Kaepernick back on some clown ish

People in here have a issue with the slave comparison and the argument is but they became rich.

This excuse is vague because for every NFL player who is rich and healthy. There are 20 who are not so lucky, some have themselves to blame but others are due to the amount of punishment that is produce throughout the years.

People usually compare slavery to how cattle is treated. You can share the same comparison to the nfl. You're being put through physical extremes year after year. As soon as your career is done. You might have a happy ending but at the end You are thrown to the waste side and shot out back (like cattle).

Ask yourselves why are retired nfl players fighting for compensation from NFL after dealing with vigorous injuries due to cte to this day. Why are NFL owners usually rich southern white men who use verbiage similar to slave owners. Can you say its the players choice(a ilttle) but at the same time admit that the system is fuck up. The comparisons are there its just people are wearing rose color glasses and don't want to admit to it.

Reactions: ZMaKEa and SeaSnake
ok, so you are trying to lump everything into one fits all approach which can be dangerous b/c there are instances where settling out of court isnt an admission of guilt. You can just decide to settle b/c it's cheaper to than to fight it out in court. Depending on where you stand on this issue will probably influence your thoughts about whether someone is guilty or not.

Also, Kelly's past spans over what...2 decades and some change?

when i tell you the ONLY game I EVER watched of Winston in college was the national championship game and prior to him joining the saints, i ONLY watched the games when the saints played tampa. In other words, Jameis has NEVER been on my radar like that to begin with BUT again, as a tampa fan and I think you're also a Fla State fan (or is that nemesis), I would expect you to know WAY more about him than i do.

But fun fact about me brah, there is a TON of shit that happens on Monday that I have forgotten about on Tuesday. Some things I retain very well, and others just fall by the wayside for a myriad of reasons. If YOU feel that somehow me discontinuing to listen to R.Kelly's music (which btw, he is still in trial for this right? I honestly dont know) to something that barely registered a blip on my radar to begin with, then therein lies the issue. I dont have a database of all the sexual assault cases in my brain. I will agree with you that there are instances where some cases are just more high profile than others. That's not to say those cases arent important to the people who are directly involved with them.

I'm also not in here saying "well, i can separate the player from his acts" like many have said with Kelly. Again, him settling isnt indicative of a guilty verdict. There isnt tape of him assaulting a woman on camera. There arent women in droves claiming he did the same thing to them. There arent documentaries documenting his behavior over a span of 2 decades plus.

I feel like you just wanna call me a hypocrite, but it's just not computing for me.

First off, I like how you carry yourself in disagreements...respect for that.

Back to this. I agree that can be the case, but while most fellas have no problem having 0 sexual assault allegations against them, someone having multiple is a red flag.

If you didn't know about it, then we'll call it no hypocrisy. You know more, so what you do is up to you. The hypocrisy would only be a thing to me if you're not "canceling" one person for their past, but casting stones at others for doing the same thing with the people of their choice.

We're good. That's Nemesis that likes FSU. I don't watch college football.

• Goat
Reactions: AP2.5
Do y'all not have jobs? I dunno why ya'll go to Make Believeland for athletes.

Like I said earlier. Do you have a fully guaranteed multi-year contract at work? Do you have bosses telling you what to do, how to dress at work, where to go, and when to be there? Can your boss fire you?

We all know how jobs operate, but act like it's brand new when you hear the NFL doing it.

Some of ya'll are up here working jobs that pay by the hour, and shouting slavery because a linebackers 5 year contract isn't fully guaranteed.

If we said it’s like slavery would you feel better?

Niggas in here wanna be compared to our ancestors so bad they willing to down play slavery to make themselves more relatable.

Shit is fucking disgusting

• Haha
Reactions: Fightbackmode2005
People in here have a issue with the slave comparison and the argument is but they became rich.

This excuse is vague because for every NFL player who is rich and healthy. There are 20 who are not so lucky, some have themselves to blame but others are due to the amount of punishment that is produce throughout the years.

People usually compare slavery to how cattle is treated. You can share the same comparison to the nfl. You're being put through physical extremes year after year. As soon as your career is done. You might have a happy ending but at the end You are thrown to the waste side and shot out back (like cattle).

