Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Legend or Vet: Black Thought

Legend or Vet: Thought

• Total voters
Highest quality vet there is. But only a vet. The roots as a whole are legends for being a successful live instrument rap band, that's legendary. Black thought is dope ass vet.

If you think Project Pat is more of a legend then Black Thought.

You can...

giphy.gif

What impact has he had?
He continues to give us DOPE realistic lyricism over live instrumentation

He continues to push the political lyricism that doesn't come off preachy or corny

He continues to amaze out to fans and peers alike with his flow, breathe control, and his ability to effortlessly switch and talk about any topic

The only thing he hasn't done is made no bubblegum pop shit or ignorant club music

What more else can he do?

As i have come to expect alot of people vote based off the feel.. the "Wave" so called swagger and what not.. it not even about the art to some people its about accolades and fanfare..

AND he never ever sold out!

They could easily make white friendly music, especially with the connects and deals they have in place but he doesn't

The nigga the only true spitter in a legendary crew but he not a legend?

Is he one of the best ever from a technical point? - Yes
Does he have platinum albums? - Yes
Is he 20+ years in the game? - Yes
Does he have a classic album? - Yes
Did he ever fall off? - No
Does he have stand out verses? - Yes
Does he have a grammy and has he been nominated multiple times? - Yes
Has he killed your favorite rapper on a song - Yes
Does he have the respect of all his peers? - Yes

I could keep going too. What else does a motherfucker have to do?

This is like when Anakin was granted a seat on the Jedi Council but not given the title of Jedi Master

He continues to give us DOPE realistic lyricism over live instrumentation

He continues to push the political lyricism that doesn't come off preachy or corny

He continues to amaze out to fans and peers alike with his flow, breathe control, and his ability to effortlessly switch and talk about any topic

The only thing he hasn't done is made no bubblegum pop shit or ignorant club music

What more else can he do?

None of that is impact. Nice try tho.

Again, if he was never in the game, nothin would change, not one bit.

I like BT, i like twista more than black thought and i voted that nigga a vet. Yall niggas don't know how to be objective.

Yall know god damn well he aint make no significant impact in the game to be a legend. Cut it out.

Bruh you could say this bout everyone except like 10 rappers, if that. By this criteria only Rakim, Nas, Big, Jay, and Tupac are legends.

Not everyone in the Hall of Fame is Jordan bruh

If BT is a legend, we gotta go back and call alot of the cats we called vets , legends. No way in the world BT is a legend and Cam isn't lol.

Back