Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Kanye West - Ye + [Kids See Ghosts Album]

Rate "Ye"

• Total voters
This album is just like ASAP’s new joint to me...”too hip-hop emotionally draining”...if I gotta spend more time “deciding” whether or not I like tha fucking thing than I do actually enjoying it, it’s trash. I immediately liked tha Push album, but I listened to this shit all day yesterday riding around and honestly can’t remember if anything stood out beaides a line about liking titties because it meant he could focus on 2 things at tha same time and a long ass intro that’ll be used in his murder trial when he finally snaps and kills tha whole Kardashian lineage thusly gaining back his “black” status smh

Yikes and Violent Crime are the best songs on the album. The rest is meh but I fucks with Wouldn't Leave and the hook (or whatever you want to call it) on Ghost Town.

PAN boss Bill Kouligas says Kanye West sampled Mono No Aware track

He claims that a sample of Kareem Lotfy's track "Fr3sh" appears on West's new album, Ye.

kanye-west-ye-vs.-the-people-radio-rip-ft-t.i.-634x381.jpg

Bill Kouligas has claimed that Kanye West sampled Kareem Lotfy's track "Fr3sh," originally released by PAN, on his new album, Ye.

In a Twitter post today, Kouligas pointed out that you can hear what sounds like a sample from "Fr3sh" in the second half of "I Thought About Killing You," Ye's opening track. Kouligas says that nobody from West's label sought his or the artist's approval for use of the sample. The track came out on PAN's compilation of ambient music, Mono No Aware, in February of last year. Kareem Lotfy is an Egyptian producer and visual artist currently based in Berlin.

"It's sadly another case of an artist who capitalizes on culture without any original ideas and because culture trickles up," Kouligas told Pitchfork. "This means we are all basically working for him. Everything leads to him, he's the ultimate narcissist."

Listen to Kareem Lotfy's "Fr3sh."

Listen to Kanye West's "I Thought About Killing You." The contested sample comes in just after three minutes.

Label: PAN

https://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=41873

The album isn’t great and it’s not terrible. It just feels really uneventful & forgettable. I expected way more from Ye. Plus with just 7 songs you can’t afford to have half or more of it sounding like filler. This is the first time I’ve listened to a Ye album & not had at least one song that I’d put on repeat.

This basically... Too high and lazy to give a review

Played it in the whip on my way to get groceries... I think the production saves it from being a wack album and with the subject matter should have made it at least ten songs...

But with that being said Pusha album still hitting... Ye on a roll

Two more verses and No Mistakes is a radio single and smash. At least one more verse, 16-24 bars

I think thats my biggest gripe, every song feels incomplete, even Violent Crimes.

A lit of reference songs imo

IMO Ye been trash since Graduation...haven’t enjoyed a full album of his in years...get this weird ass artsy fartsy Koondashian tha FOH...

Until Nas album drops...then immediately after that get his ass tha complete FOH all over again!!

Yeah this shit is too short. Some projects can work being this short like Daytona or Weeknd's EP from a couple months back, but this feels like you chose 7 tracks off an album at random and made a playlist with them. Out of his post-MBDTF albums I might have to rank this as the worst, Yeezus had more memorable high points than this album.

Although this is the best album cover out of Ye, TLOP, & Yeezus.

@Word.....life when the last time you enjoyed a Kanye album b?

Dead ass serious when I say I haven’t fucked wit’ a solo Ye album since Graduation...I’ve liked songs from him but as far as a true Kanye fan like I was when he came out...Graduation....I saw tha signs early on that nigga lmao

Dead ass serious when I say I haven’t fucked wit’ a solo Ye album since Graduation...I’ve liked songs from him but as far as a true Kanye fan like I was when he came out...Graduation....I saw tha signs early on that nigga lmao
MBDTF is the single greatest Kanye album and if you dont like that you're a piece of shit

Aight not that far but you should check it out in its entirety. It's better than Graduation

Word.....Word?

I was a fan of tha man when he first came out and all tha way thru his 1st 3 albums...always one of my favorite producers and wit tha help of Just Blaze made tha Roc tha best squad/crew by blessing tha MC’s on tha label wit pure fire for years...and far be it from me to stunt on a persons “artistic growth” but I’m tired of waiting for this nigga to get his swagger back fam...his music misses tha spot wit me for tha most part and has for years now...on top of that tha whole “crazy” shit is played...I know mad crazy niggaz and you know what they all have in common...none of them niggaz know or think they crazy but this fool knows he is?! FOH wit tha insanity act...and fuck tha Kardashians as a squad, crew, family and record label....

I was a fan of tha man when he first came out and all tha way thru his 1st 3 albums...always one of my favorite producers and wit tha help of Just Blaze made tha Roc tha best squad/crew by blessing tha MC’s on tha label wit pure fire for years...and far be it from me to stunt on a persons “artistic growth” but I’m tired of waiting for this nigga to get his swagger back fam...his music misses tha spot wit me for tha most part and has for years now...on top of that tha whole “crazy” shit is played...I know mad crazy niggaz and you know what they all have in common...none of them niggaz know or think they crazy but this fool knows he is?! FOH wit tha insanity act...and fuck tha Kardashians as a squad, crew, family and record label....
I don’t know what this has to do with MBDTF.......

And plenty of ppl know they have mental issues and they deal/live with it. Not ‘crazy’ but def bi-polar which is rampant in the black community. Some choose to seek help professionally , others self medicate, others say fuck it and tell you to take they good with they bad. Kanye has been thru 3 phases.

I don’t know what this has to do with MBDTF.......

And plenty of ppl know they have mental issues and they deal/live with it. Not ‘crazy’ but def bi-polar which is rampant in the black community. Some choose to seek help professionally , others self medicate, others say fuck it and tell you to take they good with they bad. Kanye has been thru 3 phases.

Fuck this nigga b...I think that was main point lmao

Last edited:
Back