Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Joell Ortiz & Kxng Crooked - The Rise and Fall of Slaughterhouse

Damn I wonder what the perception of the album is outside of here ?
I mean they were getting busy production was dope but the subject matter 😬😬 especially if there was a chance of getting the group back on it. They just got off the label just started owning it and within months 2 of them destroyed the foundation.

Damn I wonder what the perception of the album is outside of here ?
I mean they were getting busy production was dope but the subject matter 😬😬 especially if there was a chance of getting the group back on it. They just got off the label just started owning it and within months 2 of them destroyed the foundation.

:lookatthisshit:

Like I said before though, Slaughterhouse wasn't going to do mainstream numbers like G-Unit did b/c guys like Royce, Joell, & Crooked while they are true lyricist they can't craft together catchy songs w/catchy hook like Smile, Stunt 101, & Wanna Get To Know Ya etc., See it's a difference in make songs that will pop on the mainstream level than making songs and just doing a bunch of rapping over beats.

That's an unfair comparison and if the label thought it was another G-Unit then smh. From 2002 to 2004, 50 Cent was probably the greatest writer of catchy hooks that hip-hop has ever seen. He also had an ear for beats when the Dr. Dre/Mel-Man production team was at the peak of its powers. Finally he had this crazy public image in the culture of a guy who basically came back from the dead for revenge like Jason or Spawn or some shit. We'll never see that combination of star power in a rapper again imho.....at least not one from New York lol.

Slaughterhouse should have been approached like.....a "prestige picture" rather than a Hollywood blockbuster.

But if you're TRYING to make it mainstream then what the hell? Pay Chris Brown instead of SKYLAR GRAY for a feature you rich fucks.

Let's not act you can't figuratively and literally buy radio airtime lol.

Since I listened to this thing.....twice....I'll rate it:

Lyricism - 8.5/10

Production - 5.5/10

Album Cohesiveness - 9/10

Replay Value - 3.5/10

Overall - 6.5/10

The story here is put together nice, but there's TOO much crying and bitching on this album.
The song "Backstage" encapsulates this to a tee:

"Joe, you thought you was the head gambino
Made decisions with no regard for the next man, we know (We know)
That Rollie lit up nice, it had the large dial
But you was on your ish for that ice just like you are now
Royce, we was pretty tight and you got around Mike
And let him sell you Joell lies at a discount price
But you know Quick, nigga, the block enforcer
Only thing you had up on me was that rocket launche
r"

Joell, in particular, seems excessively bitter on this album. That's why I said initially this whole thing was sad; Joell should've did what Royce did, which was chalk all this SH as a good ride, and focus more one his solo stuff, reaching out to Crook or Royce when it was needed. Not to defend Joe, but RAFOSH has Bitter Bitch Syndrome literally written everywhere on it. Plus some of the vocalist features weren't up to snuff. I could've done without Sly Piper on "Flood Waters."

The "Look Mama" song was a really good bright spot here. THAT's what this album should've had more of; SH broke up, so what? What's in the future, rather than what was in the past. 2-3 songs about the break up would've seems to fit everything well, then the rest of the project should've focused on the next moves to be made.

I'm still a fan of all four of these dudes, and this whole thing sucks, but Joell and Crooked need to do better than this.

Personal Favorite Tracks: Backstage, Fukglasshouse, Look Mama

I couldn't even get close to listening to the 2nd half of the album. All 4 of these dudes are clowns for even engaging in this back & forth non-sense. These dudes had a hot run when they started and they couldn't keep the momentum going for w/e reason.

Back