Welcome To aBlackWeb

Lil Wayne vs 50 Cent Verzuz who do you think would win?

Who wins

• Total voters
Wayne is great. But he wasn't that dude for Cash Money or for the Hot Boyz. That's why had to reinvent himself.

Carter 2.5 Wayne is when he became a megastar that's when he went on the feature run and Carter 3 was the coronation. A lot of the superfriends era has aged horribly though. You pretty much gotta skip to the Drake era to get to Wayne's biggest hits.

And like I was arguing before that's all well and good but how many records you gonna trot out there that aint solely yours? He got hot boy records, he got stunting like his daddy records, he got super friends records, he got ym records, but unless he gonna bring all those folks out (and fuck it, he might) he gonna have to rely on just his solos at some point. That's where fif could snipe him. 1 on 1. 50 is a better performer than Wayne. Specifically this drugged out version.

Luda was a joke response. And TI aint got 20 hit records. You'd be into album cuts and street records after song 15. 50 got 20 plus hit records for a verzuz. He don't gotta play Heat or any of the bullshit yall kicking. He could just hit you over the head with 20 radio hits, most of which he's the only featured artist.

:niggawhat: .........where did @HellCzar mention anything about album sales in that post. lol

Like I said...........
giphy.gif
You talking about Wayne's run in comparison to 50s. And yet despite Wayne dropping 3 times as many albums he still has sold less records. You underestimating 50s reign is the point. He can pull 20 bona-fide hits and all the hate in the world don't change that.

Jay, obviously made a specific decision to stop making the same kind of music that he made, because he was trying to elevate his stock as a businessman. Why people acting like Wayne on a head to head matchup is miles better? He gotta help jump 50 to leap over him.

That’s a microcosm of his career, his mixtapes was legendary because he was grifting off of people songs to raise his stock.

Wayne is great. But he wasn't that dude for Cash Money or for the Hot Boyz. That's why had to reinvent himself.

Carter 2.5 Wayne is when he became a megastar that's when he went on the feature run and Carter 3 was the coronation. A lot of the superfriends era has aged horribly though. You pretty much gotta skip to the Drake era to get to Wayne's biggest hits.

And like I was arguing before that's all well and good but how many records you gonna trot out there that aint solely yours? He got hot boy records, he got stunting like his daddy records, he got super friends records, he got ym records, but unless he gonna bring all those folks out (and fuck it, he might) he gonna have to rely on just his solos at some point. That's where fif could snipe him. 1 on 1. 50 is a better performer than Wayne. Specifically this drugged out version.

Luda was a joke response. And TI aint got 20 hit records. You'd be into album cuts and street records after song 15. 50 got 20 plus hit records for a verzuz. He don't gotta play Heat or any of the bullshit yall kicking. He could just hit you over the head with 20 radio hits, most of which he's the only featured artist.

Bruh you act like 50 got all this fire solo tracks his biggest songs gonna have Eminem and the game who were label mates. Then not even that let’s talk a loud the time frame Wayne was hot waaaaay longer. The Drama mixtapes are better than 50 cmon

You talking about Wayne's run in comparison to 50s. And yet despite Wayne dropping 3 times as many albums he still has sold less records. You underestimating 50s reign is the point. He can pull 20 bona-fide hits and all the hate in the world don't change that.

Fine I entertain this

Go look at album AND single sales for Wayne and 50. Then holla at me.

:hahaha:

1. In da club
  2. Wanksta
  3. 21 questions
  4. PIMP
  5. magic stick
  6. Hate it or Love it
  7. How we do
  8. On fire
  9. Stunt 101
  10. Many men
  11. Patiently Waiting
  12. Crack a bottle
  13. Just a lil bit
  14. I get money
  15. Hustlers ambition
  16. Candy shop
  17. Ayo technology
  18. The woo
  19. Down on me
  20. You don't know
With best friend, window shopper, outta control remix, the damn power intro, how to rob, whip your head, if I can't, baby by me, poppin them thangs, wanna get to know you etc. in case you gotta pivot and go another way. Although everyone of those songs listed went at least gold (save for patiently Waiting which wasn't a single---but Eminem 🤷🏾‍♂️) and all were top-40 hits.

So yeah.

“Me personally, I wouldn’t even do 50 vs. Wayne. They’re two different dynamics and two different artists,” said the megaproducer while at a screening event in Los Angeles for the last episode of the “Godfather of Harlem.” Although, unlike 50, Swizzy is not against seeing the G-Unit and Young Money head honchos duke it out with other artists.

“I would do a different Verzuz for both of them, but we’ll see, as we have a lot of things lined up for Verzuz,” added the nine-time Grammy nominee. “Hopefully, they are involved,” he teased about the impending return of the popular concert/battle event. “While I can’t give up who I would choose to go against them, just wait and see,” - SWIZZ

1. In da club
  2. Wanksta
  3. 21 questions
  4. PIMP
  5. magic stick
  6. Hate it or Love it
  7. How we do
  8. On fire
  9. Stunt 101
  10. Many men
  11. Patiently Waiting
  12. Crack a bottle
  13. Just a lil bit
  14. I get money
  15. Hustlers ambition
  16. Candy shop
  17. Ayo technology
  18. The woo
  19. Down on me
  20. You don't know
With best friend, window shopper, outta control remix, the damn power intro, how to rob, whip your head, if I can't, baby by me, poppin them thangs, wanna get to know you etc. in case you gotta pivot and go another way. Although everyone of those songs listed went at least gold (save for patiently Waiting which wasn't a single---but Eminem 🤷🏾‍♂️) and all were top-40 hits.

So yeah.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

1. In da club
  2. Wanksta
  3. 21 questions
  4. PIMP
  5. magic stick
  6. Hate it or Love it
  7. How we do
  8. On fire
  9. Stunt 101
  10. Many men
  11. Patiently Waiting
  12. Crack a bottle
  13. Just a lil bit
  14. I get money
  15. Hustlers ambition
  16. Candy shop
  17. Ayo technology
  18. The woo
  19. Down on me
  20. You don't know

So yeah.

So you saw all them single sales Wayne had and just decided to drop something that wasn't asked for...........
200w.gif

Fam

Real shit, why does ANY of this matters?

The point is to name 20 hits. Does it matter at what point in his career the hits happened?

Fam

Real shit, why does ANY of this matters?

The point is to name 20 hits. Does it matter at what point in his career the hits happened?
Cause Verzuz is a performance. And Wayne is either gonna have to share the stage a lot or he's gonna be performing his one part to A LOT of songs. Goldie jumped in here talmbout some back that azz up. They really think nigga bout to be on stage on some wobbly wobbly shit.

Point is 50 got at least 20 hits that can stand against damn near anybody. If it was a race to 50 yeah Wayne gonna beat him on volume of course. But Wayne out performing someone in this day and age and especially on his own? Not nearly the lopsided victory folks is portraying it as.

Oh so you just gonna skip over the sale shit that YOU brought up

ok....lol
I responded in order that the shit was posted.

There's not really a point in doing singles since Wayne wins that on volume alone. Like I don't even have to look that up is the point you're making right? We know that.

But the fact that 50 STILL has sold more records than Wayne kinda defeats your other point about 50's "little" run. Ain't shit little about it and for that reason he could easily compete in a verzuz with Wayne or really just about anybody.

Back