Welcome To aBlackWeb

Legend or Vet: Lupe

Legend or Vet?

• Total voters

Goldie

and Baka's got a weird case, why is he around??
Site Owner
WhisperedSpicyAustralianfreshwatercrocodile-size_restricted.gif

Personal top 10-15 for me

But overall, strong vet (Beans/Cam/Mos) not longevity vet (Devin)

I still say he the last true lyricist. After him it went to shit lyrically. Kendrick trying so there's that

some people yall say are legends and some im wont argue dont even have enough disc to call it a discography...

:ainttrippin:

I wanna correct myself, Kendrick a superb lyricist. His pen crazy af. Don't wanna turn this into Lupe vs Kendrick

A vet at this point but like Mos his fire fizzled way too soon. In the end he never lived up to his potential and like Mos didn't have enough of an impact even outside the music to be legendary. At least he got 2 notable albums instead of one though.

I wanna correct myself, Kendrick a superb lyricist. His pen crazy af. Don't wanna turn this into Lupe vs Kendrick

I can't get into Kendrick at all. Still haven't even sat through all of GKMC cause I don't really like the pitch of his voice or his cadence. Lyrically I do think he's about on par with Lupe but Lupe is more polished.

A vet at this point but like Mos his fire fizzled way too soon. In the end he never lived up to his potential and like Mos didn't have enough of an impact even outside the music to be legendary. At least he got 2 notable albums instead of one though.
I'd give him 3. F&L ,Cool, and Murals

Back