't think he's in the position to retell our stories.

Nigga is cashing out big on racial issues that still plague society and it's exploitative as fuck

I'm certain next year he'I'll do a sci-fi series on chattel slavery and niggas will call it groundbreaking lol

I mean Jim Crow laws/policies are still alive and well today. Maybe we should tackle that first...

If you want to watch a Jim Crow horror series go watch 13th or The Black power mixtape or Eyes on the prize.

Jim Crow in itself is a horror series. TF lmao

I mean isnt the Klan burning your house down and killing relatives horrible enough? Is he going to add vampires? I dont see how this will work or why its going to be made.

Whites and Blacks alike don't understand Jim Crow status on a small scale. I don't think we are at the point as a culture where we can start retelling these stories from a lens designed to mock or entertain.

Why don't people think critically about what they consume?

Jordan peele has some very lopsided views on race. Just revisit the things he's said on Key and Peele. I don't think he's in the position to retell our stories.

Nigga is cashing out big on racial issues that still plague society and it's exploitative as fuck

I'm certain next year he'I'll do a sci-fi series on chattel slavery and niggas will call it groundbreaking lol

I mean Jim Crow laws/policies are still alive and well today. Maybe we should tackle that first...

If you want to watch a Jim Crow horror series go watch 13th or The Black power mixtape or Eyes on the prize.

Jim Crow in itself is a horror series. TF lmao

would you feel better if he did a documentary regarding this?

i think dude mad artistic, he has a very good sense of satire, and has found a way to push it into the horror genre...i love it.....i plan on taking notes, cuz this is right up my alley forreal....i love shit like this...

he could possibly make it to my current favorite people if he pulls this shitoff in a entertaining and signifigant way....

• Ether
Reactions: NAS
Back