Welcome To aBlackWeb

Kim Kardashian gets dragged for insensitive comments “Get your f--king ass up and work. It seems like nobody wants to work these days.”

She was talking to “women in business” but the message went out to everybody including women who just work for a business. You don’t get the same kind of return on your effort if you aren’t steering the ship. This is a (still somewhat disingenuous) message fit for an entrepreneurial seminar so it landed wrong with the wrong audience…

She was talking to “women in business” but the message went out to everybody including women who just work for a business. You don’t get the same kind of return on your effort if you aren’t steering the ship. This is a (still somewhat disingenuous) message fit for an entrepreneurial seminar so it landed wrong with the wrong audience…

Do you know many women in business? Serious question, how many do you think are out there that have high aspirations and are trying to do something big but don't want to work. Seriously. I imagine there are some that think it's going to be easy and shy away when they find out it's hard, but do you really think the average businesswoman goes down that road without wanting to work?

Again, the work hard part isn't the issue, and if she had something about success maybe taking even more work than most people realize, that would have been ok. But this chick said people don't want to work anymore. Even if you take that only to apply to women in business, I call bullshit.

Also come on, I think everyone should agree that the Kardashians were able to basically skip past the initial grind of building a business up to success. They were basically able to just use connections to get the businesses going and their name to make them successful. Some say those are the hardest parts of creating businesses. So maybe she should be a little bit careful about criticizing people for balking at the effort it takes to build a business, when she was basically given a shortcut through much of that.

Do you know many women in business? Serious question, how many do you think are out there that have high aspirations and are trying to do something big but don't want to work. Seriously. I imagine there are some that think it's going to be easy and shy away when they find out it's hard, but do you really think the average businesswoman goes down that road without wanting to work?

Again, the work hard part isn't the issue, and if she had something about success maybe taking even more work than most people realize, that would have been ok. But this chick said people don't want to work anymore. Even if you take that only to apply to women in business, I call bullshit.

Also come on, I think everyone should agree that the Kardashians were able to basically skip past the initial grind of building a business up to success. They were basically able to just use connections to get the businesses going and their name to make them successful. Some say those are the hardest parts of creating businesses. So maybe she should be a little bit careful about criticizing people for balking at the effort it takes to build a business, when she was basically given a shortcut through much of that.

I said all that with one GIF early in the thread…do you get paid by the word lol

Feel like some of this minimizes her work. Just looked it up and there are around 22 million millionaires in the US. There's a little over 600 billionaires. So it looks like less that 1/100th of 1% of millionaires become billionaires.

I'm not saying the circumstances she was born into (a millionaire's daughter) didn't give her a big leg up. Of course they did. But I dunno about her being born rounding 3rd as far as what she has now (net worth of $1.8 billion)

Just saying... credit where it's due as far as getting that money.

Feel like some of this minimizes her work. Just looked it up and there are around 22 million millionaires in the US. There's a little over 600 billionaires. So it looks like less that 1/100th of 1% of millionaires become billionaires.

I'm not saying the circumstances she was born into (a millionaire's daughter) didn't give her a big leg up. Of course they did. But I dunno about her being born rounding 3rd as far as what she has now (net worth of $1.8 billion)

Just saying... credit where it's due as far as getting that money.
Now how was that fortune accumulated
Making money doesn’t equate effort of value

Now how was that fortune accumulated
Making money doesn’t equate effort of value

She has a couple businesses, the show, and is a partial owner of other businesses. I don't know all the stuff she does though. But increasing your net worth over 1 billion dollars isn't easy. She's not the first woman to cash in on her looks. Not the only one to try to have a sex tape.

Pam Anderson had a sex tape, and is worth around $20 million. Paris Hilton has a sex tape, and is worth around $300 million. She comes from a much wealthier family than Kim too.

I'm not saying Kim had to do as much as someone coming from a middle class background. But that third comma doesn't just fall in people's laps.

She started out talking about women in business and her Republican qwhyte woman jumped out when she said "nobody wants to work these days"....she didn't say only women dont want to work. That is a very political statement to make at this time in history...and one that these companies, business owners and politicians are saying b/c people got "stimulus" money and aren't willing to go back to shitty jobs, killing themselves for shitty pay. She's "one of them"...and like "them", she has the audacity to say some shit like that. That's all this is.

She has a couple businesses, the show, and is a partial owner of other businesses. I don't know all the stuff she does though. But increasing your net worth over 1 billion dollars isn't easy. She's not the first woman to cash in on her looks. Not the only one to try to have a sex tape.

Pam Anderson had a sex tape, and is worth around $20 million. Paris Hilton has a sex tape, and is worth around $300 million. She comes from a much wealthier family than Kim too.

I'm not saying Kim had to do as much as someone coming from a middle class background. But that third comma doesn't just fall in people's laps.

What makes what she said even worse is she's currently being sued by former employees of hers for not paying them properly for regular nor overtime work and for denying regular meal breaks....but "nobody wants to work anymore". So thats how you become a billionaire...by screwing people over as you gain more profits.

Back