Welcome To aBlackWeb

Lavar Ball- Great Father/Business man or a fool?

I have no issue with him.

He's been there for his kids. The media loves his antics b/c they couldn't stop reporting it. He has more faith in his kids than society.

Business wise...I have no issue either. Shaq maybe right when you said it marketing. Nothing wrong with that when you got your own brand. Boggles my mind how folks griped about the price of the Zo's when they 1st came out...yet will spend that amount and MORE for a pair of Gucci flip flops.

Shoes might be the best looking...but we'v seen uglier on the feet of these athletes who paid twice as much. I respect the fact he's creating their own brand, versus being under Nike...Addias...or the other major brands.

Man look some fathers put guns and drugs in their kids hands

Some put guitars and a Mike

Lavar put a basketball in his kids hands and told them trained them all the while telling his kids u put ur trust in me follow my moves ur gonna get somewhere, Lonzo is in the league just bought a 5.2 million dollars house... The other 2 will be pros somewhere earning a living all doing something they love....

We may not like his public persona but u gotta respect what he s done for his family

Yeah im not giving him credit for being a good father and setting them up for the future. Thats what you're supposed to do.

I have no issue with him.

He's been there for his kids. The media loves his antics b/c they couldn't stop reporting it. He has more faith in his kids than society.

Business wise...I have no issue either. Shaq maybe right when you said it marketing. Nothing wrong with that when you got your own brand. Boggles my mind how folks griped about the price of the Zo's when they 1st came out...yet will spend that amount and MORE for a pair of Gucci flip flops.

Shoes might be the best looking...but we'v seen uglier on the feet of these athletes who paid twice as much. I respect the fact he's creating their own brand, versus being under Nike...Addias...or the other major brands.
Let me help you out here.

Gucci is a Proven luxury brand. It is also linked to quality.
his shoes are not Proven to be luxury or quality.

That's one.
and two....hes under sketchers...they have a company under them called brand black or something. That company started another company just to help lavar sell sneakers.
So the zo2 is the same sneaks as brand blacks sneaks ...except they only cost like $120 or so.

So not only did they not design the sneak like he said but they copied a sneak and relabeled them. Then tried to pass it off like they designed the lightest sneak on the market....and even that aint true.

And after all the shit he talked....hes partnered with a company that's under a company.

But that's y'all mans?

As far as the media...they caking off his antics. He thinks its love. Its not. Its attention they getting and making money from.

The man had a news slot and they said it was worth like 12mill. What did he do with that time? Did he make his brand greater? Did he add hyper to his kids? Nope and nope. He fed his ego.

I mean the dude is annoying. But his sons can still be alright if they play overseas. Playing college ball does have its adavantages.

But if his younger sons get into the NBA its going to make college ball look worse than it does now. The one and done rule is a waste of time.
college can teach certain fundementals and discipline to help the transition into the pros ...not everyone has the ability to make it in the league once they get there.

and like waht was already said....

how low has the bar been set that a man being a father is a good thing?

lonzo also bought his dad a bentley and all the boys got porches and lambos...with the $5million house.

where is the money management? where is the financial literacy?

just because you have a business doesnt mean tomorrow is promised.

Lmao. He'll never do right by the standards yall want to set for him and his family. I think I get what it is that personally bothers you but I wont put you on trial. Tired of squabbling with you niggas anyway lol.

I do think if people think him simply being around and teaching his kids how to play basketball makes him a good father then that's a low ass bar. Time will tell though just how effective his methods are because usually parents that push their kids that hard are doing it from a place of their own failed dreams. I do think he was wrong for pulling the youngest out of high school. I think he will have the biggest adjustment problems. He's barely 16. He still needs to be a damn kid. Lavar is abrasive, arrogant, and an asshole and those aren't typically qualities you associate with good people so to praise him simply for "sticking it to the man" and "not being a slave to Nike" just sounds stupid in the bigger picture. You can't start your business off alienating part of your potential consumer base or potential business partners then putting out a sub par product as well.

Let me help you out here.

Gucci is a Proven luxury brand. It is also linked to quality.
his shoes are not Proven to be luxury or quality.

