Welcome To aBlackWeb

Let’s Build (Vol2): Black Shopping Centers

Well ok how you remedy the problem? It seems like it based on lack of trust and not thinking our stuff is up to par or somebody else stuff is better. Folks will talk bad very quick. How are we supposed to make them see?

I’m gonna make a separate thread for the topic of “professionalism in black business “ , I think that deserves its own thread.

I haven’t done research on it, but if I was leading a project like this, I would look for investors and grant money to have a small shopping center built. I would already know what companies are gonna be leasing the units before it was built.

If that’s too ambitious then add a black business to an already existing shopping center 1 at a time. I think the former would be a better approach tho.

Capitol.
Location.
Investors.
Ego & pride

Many blacks with money would rather invest in something already going on in an area that already looks profitable.

Then on the occasion they do have a shopping center, it's normally in a crime ridden area with very little attention to upkeep.

Also it's tough to keep good tenants if you can't keep the area clean and safe. There's a black shopping center not too far from me, but that shit horrible. I've been there a few times cuz the market cheap, but shit like the snow will shut that whole shit down cuz they not tryna come outta pocket for removal.

Funny thing is, there prolly are a few nice "black owned" shopping centers... But they prolly no where where black people live. Most blacks with money don't wanna be around broke blacks

I remember we used to have them in Saginaw and Detroit. Black owned grocery store, tailor, clothes store, and a barber shop or beauty salon in one shopping center. Most of them are gone now. You might still have one or two businesses that didn't go out, but the rest are vacant.

Sad, 'cause these spots were in our neighborhoods serving those communities.

Capitol.
Location.
Investors.
Ego & pride

Many blacks with money would rather invest in something already going on in an area that already looks profitable.

Then on the occasion they do have a shopping center, it's normally in a crime ridden area with very little attention to upkeep.

Also it's tough to keep good tenants if you can't keep the area clean and safe. There's a black shopping center not too far from me, but that shit horrible. I've been there a few times cuz the market cheap, but shit like the snow will shut that whole shit down cuz they not tryna come outta pocket for removal.

Funny thing is, there prolly are a few nice "black owned" shopping centers... But they prolly no where where black people live. Most blacks with money don't wanna be around broke blacks
I got at least 5 threads coming up on the topic of “black people vs niggas”.

The same way we rightfully shame rapist and other sick fucks in our community, we have to start shaming niggas and nigga shit. They’re just as much of a detriment to our community as the racist mfs.

To keep the money in our community?

Currently, we make money and then give it right back. If we set it up to where we have our own grocery stores, cleaners, restaurants, pharmacies, etc.. the money we make will be put back into our community instead of there’s.

There’s no reason 99.9% of black beauty products stores are owned by Asians. That’s sad.
I feel you, but isn’t that still a money-based reason? I’m not saying group economics isn’t important or that money isn’t part of the motive, but what’s the reason outside of money or anything relative to that?

Example, we go to black barber shops why? Simply because we do it better.

If we’re going to be the ones owning and controlling a shopping center, let it be because of that or because of our service. We have to stop getting our entire sense of importance from money and material alone and more from our showing kindness and how we serve the greater good.

I got at least 5 threads coming up on the topic of “black people vs niggas”.

The same way we rightfully shame rapist and other sick fucks in our community, we have to start shaming niggas and nigga shit. They’re just as much of a detriment to our community as the racist mfs.
Preaching to the choir.. most the people who read these threads are the very least give a fuck.

They just don't have the resources to implement any real change

I feel you, but isn’t that still a money-based reason? I’m not saying group economics isn’t important or that money isn’t part of the motive, but what’s the reason outside of money or anything relative to that?

Example, we go to black barber shops why? Simply because we do it better.

If we’re going to be the ones owning and controlling a shopping center, let it be because of that or because of our service. We have to stop getting our entire sense of importance from money and material alone and more from our showing kindness and how we serve the greater good.

I see what you’re saying, but that’s the game we’re in whether we like it or not. Is the game fair? Of course not. But we’ve been sitting around complaining about the game not being fair for years. It’s time to get in the game.

Aside from niggas, black people are the most welcoming and kind hearted mfs, the love will be there. But right now, we have to focus on the game.

And even then look at the reactions.

I posted something a brother got going on... And niggaz like

"Lol at the price!"
" I can find this shit on YouTube!"

Niggaz wild b

I think we have to not forget the rampant discrimination that still exist in banking. So we are already at disadvantage before we even get to lack of community support.

That’s true, but I’m sure Enrique had resistance before opening up his taco spot, same as Dikembe from Ghana. But they figured it out.

Yes, our path is gonna be more difficult than most, but removing our defeatist mentality is imperative to moving forward.

Plus the a good business model is key ...

Lotta people wanna be "entrepreneurs" but not only do they lack business acumen, they don't have the patience to build a decent profit margin. If you invest your entire life savings into one business venture, that shit gotta make a profit or you're done.

Shit like that is way more common with black folks.

If they not making a profit right off the bat ... They just don't have the luxury of waiting to see how shit looks in the next quarter. Or the one after that. Let alone a bad year in the red. The shelf life is very short.

Especially if they wanna look the part.

You ever look at what those Asians drive and how they dress?

Then look at a black business owner and how they dress and drive. Business tanking and they look like a million bucks. While it look like immigrants right off the boat work at them other spots. And they prolly are, cuz I'm sure it's all family, nobody checking for credentials, and they getting paid way under the table.

That's a whole system that majority of the time is getting sorely neglected

It's also about building connections. You may know somebody that works at a bank or a real estate agent. Then they could set you up with a someone that works in the field that you want to open up a business in.

a good example is this website. Half these negros ain’t donate to this site. A site that they black asses be on every damn day owned by a black mf himself.

These niggas ain’t about community.

Then again they helped alot for my cheer team.

Thanks niggas !! 🤭🥰

Look at landscaping. Say you're running a landscaping company and you're growing. So you need more employees.

Would you

A. Go thru a entire interview process, background check, references, negotiate pay.

Or

B. Pull up to home Depot and beep twice.

Look at landscaping. Say you're running a landscaping company and your growing. So you need more employees.

Would you

A. Go thru a entire interview process, background check, references, negotiate pay.

Or

B. Pull up to home Depot and beep twice.
Speaking of this:

I was shopping around for a lawn company. I wanted a black person. They had the highest most ridiculous price but what I do? I paid it. Them mfs was so unreliable. I fired them. Looked around again, found another black dude, still higher than the Latinos. He half ass did the shit. Fired his ass. Called Hector and he was way cheaper and got shit done, no issue. Even went above and beyond.

I fired hector though because my neighbor black and he cuts my yard now.

I mean, the best way to get more business is to cut your prices.

You undercut the competition, you fuck around and take their business.

But pride and ego comes to play with niggaz who feel they're worth their price. THEN on top of what you said . The quality ain't even there.

But I bet you these niggaz fresh as shit

Speaking of this:

I was shopping around for a lawn company. I wanted a black person. They had the highest most ridiculous price but what I do? I paid it. Them mfs was so unreliable. I fired them. Looked around again, found another black dude, still higher than the Latinos. He half ass did the shit. Fired his ass. Called Hector and he was way cheaper and got shit done, no issue. Even went above and beyond.

I fired hector though because my neighbor black and he cuts my yard now.

That’s a big issue the Mexicans are doing better quality and fur some reason we playing. Like wtf

Back