Welcome To aBlackWeb

KeKe Palmer's boyfriend takes issue with her choice in attire to attend the Usher concert. Update: Keke has rescinded the protective order

Niggas gotta quit wifing shorties they feel like they need to police. If she a entertainer or a model type u gotta know what come w it. If u can’t handle it or don’t feel like u can trust her character move to someone more aligned w ya standards—nun wrong w it.

Same shit w women rocking w dudes they know ain’t shit then get mad when them same aint shit mfs turn out to not be shit.

U knew what u was getting into from the jump. Ppl gotta quit tryna change folks and just wait til they find someone aligned w what they looking for. Or don’t and be miserable 🤣

I hear you, but everyone that is looking to be in a successful relationship has to be willing to change to some degree. I'd agree that if a person has certain qualities that make up the core of who they are, there is no point in trying to get them to change that. However, the idea that you should just accept that everything a person is doing when you first met them will continue when you marry them is dumb. Some of the shit people do when single, they do specifically because they are single.

I hear you, but everyone that is looking to be in a successful relationship has to be willing to change to some degree. I'd agree that if a person has certain qualities that make up the core of who they are, there is no point in trying to get them to change that. However, the idea that you should just accept that everything a person is doing when you first met them will continue when you marry them is dumb. Some of the shit people do when single, they do specifically because they are single.

This is where the trouble comes in. Because this might be true for YOU, but it's not true for everyone. Some people feel like there is single behavior and there is relationship behavior. And some people feel like 'This is me. This was me before you met me. It will be me when we are married.'.

We have to stop making assumptions.

Niggas gotta quit wifing shorties they feel like they need to police. If she a entertainer or a model type u gotta know what come w it. If u can’t handle it or don’t feel like u can trust her
character move to someone more aligned w ya standards—nun wrong w it.

Same shit w women rocking w dudes they know ain’t shit then get mad when them same aint shit mfs turn out to not be shit.

U knew what u was getting into from the jump. Ppl gotta quit tryna change folks and just wait til they find someone aligned w what they looking for. Or don’t and be miserable 🤣

alonzo-mourning.gif

This is where the trouble comes in. Because this might be true for YOU, but it's not true for everyone. Some people feel like there is single behavior and there is relationship behavior. And some people feel like 'This is me. This was me before you met me. It will be me when we are married.'.

That's essentially what dude said tho...

Fact is dude want a movie star but don’t want her doing movie star stuff.

She a female in white Hollywood and while yes she is absolutely gorgeous she also has a shelf life that she has to contend with

Dude getting in the way of her providing for the family

If she fucks up then collect your bag like the rest of these stay at home moms

Jobless ass nigga thinking he in control of a working millionaire

Yea ok

Maybe I didn't do a good job of making my point because you're not really disagreeing with me here. I completely agree with you that some people feel the way in the bold.

My point was that, in my opinion, those people are inherently unmarryable because i believe it's a fact that anyone who wants to engage in a successful long term relationship has to be willing to change to some degree. I don't think people should be redefining who they are just to be with another person, but I also don't think anyone can reasonably take the stance that they aren't changing anything about themselves and expect to be successful at going from being a single person to operating as a unit with another person.

Yeah but its this type of thinking thats has 300 pounds chick walking with they ass out(ie lizzo at the laker game)

And? What does this mean? Yes...fact that everyone is attractive to someone means that some fat women feel comfortable walking with their ass out. And that's fine...because everybody is attractive to somebody. So like...what now?

Lizzo has a man. Because he found her attractive.

Last edited:
Maybe I didn't do a good job of making my point because you're not really disagreeing with me here. I completely agree with you that some people feel the way in the bold.

My point was that, in my opinion, those people are inherently unmarryable because i believe it's a fact that anyone who wants to engage in a successful long term relationship has to be willing to change to some degree. I don't think people should be redefining who they are just to be with another person, but I also don't think anyone can reasonably take the stance that they aren't changing anything about themselves and expect to be successful at going from being a single person to operating as a unit with another person.

And this is where we disagree. Those people are not inherently unmarryable. They just need to find someone who ALSO feels like 'Well you were dressing provocatively before we ever met each other, so I expect you to dress provocatively once we are together.'. Or whatever the thing is. Doesn't have to be dressing provocatively.

And this is where we disagree. Those people are not inherently unmarryable. They just need to find someone who ALSO feels like 'Well you were dressing provocatively before we ever met each other, so I expect you to dress provocatively once we are together.'. Or whatever the thing is. Doesn't have to be dressing provocatively.

There's the rub though. You're thinking like there's one big point of contention, and people just have to find someone where they can agree on that one thing. The reality is that for any two people, there are 100 things they aren't going to agree on. It's difficult to find a mate where ya'll are lock and step on every thing. Realistically, every pair of people, no matter how good a couple they are, will have things where they don't see eye to eye, and the success of their relationship will depend on their ability to compromise. If you are completely unwilling to change your ways or compromise, I don't really see how you can be in a successful long term relationship.

It's just my opinion though. I'm not trying to act like this is some fundamental law of nature or anything.

There's the rub though. You're thinking like there's one big point of contention, and people just have to find someone where they can agree on that one thing. The reality is that for any two people, there are 100 things they aren't going to agree on. It's difficult to find a mate where ya'll are lock and step on every thing. Realistically, every pair of people, no matter how good a couple they are, will have things where they don't see eye to eye, and the success of their relationship will depend on their ability to compromise. If you are completely unwilling to change your ways or compromise, I don't really see how you can be in a successful long term relationship.

It's just my opinion though. I'm not trying to act like this is some fundamental law of nature or anything.
Na, I know that they're isn't just one point of contention. But that's the one that the thread is based on and that we're all talking about so I just stuck with that one. I could go deeper into how I still disagree with your thought process on this, based on your last reply, but whatever. Shit don't really matter. I'm not that invested.

*daps*

Niggas gotta quit wifing shorties they feel like they need to police. If she a entertainer or a model type u gotta know what come w it. If u can’t handle it or don’t feel like u can trust her character move to someone more aligned w ya standards—nun wrong w it.

She even said she felt different once her body got the way it was. Where was all this when she was no ass’ed and long tittied?

Back