Welcome To aBlackWeb

Kaepernick back on some clown ish

I don’t want to publicly speak against Kaep because of imagery

i wanted him defend his self against Dez Bryant comments

I like you too, but you're the 3rd person this week to come at me with some Hypocritical shit. I already posted the first 2's hypocrisy and don't feel like doing it again.

Go at this a different way, and speak on what the threads about please.
Nh..... fam to an extent I agree w u.... I just wouldn’t shit on him publicly especially since we don’t know his end game

Nh..... fam to an extent I agree w u.... I just wouldn’t shit on him publicly especially since we don’t know his end game

Him downplaying slavery, and preaching bullshit was public. It's on Netflix. How's that less problematic than me posting on ABW that he shouldn't have done that?

Speaking of the hypocrisy this week though, @AP2.0 I didn't see where you responded to the post you deleted yesterday like you said said you would. Here's the reminder.

You have something to say about people still choosing to listen to R Kelly, while at the same time praising the play of Jameis Winston, who has multiple sexual assault allegations against him. It sounds like hashtag ethics again. You're mad at the guy everyone else says they're mad at. Not mad at the person that violated your ethical rules.

How do you decide which sexual predators it's ok for people to support?

Because he is our brother and we need to let him see it through

Man, didn't we just talk about this? You haven't publicly gone against the family and not waited to see the end game in regards to, Hell...I dunno...pick a random name...Umar Johnson... have you?

I don't care that you did. Fine with me. Just don't act like I'm crossing the line when I do the same with someone I think is being a fraud

Speaking of the hypocrisy this week though, @AP2.0 I didn't see where you responded to the post you deleted yesterday like you said said you would. Here's the reminder.

You have something to say about people still choosing to listen to R Kelly, while at the same time praising the play of Jameis Winston, who has multiple sexual assault allegations against him. It sounds like hashtag ethics again. You're mad at the guy everyone else says they're mad at. Not mad at the person that violated your ethical rules.

How do you decide which sexual predators it's ok for people to support?
Hey, thanks for reminding me

I honestly forgot about it. Admittedly, his situation seems to have just kinda got buried. I'm not absolving him from anything he may have done.

I legit have not been keeping up with it either. It's not been intentional cause he plays for the saints, I just legit have not heard anything and assumed cause I hadn't heard anything, it was settled out of court. If you could point me in the direction on where the case is currently, that would be cool

Idk if i gave you the answer you were looking for but if he is indeed found to be guilty or whatever, then it's fuck him too.

I know you have a "vested" interest in his case as whatever happened, happened while he was in Tampa so I'll make an assumption you are more versed in the particulars of the case than I am. Without knowing the details of where the case is currently, I can't give an informed opinion outside of if he is guilty, i hope he gets whatever punishment is coming his way. I also assume that the fact the saints haven't just flat out cut bait with him prior to his season ending injury, that they believe he might be innocent? If they are covering up for him or whatever, then they are foul af for that.

that's all i got

Hey, thanks for reminding me

I honestly forgot about it. Admittedly, his situation seems to have just kinda got buried. I'm not absolving him from anything he may have done.

I legit have not been keeping up with it either. It's not been intentional cause he plays for the saints, I just legit have not heard anything and assumed cause I hadn't heard anything, it was settled out of court. If you could point me in the direction on where the case is currently, that would be cool

Idk if i gave you the answer you were looking for but if he is indeed found to be guilty or whatever, then it's fuck him too.

I know you have a "vested" interest in his case as whatever happened, happened while he was in Tampa so I'll make an assumption you are more versed in the particulars of the case than I am. Without knowing the details of where the case is currently, I can't give an informed opinion outside of if he is guilty, i hope he gets whatever punishment is coming his way. I also assume that the fact the saints haven't just flat out cut bait with him prior to his season ending injury, that they believe he might be innocent? If they are covering up for him or whatever, then they are foul af for that.

that's all i got

One incident happened in Tampa. The other(s) in college. What you said is my point though... it's not in the news anymore, so no need to think about it. That's hashtag ethics... it's only an issue if it's being talked about with a #metoo on the end.

He's already settled everything out of court, so no updates to give. He paid them... they went away.

If R Kelly settled out of court would you still bump his music?

One incident happened in Tampa. The other(s) in college. What you said is my point though... it's not in the news anymore, so no need to think about it. That's hashtag ethics... it's only an issue if it's being talked about with a #metoo on the end.

He's already settled everything out of court, so no updates to give. He paid them... they went away.

Nevermind people don’t know what the court found him guilty of.

hint: it wasn’t sexual assault

ok, so you are trying to lump everything into one fits all approach which can be dangerous b/c there are instances where settling out of court isnt an admission of guilt. You can just decide to settle b/c it's cheaper to than to fight it out in court. Depending on where you stand on this issue will probably influence your thoughts about whether someone is guilty or not.

Also, Kelly's past spans over what...2 decades and some change?

when i tell you the ONLY game I EVER watched of Winston in college was the national championship game and prior to him joining the saints, i ONLY watched the games when the saints played tampa. In other words, Jameis has NEVER been on my radar like that to begin with BUT again, as a tampa fan and I think you're also a Fla State fan (or is that nemesis), I would expect you to know WAY more about him than i do.

But fun fact about me brah, there is a TON of shit that happens on Monday that I have forgotten about on Tuesday. Some things I retain very well, and others just fall by the wayside for a myriad of reasons. If YOU feel that somehow me discontinuing to listen to R.Kelly's music (which btw, he is still in trial for this right? I honestly dont know) to something that barely registered a blip on my radar to begin with, then therein lies the issue. I dont have a database of all the sexual assault cases in my brain. I will agree with you that there are instances where some cases are just more high profile than others. That's not to say those cases arent important to the people who are directly involved with them.

I'm also not in here saying "well, i can separate the player from his acts" like many have said with Kelly. Again, him settling isnt indicative of a guilty verdict. There isnt tape of him assaulting a woman on camera. There arent women in droves claiming he did the same thing to them. There arent documentaries documenting his behavior over a span of 2 decades plus.

I feel like you just wanna call me a hypocrite, but it's just not computing for me.

Back