Ask yourselves why are retired nfl players fighting for compensation from NFL after dealing with vigorous injuries due to cte to this day. Why are NFL owners usually rich southern white men who use verbiage similar to slave owners. Can you say its the players choice(a ilttle) but at the same time admit that the system is fuck up. The comparisons are there its just people are wearing rose color glasses and don't want to admit to it.

It's beyond just the wealth. Everyone in the NFL is there by choice, being compensated, and free.

There's a pension and money for health issues for retired players. So I'm not sure that counts as being shot out back.

NFL owners are rich white men because buying a franchise cost billions of dollars, and old rich white men are the billionaires.

As far as them all being southern guys that talk like slave owners, I dunno about that. I feel like there are only like 5 owners we hear saying anything.

First off, I like how you carry yourself in disagreements...respect for that.

Back to this. I agree that can be the case, but while most fellas have no problem having 0 sexual assault allegations against them, someone having multiple is a red flag.

If you didn't know about it, then we'll call it no hypocrisy. You know more, so what you do is up to you. The hypocrisy would only be a thing to me if you're not "canceling" one person for their past, but casting stones at others for doing the same thing with the people of their choice.

We're good. That's Nemesis that likes FSU. I don't watch college football.
🤝🏾

Niggas in here wanna be compared to our ancestors so bad they willing to down play slavery to make themselves more relatable.

Shit is fucking disgusting
Fwiw,

I thought the conversation was more about the process involved with grading players and evaluating the slaves before they sell them on the auction block

Not on some "they won't sign me cause it's slavery" 🤷🏾‍♂️

Fwiw,

I thought the conversation was more about the process involved with grading players and evaluating the slaves before they sell them on the auction block

Slavery shouldnt be brought up at all.

Plus College teams lie about kids height and speed all the time.

Justin Jefferson and Chase came out of LSU at 6’3 and now they 6’1 and 6’0.

so nothing should be compared to slavery but slavery.

If we said it’s like slavery would you feel better?

No, it's corny. It's like when people that grow up in nice areas wanna swear they came up in the hood n shit. That's y'all.

You have all this opportunity, money, and freedom but want to compare yourselves to slaves.

Fwiw,

My question about people beefing with that is, why's it different than any other job assessment, or tryout?

I already said this, but they're trying to get a job as an athlete. An athletic assessment makes sense. Mad jobs do this.

And the funny thing is people want these combine numbers when their team drafts players. They'd be excited their team drafted a WR that runs a 4.3, but mad at the process of measuring his time.

• Goat
Reactions: Fightbackmode2005
No, it's corny. It's like when people that grow up in nice areas wanna swear they came up in the hood n shit. That's y'all.

You have all this opportunity, money, and freedom but want to compare yourselves to slaves.

Of course it’s an exaggeration but if you can’t see why they say it and we know the NFL is racist and pretty much most rich white dudes are also racist it’s not a stretch. Now I think this might have been a rumor but they said Jerry Jones was not with any Cowboys taking a knee. Is it wrong to maybe assume he might’ve have hinted at ending careers or other shit?

The NFL said Black people are dumber than White people to avoid paying for the cognitive damages that football causes.

The violent, life altering, professional sports is dominated by Black folks in America for a reason.

It's gladiator fighting, and guess what majority of gladiators were in America - slaves.

• Cap
Reactions: Revolver Ocelot
It not about 2 threads and I already said he talks about kap in a negative light.. I'm not the only one who seen this

Bruh, you're the one that brought up the 2 threads thing. And I don't hide the fact that I think Kap has turned into a fraud. It's like saying you noticed i don't like Winston, haha.

I think he's being fake and dishonest with his, mostly black, supporters.

This is the type of shit I'm talking about too.

"I am still up at 5 a.m. training five, six days a week making sure I'm prepared to take a team to a Super Bowl again," Kaepernick told the publication. "That's not something I will ever let go of, regardless of the actions of 32 teams and their partners to deny me employment. The same way I was persistent in high school is the same way I'm gonna be persistent here."

He just said that a few weeks ago. He just made a Netflix series that compared them to slave owners! Why would he want to work for them again? And why the hell would he still think he may get a call?

It doesn't make sense because there's dishonesty in there. Something is disingenuine.