Legend or Vet: Lupe

Legend or Vet?

• Total voters
What new wave don’t mean it’s a good thing

The new wave is to mumble and not have bars. Don’t mean you’re a legend

It really aint that many mumble rappers. But to ne anybody who started a new style or something like that and it takes off can be put into legend. And i dont think you have to be a lyrical assassin to be a legend

Atleast yall got one of these shits right

im about stop following him if he dont have an album about to drop

he picks the dumbest tweets to respond to and it makes my brain hurt when the tries to debate twitter eggs

• Haha
Reactions: Goldie 🔫💰
Just his tweets?........ "riight"

im not sure what you mean, but this nigga has one of the best pens in rap imo

his music for the most part, will always be the main thing that draws me to him

but outside of that, he a lil too weird even for me

• Haha
Reactions: Revolver Ocelot
im not sure what you mean, but this nigga has one of the best pens in rap imo

his music for the most part, will always be the main thing that draws me to him

but outside of that, he a lil too weird even for me

Serious question.

A lot of the bold also spills over into his music, especially the last few years, so do you Lupe fans get a lil defensive when that's criticized?

Serious question.

A lot of the bold also spills over into his music, especially the last few years, so do you Lupe fans get a lil defensive when that's criticized?

ehhh

i mean, i think you have to be a bit weird to come up with some of the stuff he does.

the only time i'll feel a type of way when people try to criticize him is when they dont go beneath the surface of the subject matter and get turned off immediately when they dont "get it" upon first listen

i've said this numerous times but i know with lupe, im gonna need a treasure map and a compass to find my way through the lyrics most of the time but that's what makes his style unique to me.

But i also aint trying to read him debate people on twitter about how "K-12 educations isnt really free" or how he is about to move to Japan and leave the US for good.

I mean, i know what he be trying to say, at least i think i do but he chooses some pretty basic ass people to converse with when he's actively on twitter.

• Goat
Reactions: Revolver Ocelot
Lol at neither being an option

The disrespect lol

Like if he not a vet than what is he?

Imo he a vet but if put him legend status ahead of a lotta other nigs.

Not easy to survive in rap so long bein' such a niche rapper

I think his pen legendary but overall I would have to say "vet" and Lupe is in my top 5

I'm a go with Vet. Dude been around 4ever. I kinda stopped checking for em after album 2..seems like he went in a different direction. I'll put his 1st two albums up against anyone in Hip Hop.