Welcome To aBlackWeb

Kanye supports Trump. Koonye says slavery was a choice. Update: Koonye On Support For Trump in New Interview: ‘I’m Definitely Voting This Time’

Hilarious how they incorporated Baldwin's recent comments of "black people love me" (which he's since received backlash for) into the skit.

For those that didn't see it:

The article in The Hollywood Reporter described Baldwin interacting with a fan on the street who told him, "Dude, you do that Donald Trump thing real good. Real good."

Afterward, Baldwin said the interaction was typical.

"I don't know how to say this, and I don't want to get it wrong either, because everything is a minefield of bombs going off, but ever since I played Trump, black people love me," he told the Repoter. "They love me. Everywhere I go, black people go crazy."
"I think it's because they're most afraid of Trump," Baldwin added. "I'm not going to paint every African-American person with the same brush, but a significant number of them are sitting there going, 'This is going to be bad for black folks.'"

Also LMAO @ Trump thinking "poopity scoop" while Kanye was talking

Bullshit. Ya'll always gave that dude too much credit. He did interviews around that time where he basically said the same shit. Kanye has always been a dumbass and a dickhead. Some of ya'll niggas were just super slow on the uptake.
He may have always been a dickhead for sure, that still doesn't make college dropout any less of a satire album about people who go to college with no real plans on what to do once they get there

kanyes ideas are trash. my thing is, why buss it up with folks from either party? why get coozy with democrats and/or republicans if you know both parties work to oppress and railroad the poor and people of color?

yall are calling him a free thinker, but imo free thinkers wouldn’t be propagandizing for someone like trump. they wouldnt align themselves with either party, especially the bourgeoisie.

either way, youre privileged af to walk around with a maga hat professing your love for someone that is making the lives of so many ppl that propelled you to fame, a living hell.

foh.

kanyes ideas are trash. my thing is, why buss it up with folks from either party? why get coozy with democrats and/or republicans if you know both parties work to oppress and railroad the poor and people of color?

yall are calling him a free thinker, but imo free thinkers wouldn’t be propagandizing for someone like trump. they wouldnt align themselves with either party, especially the bourgeoisie.

either way, youre privileged af to walk around with a maga hat professing your love for someone that is making the lives of so many ppl that propelled you to fame, a living hell.

foh.

Honestly if Kanye did this same disjointed/manic ass speech to Obama ..ida still been lookin at this fool like he's nuts..

but in reference to the bolded.. who should one chop it up with if BOTH major parties are out of the question to have a discussion with?

No troll.. serious question

He may have always been a dickhead for sure, that still doesn't make college dropout any less of a satire album about people who go to college with no real plans on what to do once they get there

I never called out College Dropout. I said that Kanye was running around downing the idea of going to school and using himself as an example of why school isn't all that important. He was making those comment in interviews, so he clearly believed them. You can say College Dropout is satirical, and maybe it has satirical elements, but you can't just dismiss it as satire if the creator actually believes it.

HBCUs pushing 32% graduation rates because kids nor parents understand it. It’s not that college ain’t important, just most people don’t need it

I'm not sure what you mean by most people don't need it. Shit is getting bad enough in the work market where shitty jobs are requiring degrees just as a way to screen applicants. I'm not saying college is necessary for everyone, but it's not some shit to scoff at like Kanye was doing. Every person out there isn't some kind of musical phenom.

He is not a genius......these Kanye apologists are just as foul as Kanye:

"I think what Kanye was trying to say was...."

"Kanye is a genius who has all of these thoughts in his mind but don't articulate them properly....."

In an interview with CNN's Van Jones and 2018 Democratic Maryland gubernatorial candidate Ben Jealous, set to air at 7 p.m. ET Saturday, Jones asked [Dave] Chappelle what he thought of West's recent statements against the Democratic Party.

"First of all, you know, Kanye's the artist, man," Chappelle said in the interview, which was taped before West's meeting with Trump at the White House on Thursday. "And he's a genius."

"I think the angle he's seeing things from is about the division that he sees. And -- and he's not inconsistent with what he's saying," Chappelle added, citing a previous instance of West reappropriating the Confederate flag.

Chappelle stressed that he personally supported West and trusted his intentions, but that the rapper shouldn't be promoting that kind of rhetoric.

"I'm not mad at Kanye. That's my brother -- I love him, I support him," Chappelle said. "But, you know, I don't have to agree with everything that he says ... I just trust him as a person of intent. But yeah, he shouldn't say all that s***."

Not about HBCUs. Used it because that’s where most of us go. More about college period.

If you need it fine, but there’s only a few fields you have to go the college route. More than half your classes while you there are a waste of time. HBCUs don’t even teach you your history cause most of them just extensions of public school

It’s not an education and it’s not for going to get an education. You go to gain a skill. The shit in between just tax.

Only a few jobs? Anything in the medical field, any scientific endeavor, anything in engineering, most stuff in cyber or IT, education, law, finance, etc... Most high end jobs require degrees of some sort, and even if the cases where a degree isn't necessary, you're either going to have to spend a lot of time working your way up the ladder (likely more time than you have to invest into a degree) or you have to bring something major to the table to get in without a degree. On top of that, most companies have pay guidelines that could likely lead to you making less money in your position based on the fact you don't have a degree. That's why a lot of people go and get a degree even after they've gotten the job.

Back