Welcome To aBlackWeb

Keep it real, you still living with ya folks?

Still at mom dukes?

• Yes

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • No

Votes: 42 93.3%
  • Maybe so

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They live with me

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I can't remember when I moved out but it was on the later side like 22/23. Moved back at 24/25 because my roommate dipped. Was back out within a year

Y'all funny. But yeah I do. It's worked out fine. I honestly think a lot of people's negative feelings have a lot to do with their personal relationship with their parents.. Y'all project a lotta shit and scenarios on stuff we don't even deal with over here. But I get it, anything for lol's.

I'll say this though. If I was living by myself in a 5 bedroom house, I would 100% invite my child to raise their family with me if we were close enough.

I'm a only child. She's retired and in her 70's. After being married for almost 12 years, I can say with full confidence this is one of the bigger blessings in my life.

Every dollar I put into this house was an investment. The roof, the kitchen, the floors, the windows, we getting the basement done this summer. Plus not having to put her in a senior community is something I'm actually proud of. If I had never came back, she would have long sold this home. It's way too much house for one person. And that was literally the conversation that brought me back, cuz I was cool with renting.

But the house was falling apart, and the neighborhood was getting worse.. Me coming back had a positive impact on all that shit. So I'm proud of myself, even if y'all got jokes 🤷🏿‍♂️

Y'all funny. But yeah I do. It's worked out fine. I honestly think a lot of people's negative feelings have a lot to do with their personal relationship with their parents.. Y'all project a lotta shit and scenarios on stuff we don't even deal with over here. But I get it, anything for lol's.

I'll say this though. If I was living by myself in a 5 bedroom house, I would 100% invite my child to raise their family with me if we were close enough.

I'm a only child. She's retired and in her 70's. After being married for almost 12 years, I can say with full confidence this is one of the bigger blessings in my life.

Every dollar I put into this house was an investment. The roof, the kitchen, the floors, the windows, we getting the basement done this summer. Plus not having to put her in a senior community is something I'm actually proud of. If I had never came back, she would have long sold this home. It's way too much house for one person. And that was literally the conversation that brought me back, cuz I was cool with renting.

But the house was falling apart, and the neighborhood was getting worse.. Me coming back had a positive impact on all that shit. So I'm proud of myself, even if y'all got jokes 🤷🏿‍♂️

One of my old-school crew just got a divorce, packed up his shit, and moved back to Tha D and is currently living in the family home with his moms. She's like 80-something years old now and the old neighborhood, while decent, ain't what it used to be, so instead of renting a spot close to her he just figured he'd be better off living there to take care of her. He's got plans for the crib similar to you: getting the upstairs and basement tightened up, new flooring, appliances, etc and not putting her in a senior home was high on his list of reasons to go live with her.

I ain't mad atcha bruh.

Plus I don't think alotta people understand legacy.

My grandfather bought this house in the 60's, my mom bought it from him in the 90's and I bought it from her in the 2010's....

I often wrestle with what imma do with it when she passes .. Like my wife wants to pass it to our children. And I haven't really found a reason to not to. I think if my mom passed before they grown, it might become a real discussion. But as thing stands we're good.

I think the biggest anticipation is 100% finishing the basement with a full bathroom and kitchen. Cuz at that point it becomes an apartment with it's own entrance... And I'm curious how they goes.

My son may get it, my mom may pull real seniority and claim it. I'm actually for her taking it, cuz it's no steps and that makes life 100% easier for her. She would essentially have her own space completely cut off from everybody else.

Last estimate I got on making that happen was like 8k. It might be the move for this summer

Back