Welcome To aBlackWeb

This episode...
mb.gif

Only thing I will say...someone brought to my attention how William and ole girl was never in the same room. That they maybe was the same people...they was right af.

• Ether
Reactions: GNS
Have to say the gay shit felt like I was watching a different show.
Dude commits a major plot twist and instead they focus on him being in the closet.
Wasn't anything Lovecraftian about any of that.

Aside from that strange part, everything else was cool.

I don't know what it is about HBO, but almost every show I've ever watched on there (Oz, Wire, True Blood, Game of Thrones, etc...) shoehorns that stuff in somehow some way. The only exception I can think of is Boardwalk Empire.

I don't know what it is about HBO, but almost every show I've ever watched on there (Oz, Wire, True Blood, Game of Thrones, etc...) shoehorns that stuff in somehow some way. The only exception I can think of is Boardwalk Empire.
Someone mentioned that to me when I was wondering wtf was going on.
They said "what did you expect its hbo"
Prolly got a top executive(s) there that won't greenlight shit unless man sex is in it

tenor.gif

I mean I agree that I didn't wanna see the gay stuff and that it was a bit much in the last episode..

but yall been talking about it for like 2 pages when there's alotta other shit that happened in the show outside of maybe the 10 minutes total that was on some other shit lol out of a 60 minute show

Wild ass episode.

Ruby started switching up quick on Tamara when she heard that she had less qualifications than her but still got the department store job.

Also that nigga Michael K. Williams is gay lol can't convince me otherwise. It kind of seemed like he was breaking the 4th wall in that scene at the club like the character Montrose and the actor Michael were accepting their sexuality at the same time.

Overall this was another great episode. Can't wait for the next episode.

Another great episode from Mr Jordan peele himself. This episode was deep and it show how white people know our weakness and use them against us. They knew about Ruby's insecurities and use them to get what they wanted from her. To showing how the grass is not always so green on the other side. Makes me wonder how many black people dream about being able to go on ther other side.

Another thing, why in the hell are they doing playing that bum ass bitch Cardi b music on this show for. Just like someone else had mentioned that this is HBO so just expect the fuckery to be on their shows, but it seem like this is purposefully done because I'm like why would they put this kind of music on a show like this. Let alone the music didn't even match the time era to.

Last edited:
This show hurted when George died early in the season. Montrose replacing him just been him further screwing over Tic and Leti while George really was a walking set of knowledge for them. Episode 5 was the weakest for me and felt like it written for thinkpiece/new blacks. The music choices were finally annoying me and the editing made my eyes hurt.

How does a dark skin woman like Ruby go relatively unscathed pretending to be a white woman? Especially if you outed yourself with a white manager who been clearly abusing the only black woman working at the department store. I hope they cover it next week. I really hate how the writers turned her story into a tragic mammy figure.

Michael K williams been at least 5 gay characters. Omar,some show Hap and Leonard,A gay vet in some shit,some gay as skit on a Jim Norton intro to his stand up,and now this.

He needs to live his truth.

That's not the type of love I thought they meant.

That spit shit was graphic.my god

I been meant to come here,but been caught up.

This show fire though

Atticus a G.

Ruby not only got smashed by a dude who made her question and change her race,now she gotta question her sexuality.

Show is like an adult Goosebumps mixed with a bunch of other shit.

Got that watchmen feel.

This show hurted when George died early in the season. Montrose replacing him just been him further screwing over Tic and Leti while George really was a walking set of knowledge for them. Episode 5 was the weakest for me and felt like it written for thinkpiece/new blacks. The music choices were finally annoying me and the editing made my eyes hurt.

How does a dark skin woman like Ruby go relatively unscathed pretending to be a white woman? Especially if you outed yourself with a white manager who been clearly abusing the only black woman working at the department store. I hope they cover it next week. I really hate how the writers turned her story into a tragic mammy figure.

What do you mean unscathed? Only one person knew about the transformation. So of course she'd go unscathed. How was other wypipo suppose to know she was literally rocking a whyte skin?

And how's the white manager gonna explain that to folks...

"My asst. manager tied my hands, gagged me, and tricked me into thinkin she was gonna let me fucc her. But then all of sudden she transformed into this n****r bitch and violently sodomized me wit her heel"

...LOL!! They'll throw his azzz in the looney bin b4 believing that. I don't get the whole mammy figure you're talkin about. If you're referring to her doin that serving shyt...technically that was undercover work. How else was she suppose to infiltrate that all whyte Anglo Saxon males only party?

Didn't Michael K Williams say he had been with men before on The breakfast club years ago? The gay scenes be funny to me because they just so random and then I know what the reactions here will be.

I don’t care for the homosexual acts either, but let’s not act like every sex scene doesn’t happen randomly and can’t be left out to move the story along. Sex scenes are only there to satisfy our perverted minds and homosexuals that watch the show have perverted minds too.

I’ll never understand how heterosexual people care so much about homosexuality they harp on it so much. Like @Inori said, 10% of the episode gets 90% of the discussion.

That aside, great episode and a lot more to figure out. What’s up with the black torso white man? I think he’s on some Get Out shit. What is that thing placed in his drawer by Ruby going to do? What’s up with the South Korean lady and is she magic too? What’s their story together?

Back