Welcome To aBlackWeb

Lil Boosie is catching heat for teaching his young sons how to be men very early "No Lil Nas X Here"

I been trying to explain to my girlfriend that this just Louisiana culture for some folks. Niggas in Louisiana different man. My family tried pulling that same shit on me and eventually my brother's forcing them have sex early and luckily we all was like nah we straight. You not fucking by 15 folks think you gay or a nerd.
This not Louisiana culture brah

My guy I swear you and @Thor must really been raised around nice areas man lol. I swear y'all be making Louisiana sound so progressive. Unless I'm the one that was around too much ignorant shit lol.
It's not that at all

It's a masculine issue within the black community that stems from insecurity, ignorance about sex, and peer pressure

This is anyville, USA and not restricted to Louisiana.

It's not even restricted to south baton rouge where he from.

I'll sum it by saying this, the era he grew up in and the era before is a bit different than this era and time.

This not a LA thing
Translation

It might've been accepted back then but niggas know better now and that shit don't fly

• Cap
Reactions: GNS
Translation

It might've been accepted back then but niggas know better now and that shit don't fly

I just think society is different and shame folks more quickly, I don't think it comes down to niggas know better now. Some people were raised different. Just my opinion. I don't wanna get bullied or cast in the fire of heathens but I just think society is PC and refuse to accept the way other folks realties are shaped when it doesn't fit theirs. I'm just having a discussion, looking to learn

Last edited:
It's not that at all

It's a masculine issue within the black community that stems from insecurity, ignorance about sex, and peer pressure

This is anyville, USA and not restricted to Louisiana.

It's not even restricted to south baton rouge where he from.

I have to disagree, I don't think this is a black community thing, when there was a time when a white boy would become a man once he's gotten with a black woman who happened to be a slave. Whether he had her through rape or at her will, which I doubt, The boy at times would be no younger than 16 and it usually would be setup by his dad or his dad friends of the town, and this went on even through the Jim Crow days

White kids' parents do just about as much as black kids parents do, even more when it comes to sex, drugs, etc. but that's another topic for maybe another day.

The movie "Blank Check" there's a scene where the main character who is like 12, white boy, kisses the under cover cop on the lips who is like 27 and, there was no outcry and most of us who watched that movie didn't think twice about it.

I just think society is different and shame folks more quickly, I don't think it comes down to a niggas know better now. Some people were raised different. Just my opinion. I don't wanna get bullied or cast in the fire of heathens but I just think society is PC and refuse to accept the way other folks realties are shaped when it doesn't fit theirs. I'm just having a discussion, looking to learn
You just proved my point

At one point, shit might've been acceptable because that was the behavior in his bubble of the world

Once you have different experiences and go through some things, your povs should shift along with those experiences

Just because it was the thing to do in high school when we were kids doesn't mean I would want my son to do those things

I have to disagree, I don't think this is a black community thing, when there was a time when a white boy would become a man once he's gotten with a black woman who happened to be a slave. Whether he had her through rape or at her will, which I doubt, The boy at times would be no younger than 16 and it usually would be setup by his dad or his dad friends of the town, and this went on even through the Jim Crow days

White kids do just about as much as black kids do, even more when it comes to sex, drugs, etc. but that's another topic for maybe another day

The movie "Blank Check" there's a scene where the main character who is like 12, white boy, kisses the under cover cop on the lips who is like 27 and, there was no outcry and most of us who watched that movie didn't think twice about it.
My comments weren't saying it was exclusive to the black community but it is an issue

I'm not speaking about what happens in white communities because that's not my experience.

And again, using your example, I bet you that movie, in it's original form doesn't get made today. And if it by some chance it was a reboot, you can bet that doesn't happen in today's climate

You just proved my point

At one point, shit might've been acceptable because that was the behavior in his bubble of the world

Once you have different experiences and go through some things, your povs should shift along with those experiences

Just because it was the thing to do in high school when we were kids doesn't mean I would want my son to do those things

I don't think it's a bubble thing. Do you think a Lil Smokey Robinson or a Young MJ wasn't introduced by those around them to older women when they were teens? I think it was Puffy who did a similar thing with Usher.

What different experiences that would allow your pov to shift? Could you explain or lay down some examples?

Nothing wrong with that, just because you don't want your son not to go through those things, how are you sitting up here throwing sticks on what was acceptable?

My comments weren't saying it was exclusive to the black community but it is an issue

I'm not speaking about what happens in white communities because that's not my experience.

And again, using your example, I bet you that movie, in it's original form doesn't get made today. And if it by some chance it was a reboot, you can bet that doesn't happen in today's climate

i hate when niggas do that sit..

WE tALKIN BOUT US

That movie wouldn't get made today because of how the modern era has place these imaginary moral codes that never existed. These codes have been made up when in fact it was whites who started this whole thing, that is the point I am making, let's check where it started from and why it seeped its way into the black community and why weren't these moral codes put in place then..

• Ether
Reactions: GNS

Would society of today accept Tracey Spencer's song Tender Kisses today?

I dunno if anyone saw that Hip Hop Evolution episode on Lousiana bounce music. But they did a deep dive into how the term 'twerk' came out New Orleans (whether you believe that or not), and how culturally, twerking, ass-shaking, etc, is just engrained in the culture. To the point that if the music comes on, you'll see people having their 2 and 3 year old kids shaking their ass, twerking, etc.

Seems like the hyper sexualization of children might be an off-shoot of that.

Just my 2 cents.

I dunno if anyone saw that Hip Hop Evolution episode on Lousiana bounce music. But they did a deep dive into how the term 'twerk' came out New Orleans (whether you believe that or not), and how culturally, twerking, ass-shaking, etc, is just engrained in the culture. To the point that if the music comes on, you'll see people having their 2 and 3 year old kids shaking their ass, twerking, etc.

Just my 2 cents.

When you see a 2 or 3 year old, you think they are twerking like a 20 year stripper? Your mind automatically goes to that?

That movie wouldn't get made today because of how the modern era has place these imaginary moral codes that never existed. These codes have been made up when in fact it was whites who started this whole thing, that is the point I am making, let's check where it started from and why it seeped its way into the black community and why weren't these moral codes put in place then..
Fam

I'm not even sure what you mean by some imaginary code.

At one point, it was legal to drive a car without a seatbelt. I legit remember this being a thing.

We have to wear seatbelts now. You gonna sit here and tell me that because there was a time that riding without a seatbelt was accepted that you're going to continue to drive your car today without wearing one?

Just my 2 cents.
So using this as an example, it might've been cool when I was coming up but I wouldn't want my children doing this today.

I don't even play certain music around my daughter. Like not even the radio version of a lot of songs.

Back