Welcome To aBlackWeb

John Legend & Chrissy Teigen Lose Baby

Regardless of how you feel about this to pretend it's some new shit being done just for social media is just wrong factually

So they knew it was gonna be a stillbirth? And wheres the picture of that?
I'm confused now.

This bossip ass thread shouldn't be this long yo lol

Yall too old not to know some ppl share their lives on SM. This shouldnt be any weirder than a person sharing a food pic or a cleaning out they garage pic

Yall too old not to know some ppl share their lives on SM. This shouldnt be any weirder than a person sharing a food pic or a cleaning out they garage pic

Lol. Whut?

it's way weirder.

Not everything has to be shared, in fact some things really shouldn't.

It's not uncommon at all for parents who've miscarried or had a still born child to have a picture taken. Sometimes even holding the child...
This is true. It’s the posting it that gets me. I think stuff like that should be personal but that’s me.

when I lost my child, I ain’t share all that. I didn’t have pics taking of me through my depression but I know some folks are very open and put everything out there.

It’s not disturbing to me. I put odd for a reason.

I say disturbing because I've been the man in that place before. As I said earlier in the thread at no point in time, while my fiancee was laid up in a hospital bed after her emergency d & c, did the thought enter my head that this would be a great time to take a picture of her to show people. It takes a really fucked up individual to even consider that this was ok to do to your wife, and further, to post it up for likes and condolences from strangers.

That shit is disturbing to me. If it's odd to you, so be it.

This is true. It’s the posting it that gets me. I think stuff like that should be personal but that’s me.

when I lost my child, I ain’t share all that. I didn’t have pics taking of me through my depression but I know some folks are very open and put everything out there.

I wouldn't do it either but having friends who've had miscarriages and a 1 who had a still birth it's something I've both heard of and seen before. Some people are more open than others. With this I extend more grace than other situations because I know alot of people either dont talk about or simply arent aware of how much a womans body goes through during pregnancy let alone losing a pregnancy. Despite what people may think being open about this stuff does help people who've either been through it and are still grieving or simply making people aware that pregnancy ain't always some smooth sailing event

I say disturbing because I've been the man in that place before. As I said earlier in the thread at no point in time, while my fiancee was laid up in a hospital bed after her emergency d & c, did the thought enter my head that this would be a great time to take a picture of her to show people. It takes a really fucked up individual to even consider that this was ok to do to your wife, and further, to post it up for likes and condolences from strangers.

That shit is disturbing to me. If it's odd to you, so be it.

I see most of the people calling this shit odd or weird have actually been through this with someone. Maybe that's part of the difference in perspectives. My wife lost our third child about halfway through the pregnancy, and it fucked her up for a while. I imagine getting to that point where you think you've hit the homestretch and then still lose is even worse. So that's where we're coming from.

Have any of the people defending this actually been through it? Just curious.

I see most of the people calling this shit odd or weird have actually been through this with someone. Maybe that's part of the difference in perspectives. My wife lost our third child about halfway through the pregnancy, and it fucked her up for a while. I imagine getting to that point where you think you've hit the homestretch and then still lose is even worse. So that's where we're coming from.

dont have to live thru it to feel like its not odd or weird

next

Yes I actually have about 7 years ago..although it shouldn't take that to get that people all grieve and handle pain in different ways.

Yes I actually have about 7 years ago..although it shouldn't take that to get that people all grieve and handle pain in different ways.

No one said people don't grieve in different ways. I just noted that all the people who thought the situation was off were calling in experiences and asked if it was the same for the other side. If you want to respond to my posts you can but leave your interpretations of my motives out of it.

To play DA as far as John and Chrissy go, to some ppl pictures are more than just glorified promotional banners. They are marks of significant moments in the lives of the picture's subjects. John and Chrissy would've had a picture of their son had he been born. To capture a grounding and heartbreaking moment like that is a reminder of the cruelty of life. John and Chrissy didn't expect to come home with nothing but a story about a dead baby. The only downside I see in that is the difficulty of speaking on this publicly they will eventually have to go thru. If they didn't take those pictures, paparazzi would've, and no one wants that for them. I had a sister that passed away the day she was born and I didn't find out til I was damn near an adult. I definitely wouldn't have had a camera all in my mother's face, but sometimes I wish I had more information on that other than a really sad story. I see a woman not even hours away from receiving the worst news of her life trying to hold it together. Now if they started a GoFundMe or some shit like that I'd be on their case. But there's nothing to promote or sell other than the pain both of them will have to deal with for the rest of their lives. Coming from someone who believes that social media is slowly poisoning society, sometimes seeing the pain you're going thru can help you deal with it better. Losing a child is such a lonely feeling, and if you have the support to deal with it (in this case millions of followers) I say use that support the best you can.

Some of yall are so critical. Sometimes too damn critical.

This is her way of showing everyone the pain she & and John just experienced. And there are MILLIONS of women who empathize & sympathized wit her. Women who also experienced that same exact pain they're going thru.

I dislike social as much as the next person. But when it comes to something like a mother losing a child, and wanting open up to the world about her pain...its best to just stand down. Let them be. People greive differently outside this forum you know.

My condolences to her & John.

Is she showing everyone her pain because she genuinely wants to reach out and help other people or is it to feed her own ego?

They are in the public eye and constantly share details about their life, so they want people in their business. People will obviously form opinions about Legend and Chrissy based on the things they share online. I don't see any problem with speaking your mind with no filter. It's perfectly fine to say condolences to her and John but at the same time think that Chrissy is a major narcissist who's addicted to fame and craves constant attention and validation.

Back