Welcome To aBlackWeb

Lost my lil bro in a car accident last night...

Ok... so I know I said my last update was gonna be the last, because I don’t like being that self involved and putting personal biz on the internet... but this saga has taken a turn for the surreal, and I think I’m gonna have to be updating this multiple times after this.

Kind of a long story so bear with me.

So y’all know... we laid my lil bro to rest in mid January. And I’ve been doing ok besides one day in February, which happened to be his birthday. I took the day off and visited his grave, and talked to him a lil bit. Afterwards I was pretty much in shambles that whole day. But I’ve been able to get back on track.

I try to talk to moms as much as I can, almost every day, I make sure to reach out to her because obviously she took it harder than anyone.

But yesterday she called me first... which is not uncommon but on Sundays I usually call first. She said she had gotten a call from Florida Highway Patrol. She lives here in California so obviously it had something to do with my brother. She pick up, and they tell her they reopened the investigation into the accident.

The initial investigation said my brother, who was leaving the gym, had pulled out too far of the driveway and didn’t look to see car that eventually hit him. This car was going about 85mph, which is excessive but it wasn’t a residential street so it wasn’t unbelievable that an accident like that could happen here.

We all thought, it was just a terrible situation and my brother’s mistake cost him his life. But after the initial police left the scene they had other investigators there where the street was basically closed off, and they were there until basically the next morning. Talking to witness, reviewing tape recorded by the CVS where his car ended up, checking the street for skid marks, etc...

So like I said, here we are 2 months later and FHP is calling my mom. They asked if she had been in contact with my brother’s wife lately. They’ve been trying to get in contact to tell her what they found, but she won’t return any calls.

Mom’s called his wife to see what was up, and she pretty much played dumb, saying she didn’t know it was them. But of course she know it’s them, they show up on caller ID.

Weird. You’d think if anyone would want to know what they had to say it’d be his widow...But aight. So moms tell her to call them back and yadda yadda .

Few hours later FHP call moms back and asked about if she knew if my brother had enemies and also that his wife’s behavior is a “bit irregular” and so they felt that from that point on, all details on this new investigation would go straight to her, and my father down in Texas.

And that based on witness statements, video evidence, and the suspicious lack of skid marks that would signal that the car that hit my brother at least tried to stop... and the fact that it wasn’t a 2 car accident like we all thought, there were actually FOUR cars involved in total... the FHP have now declared this a HOMICIDE investigation.

Fucking HOMICIDE. On Christmas Eve. I wish I was making this up.

The lady in the car that hit my brother is not cooperating, and lawyered up. Which is completely expected. But now we find out my brother’s wife has been directing all the calls from FHP to a lawyer she hired, despite the fact that they haven’t even told her the investigation has been reopened, let alone as a homicide.

I do not want to jump the gun here, but it don’t look good y’all. That rifle in my closet is callin to me and I got about a month and a half worth of leave banked, that I could use to make a trip down to Florida. And I’m seriously considering it.
A lot of us known you since the IC days So it’s no reason to apologize about getting things off your chest, especially about your lost. I know it’s hard to do after getting the update about what happened, but leave the rifle in the closet. Your mom and the rest of your family needs you right now.

did he have a large policy? how was she as a wife? any prior suspicions?

Ok literally just had a talk with my mom, because now we going back and thinking up all the things that could be suspicious.

And yes there has been some straight up lies about his insurance policy that we kinda just glossed over because we were mourning.

His wife claimed that he only had accidental death insurance, which would pay out only $35k.

Now obviously that’s dumb, he was a branch manager, if he got the accidental death insurance then of course he got the base insurance. We let it go because we didn’t wanna have to wait possibly months to bring him back to LA to bury him because all the mortuaries were backed up because of COVID deaths, so we all chipped and paid out of pocket, with the understanding that she would pay us back down the road when that check came in.

But apparently he does have the full base coverage, but I don’t know for how much. At the very least, even if she ain’t involved in what happened, this bitch trying to pull a fast one, with this insurance.

Also, they both go to this gym together, but it just so happens that this time they took separate cars, and she had left the gym early.

This lookin wild sus.. I cannot believe this is really bout to play out like a forensic files episode, about my little brother.

I really don’t know how to process this. I guess that’s why I’m here.

A lot of us known you since the IC days So it’s no reason to apologize about getting things off your chest, especially about your lost. I know it’s hard to do after getting the update about what happened, but leave the rifle in the closet. Your mom and the rest of your family needs you right now.

