Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Legend or Vet: Jadakiss

Legend or Vet?

• Total voters

Jada in that Fab lane to me: he had all the weaponry but none of the It factor. Too Short got that nod over him because he transcends the Bay. Like dude said above, in NYC it was...

Local. It's a big locale, but homie is local. Ain't nobody outside of real hip hop circles can rap me one Jada bar--and that shit counts when you talk legendary. To be around 20+ years and the most anybody can say is, "Oh, that's dude from the Benjamins video, right?" Nah, homie. Take your feelings out of these things and it makes sense. He's a vet.

Nah.gif

You'll See
The Benjamins
We'll Always Love Big Poppa
Money Power Respect
Ryde Or Die
We Gonna Make It
Got It All
Double R What
Why
You Make Me Wanna
Made You Look Remix
2 Gunz Up
Checkmate
Banned From TV
24 Hours To Live
We Gonna Make It Remix
We Belong Together Remix
Niggas Done Started Something
Hot 97 Freestyle (Ma$e, Lox & Big)

^^^ That's a pretty strong playlist, although the vast majority of those songs are posse jams and/or collaborations.

I voted veteran. Even though I could listen to that playlist every day and not get sick of it, he didn't really bring anything new to the table. He just did what everybody else was doing, but he did it better. That doesn't make him a legend, it makes him a veteran.

Last edited:
That's a horrible analogy.

Nobody from Run-DMC made the list either. So they not legendary as well?

Not saying anybody who didn't make the list isn't a legend, i'm saying how can somebody who did make the list and was ranked pretty high NOT a legend.

Not saying anybody who didn't make the list isn't a legend, i'm saying how can somebody who did make the list and was ranked pretty high NOT a legend.

Because where you rank on a list of rappers doesn't equate to their legendary status or not, imo.

IE. Lupe was top 25, I thank, but besides AP & Judah most people didn't feel like he was a legend.

Being dope and having a good career doesn't automatically mean you are a legend. Talib Kweli is one of my favorites all time, and he has album(s) that are considered classic or great, Blackstarr & Quality, been in the game for 20+ years, but he's not a legend either.

Because where you rank on a list of rappers doesn't equate to their legendary status or not, imo.

IE. Lupe was top 25, I thank, but besides AP & Judah most people didn't feel like he was a legend.

Being dope and having a good career doesn't automatically mean you are a legend. Talib Kweli is one of my favorites all time, and he has album(s) that are considered classic or great, Blackstarr & Quality, been in the game for 20+ years, but he's not a legend either.

Yea, I'm not rolling.

Out of the million rappers who ever lived, this is one of the 25 best who ever lived...... but he's no legend! gtfoh lol

Yea, I'm not rolling.

Out of the million rappers who ever lived, this is one of the 25 best who ever lived...... but he's no legend! gtfoh lol

Lupe was voted #18 rapper all time here...

(11-20)

11. Rakim (259 points)
12. LL Cool J ( 239 points)
13. Ghostface Killah ( 233 points)
14. Black Thought ( 222 points)
15. Snoop Dogg (218 points)
16. Drake ( 193 points)
17. Common (177 points)
18. Lupe Fiasco ( 175 points)
19. Eminem ( 172 points)
20. Big Pun ( 147 points)

...14 spots ahead of Jada at #32. and you voted Lupe as a Vet in his Vet or Legend thread.

"riight"

It would've been if Lupe was on my list....

That was a good try tho. Nigga dug up about 8 different throwback threads lol

But you wasn't talking bout just your list. You mentioned everybody's

but nah, on the real, i'm just callin out the bullshit. Too short didn't even make our top 50 rappers of alltime list. I'm pretty sure jada was in the top 25. HOW DF, jada NOT a legend, but Too Short is. Shit doesn't even sound right.

You initially mentioned the ABW top 50. He pointed out that Lupe finished higher than Jada on the list you referenced and yet you voted him(Lupe) a Vet. What else am I missing? Did he lie about the respective rankings in the ABW top 50?

Edit: @Revolver Ocelot beat me to it.

You initially mentioned the ABW top 50. He pointed out that Lupe finished higher than Jada on the list you referenced and yet you voted him(Lupe) a Vet. What else am I missing? Did he lie about the respective rankings in the ABW top 50?
I think the majority of people outside of ABW will rank jada in that 50. I don't think the majority of people outside of ABW rank Lupe where yall do.

I'm gonna get this diggin ass nigga a shovel for christmas lol

I've explained my budden ranking mad times on here. I'm aware i'm in the minority and I don't expect anybody else to rank him as high as I do.

What else you got?

I know you fuk wit Budden music and thinks he's a dope rapper. Which is why you rank him high.

But do you think he's a legend?

I already gave you my Kweli example. A guy I have in my top 10-15 but imo ain't a legend.

Back