That's one.
and two....hes under sketchers...they have a company under them called brand black or something. That company started another company just to help lavar sell sneakers.
So the zo2 is the same sneaks as brand blacks sneaks ...except they only cost like $120 or so.

So not only did they not design the sneak like he said but they copied a sneak and relabeled them. Then tried to pass it off like they designed the lightest sneak on the market....and even that aint true.

And after all the shit he talked....hes partnered with a company that's under a company.

But that's y'all mans?

As far as the media...they caking off his antics. He thinks its love. Its not. Its attention they getting and making money from.

The man had a news slot and they said it was worth like 12mill. What did he do with that time? Did he make his brand greater? Did he add hyper to his kids? Nope and nope. He fed his ego.

Proven brand don't mean then make good looking products. And folks are still paying double than the price of the Zo's.

But we get it bruh. No matter what we say, you already got your thoughts about him solidified. Lol.

You know how many fatherless kids out wish they had an active father like him? Damn the antics. Lol

I'm not even sure what the purpose of this thread is

Lavar is a loudmouth which may or may not be an attention gathering character

But he raised his sons properly , personally taught them a skill that can feed them for a while and building a business he hopes can generate wealth for generations of his family what more do y'all want from him he did what he was supposed to do as a man

image.jpeg And while niggas clowning BBB which may or may not be a Ponzi Scheme don't forget these retail at 850 and are sold out everywhere

Lavar can be annoying at times but other than that I see nothing wrong with what he’s doing.

Why not try to make your own brand and business instead of his kids potentially making other companies even more millions.

Lavar can be annoying at times but other than that I see nothing wrong with what he’s doing.

Why not try to make your own brand and business instead of his kids potentially making other companies even more millions.
he didnt start out wanting sneakers......he did it to say f the industry. because he wasnt getting his way
he didnt want to go abroad until he wasnt getting his way
he allowed gelo to play in college until he wasnt getting his way
he allowed chino hills to coach melo until he wasnt getting his way
he was ok with 1 and done until he wasnt getting his way.

his brand was because he wasnt getting his way. so the plan was not a plan..it was from the hip. which makes it dumb if you dont plan it out but you have enough people who want to root for the under dog and will support blindly.

he wants to start his own league...because he wasnt getting his way.

all that sounds good...but i want to see him do the ground work...show some progress..then i will support him.

kinda like the same reason niggas get on umar...they want to see the progress with his school...but since they dont...hes a fraud....but for some reason lavar is not?

View attachment 19913 And while niggas clowning BBB which may or may not be a Ponzi Scheme don't forget these retail at 850 and are sold out everywhere
balenciaga or whatever is a high class fashion brand.

all that shit seems ugly...but its a fashion brand thats very famous in paris......so they can charge that much.

they are established...and like i been saying. they take this shit seriously.

lavar doesnt. this is all a joke to him.

i have always said this is wide open for him...but he fucks it up.....

like @BlackRain said and i said often on the other site...

he talks shit about women. why? how? women are the biggest consumers in america....why talk shit and tell them to stay in yo lane? why disrespect that radio chick? why go after the female ref? saying she dont know her job? even if thats how you feel...you control your emotions and words because its about the brand right? this aint about they not controlling a black man......if hes trying to build a brand...then ast like a CEO and do whats good for the brand.

saying shit like you cant win with 4 white guys......stupid

Proven brand don't mean then make good looking products. And folks are still paying double than the price of the Zo's.

But we get it bruh. No matter what we say, you already got your thoughts about him solidified. Lol.

You know how many fatherless kids out wish they had an active father like him? Damn the antics. Lol
this is not a good argument.

this really shits on black men bruh.

while its alot of kids who wish they had a father who the cops locked up who were innocent as well.

and when you look at it...is he an active father or a father forcing his dream onto his kids. and now forcing his dream on everyone else.

and why dont yall dispoyte my facts i am bringing.

its not about me having my mind solidified.....we having a discussion.

all you guys are coming with is "well hes an active father"...thats crap. he should be.
or "well people pay money for gucci"....a multiple decade old quality company...yall really compare the two? just wow.

all i am saying is come with facts.

like i said at the other place and ill say here.

i am looking for someone to shut me up with facts i can not dispute.

yall niggas dont have anything so yall dont want to play?

cmon on ...we all better than that.

Back