You right, my mom said the same thing and she told me to not even tell my cousins who we grew up with like brothers because she know they the type that’s on GO time at all times and if I said we roll in out to Florida to handle some shit, they in the car no questions asked.

And We ain’t told my lil sister all this yet either. Right now it’s just me, moms, pops and maybe my older brother, and my step brother who works for a law firm and was handling all the insurance stuff, which is how we found out about the life insurance policy.

This is crazy man.

Yea

I don't think anyone could tell you how to feel right now

but I'll jus say be careful w/ sum of your thoughts you post on here

don't want nothin to come back

The threats I made, I didn’t intend to “get away” with it if I followed through, so it is what it is...

But everybody talking me off that ledge anyway. And then just seeing my own kids and having to think of them losing me as well as their uncle sobered me up enough.

can’t say how I’ll react if this turn out to be what it’s looking like, but by that point police will have that handled before I even get a chance, anyway.

Ok literally just had a talk with my mom, because now we going back and thinking up all the things that could be suspicious.

And yes there has been some straight up lies about his insurance policy that we kinda just glossed over because we were mourning.

His wife claimed that he only had accidental death insurance, which would pay out only $35k.

Now obviously that’s dumb, he was a branch manager, if he got the accidental death insurance then of course he got the base insurance. We let it go because we didn’t wanna have to wait possibly months to bring him back to LA to bury him because all the mortuaries were backed up because of COVID deaths, so we all chipped and paid out of pocket, with the understanding that she would pay us back down the road when that check came in.

But apparently he does have the full base coverage, but I don’t know for how much. At the very least, even if she ain’t involved in what happened, this bitch trying to pull a fast one, with this insurance.

Also, they both go to this gym together, but it just so happens that this time they took separate cars, and she had left the gym early.

This lookin wild sus.. I cannot believe this is really bout to play out like a forensic files episode, about my little brother.

yeah that sounds fishy as hell. smh

Im going to pray its not the worst. I am wishing you peace always and in all ways

Ok... so I know I said my last update was gonna be the last, because I don’t like being that self involved and putting personal biz on the internet... but this saga has taken a turn for the surreal, and I think I’m gonna have to be updating this multiple times after this.

Kind of a long story so bear with me.

So y’all know... we laid my lil bro to rest in mid January. And I’ve been doing ok besides one day in February, which happened to be his birthday. I took the day off and visited his grave, and talked to him a lil bit. Afterwards I was pretty much in shambles that whole day. But I’ve been able to get back on track.

I try to talk to moms as much as I can, almost every day, I make sure to reach out to her because obviously she took it harder than anyone.

But yesterday she called me first... which is not uncommon but on Sundays I usually call first. She said she had gotten a call from Florida Highway Patrol. She lives here in California so obviously it had something to do with my brother. She pick up, and they tell her they reopened the investigation into the accident.

The initial investigation said my brother, who was leaving the gym, had pulled out too far of the driveway and didn’t look to see car that eventually hit him. This car was going about 85mph, which is excessive but it wasn’t a residential street so it wasn’t unbelievable that an accident like that could happen here.

We all thought, it was just a terrible situation and my brother’s mistake cost him his life. But after the initial police left the scene they had other investigators there where the street was basically closed off, and they were there until basically the next morning. Talking to witness, reviewing tape recorded by the CVS where his car ended up, checking the street for skid marks, etc...

So like I said, here we are 2 months later and FHP is calling my mom. They asked if she had been in contact with my brother’s wife lately. They’ve been trying to get in contact to tell her what they found, but she won’t return any calls.

Mom’s called his wife to see what was up, and she pretty much played dumb, saying she didn’t know it was them. But of course she know it’s them, they show up on caller ID.

Weird. You’d think if anyone would want to know what they had to say it’d be his widow...But aight. So moms tell her to call them back and yadda yadda .

Few hours later FHP call moms back and asked about if she knew if my brother had enemies and also that his wife’s behavior is a “bit irregular” and so they felt that from that point on, all details on this new investigation would go straight to her, and my father down in Texas.

And that based on witness statements, video evidence, and the suspicious lack of skid marks that would signal that the car that hit my brother at least tried to stop... and the fact that it wasn’t a 2 car accident like we all thought, there were actually FOUR cars involved in total... the FHP have now declared this a HOMICIDE investigation.

Fucking HOMICIDE. On Christmas Eve. I wish I was making this up.

The lady in the car that hit my brother is not cooperating, and lawyered up. Which is completely expected. But now we find out my brother’s wife has been directing all the calls from FHP to a lawyer she hired, despite the fact that they haven’t even told her the investigation has been reopened, let alone as a homicide.

