Welcome To aBlackWeb

Let’s Build (Vol2): Black Shopping Centers

Goldie

and Baka's got a weird case, why is he around??
Site Owner
In my lifetime I’ve seen a bunch of Chinatown shopping centers, Latin shopping centers, African etc…..

Outside of one outlet spot in Maryland, that was ghetto af, I’ve never seen an African American shopping center.

Why is it that every other culture can do it, but we struggle to?

Lets put the obvious aside.

lets put what people try to ignore upfront
Some of us don't value community.. cohesion, or cooperation

All these thingscan and should exist in spite of ones socio economic status

Hyper-individualism some of us seem to live and die with this its never use to be that way

Last edited:
There’s a way it can be done.
We accomplish everything else we want to, there’s no reason to assume we can’t do the same here. But why SHOULD we have shopping centers? Besides money. For what reason should we be the ones owning/controlling a shopping center and not someone else? All we need is one good reason. If we need more than that then the answer is we don’t really want to do it.

There’s a way it can be done.
We accomplish everything else we want to, there’s no reason to assume we can’t do the same here. But why SHOULD we have shopping centers? Besides money. For what reason should we be the ones owning/controlling a shopping center and not someone else? All we need is one good reason. If we need more than that then the answer is we don’t really want to do it.

To keep the money in our community?

Currently, we make money and then give it right back. If we set it up to where we have our own grocery stores, cleaners, restaurants, pharmacies, etc.. the money we make will be put back into our community instead of there’s.

There’s no reason 99.9% of black beauty products stores are owned by Asians. That’s sad.

What does a black shopping center look like outside of a barbershop and beauty supply?

Regular stores just black owned or black owned stores catered to black people?

Last edited:
What does a black shopping center look like outside of a barbershop and beauty supply?

Regular stores just black owned or stores catered to black people?
Stores and businesses needed by people period that happen to be black owned and focused on growing black community.

Grocery store
Pharmacy
Restaurant
Car wash
Bank
Place to do taxes
Bakery
Etc

Any store you would normally see at any other shopping center.
Ahh okay because I think something a lot of people think about and do is box themselves in to catering solely to black people and while that’s cool sometimes the product or service might be too niche to survive in a storefront setting

Just wanted to know where your head was at but you pass!

sorry this is for black Americans only

See your way out
that-come-from-whoa.gif

I’ve watched Mexicans/Latinos go from selling shit out they trunk to owning a whole store because they Mexican/Latino family members and community supported them through it all.

Niggas complain about prices(some of them do be ridiculous) from other black folks and go find a cheaper person (usually not another black person) even if that means the quality takes a hit.

I’ve watched Mexicans/Latinos go from selling shit out they trunk to owning a whole store because they Mexican/Latino family members and community supported them through it all.

Niggas complain about prices(some of them do be ridiculous) from other black folks and go find a cheaper person (usually not another black person) even if that means the quality takes a hit
On some real shit niggas do be pricing their people out...

A small sacrifice for the bigger/long term win instead of greed and bleed

Franchise. Yea you can go to Mikes Corner store but if he sells it to 711 what can you do?

And I think location matters I don’t think it’s always as easy for us to get a lot of stuff cleared through starry and local governments as it looks.

Franchise. Yea you can go to Mikes Corner store but if he sells it to 711 what can you do?

And I think location matters I don’t think it’s always as easy for us to get a lot of stuff cleared through starry and local governments as it looks.

I’m calling 🧢. If these foreign mfs who can barely speak English can get it done, we can too. There’s no excuse for this shit. We’re the problem.

I’m calling 🧢. If these foreign mfs who can barely speak English can get it done, we can too. There’s no excuse for this shit. We’re the problem.

Well ok how you remedy the problem? It seems like it based on lack of trust and not thinking our stuff is up to par or somebody else stuff is better. Folks will talk bad very quick. How are we supposed to make them see?

Back