I do not want to jump the gun here, but it don’t look good y’all. That rifle in my closet is callin to me and I got about a month and a half worth of leave banked, that I could use to make a trip down to Florida. And I’m seriously considering it.
Damn bro I'm sorry to hear that. I'm not gonna lie but I would have murder on my mind if someone intentionally tried to kill my family. Not saying do anything because there's no coming back from it but it would most definitely be on the table. With that said let the police do their job and stay on their ass going forward.

Smh at the wife how you not answering calls and now lawyered up. She looks guilty as hell and also stupid as hell. Nonetheless keep your head up and be a rock for your mom bro

First let the popos do their job before u react then get away for a Lil bit to reset

The threats I made, I didn’t intend to “get away” with it if I followed through, so it is what it is...

But everybody talking me off that ledge anyway. And then just seeing my own kids and having to think of them losing me as well as their uncle sobered me up enough.

can’t say how I’ll react if this turn out to be what it’s looking like, but by that point police will have that handled before I even get a chance, anyway.

real shit bruh, my heart goes out to you & your fam

jus don't wanna see you crash out

I am crying for your loss.

I know what you are living. I know exactly what you are living right now.

Please, stay calm. For now. Don't let the call overcome you.

Haven’t updated this in a while, and I last left off it in a real dark space.

just wanna once again thank everybody for the kind words and everything.

So… anyway to get right down to it. I can’t post any particulars but a couple months back, my mom ended up filing a lawsuit against the city of Saint Petersburg, Florida and their Police Department. And they’ve decided to settle…

For $8 million dollars. Now obviously there are some conflicting emotions here. My mom is finally getting the closure she definitely needed. And $8 million is $8 million (minus taxes and lawyers fees of course).

This feels like some nasty shit to celebrate, and I’d rather have my little brother back, but also I’m happy for my mom that she can retire early and do what she loves to do… which is travel.

Also I gotta apologize to my sister in law, (even though I know she didn’t and won’t read this thread) because I was on some other shit. I’m not privy to the case and the details, but from what I gather… Saint Petersburg pigs purposely tried to manipulate some shit making it look like a bunch of other shit, when really they just didn’t do their fucking jobs.

Hence the $8milly. Nasty nasty shit. But like it say in Proverbs

“…the wealth of the sinner is laid up for the just.”

Anyway. I guess this is sort of a happy ending to this tragedy.

It’s still “FUCK 1x” all day. Even more so now that I personally see just how low down and grimey they can be.

ACAB and all that.

So… anyway to get right down to it. I can’t post any particulars but a couple months back, my mom ended up filing a lawsuit against the city of Saint Petersburg, Florida and their Police Department. And they’ve decided to settle…

For $8 million dollars. Now obviously there are some conflicting emotions here. My mom is finally getting the closure she definitely needed. And $8 million is $8 million (minus taxes and lawyers fees of course).

This feels like some nasty shit to celebrate, and I’d rather have my little brother back, but also I’m happy for my mom that she can retire early and do what she loves to do… which is travel.

Also I gotta apologize to my sister in law, (even though I know she didn’t and won’t read this thread) because I was on some other shit. I’m not privy to the case and the details, but from what I gather… Saint Petersburg pigs purposely tried to manipulate some shit making it look like a bunch of other shit, when really they just didn’t do their fucking jobs.

It’s still “FUCK 1x” all day. Even more so now that I personally see just how low down and grimey they can be.

ACAB and all that.

Damn that shit crazy.

Glad shit wasnt how it was looking.

Glad your fam finally got closure and peace.

Damn bruh. I'm glad your mama got FINANCIAL justice. I just hate the fact it came at price of losing ya brother. Kinda bitter sweet. Take solice that your brother was able to still take care of yall...even in spirit.

And police wonder why folks feel the way we do towards them. Or why folks are saying "Defund the police". Smh.

Damn bruh. I'm glad your mama got FINANCIAL justice. I just hate the fact it came at price of losing ya brother. Kinda bitter sweet. Take solice that your brother was able to still take care of yall...even in spirit.

And police wonder why folks feel the way we do towards them. Or why folks are saying "Defund the police". Smh.

I should also add that the $8 million is what they’re offering to keep it out of court. Mom’s lawyer, being a lawyer, is still aiming for a higher number. The details must be pretty bad.

But Ill just consider this as doing our part defunding these trash ass people.

ACAB and all that.

Glad you and your family got some kind of resolution.

Back