Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Joell Ortiz & Kxng Crooked - The Rise and Fall of Slaughterhouse

Dope album. The venting didn't bother me. They're such good lyrist that none of it really came off as a diss.....even tho I think Crook really want to battle Joe..."Rap about it".

Turned this album off 5 songs in. I liked slaughterhouse when they were out but they weren’t nearly as good or impactful for them to keep doing all this bullshit 10 years later. I get it, slaughterhouse is over. Get over it. We don’t need a whole album of this shit
That’s what I’m saying. The first 5 songs were about Slaughterhouse that shit is a chore to get through and I loved this group at one point. Like one song two at the most was all that was needed to vent then move on. Nas didn’t make a whole Ether album. Why is this needed?

Not surprised at all I get it I’m just saying I don’t think they needed a whole album of burning the Slaughterhouse brand to the ground. 2 tracks and keep it moving

Word. First two tracks they released were the most memorable from the album.. and FukGlassHouse

I didn’t pay attention to this rollout at all. Honestly just found out about this album when Joe told Joel the album can suck his dick. Which now that I think about it explains how they pretty much did this album for attention. Even still slaughterhouse was a failed group over 10 years ago. It don’t need all this.

Since I listened to this thing.....twice....I'll rate it:

Lyricism - 8.5/10

Production - 5.5/10

Album Cohesiveness - 9/10

Replay Value - 3.5/10

Overall - 6.5/10

The story here is put together nice, but there's TOO much crying and bitching on this album. The song "Backstage" encapsulates this to a tee:

"Joe, you thought you was the head gambino
Made decisions with no regard for the next man, we know (We know)
That Rollie lit up nice, it had the large dial
But you was on your ish for that ice just like you are now
Royce, we was pretty tight and you got around Mike
And let him sell you Joell lies at a discount price
But you know Quick, nigga, the block enforcer
Only thing you had up on me was that rocket launche
r"

Joell, in particular, seems excessively bitter on this album. That's why I said initially this whole thing was sad; Joell should've did what Royce did, which was chalk all this SH as a good ride, and focus more one his solo stuff, reaching out to Crook or Royce when it was needed. Not to defend Joe, but RAFOSH has Bitter Bitch Syndrome literally written everywhere on it. Plus some of the vocalist features weren't up to snuff. I could've done without Sly Piper on "Flood Waters."

The "Look Mama" song was a really good bright spot here. THAT's what this album should've had more of; SH broke up, so what? What's in the future, rather than what was in the past. 2-3 songs about the break up would've seems to fit everything well, then the rest of the project should've focused on the next moves to be made.

I'm still a fan of all four of these dudes, and this whole thing sucks, but Joell and Crooked need to do better than this.

Personal Favorite Tracks: Backstage, Fukglasshouse, Look Mama

Last edited:
I think this is a case of what happens when two people out of a four person group makes more money outside the group, and two people make the most money they ever made with the group.

Then two of them cant ever let this go cause it was the most money they ever made. The other two been let it go cause they making more money now than they did then.

Exactly. Joelle just put out a album that got completely overshadowed by all this

Turned this album off 5 songs in. I liked slaughterhouse when they were out but they weren’t nearly as good or impactful for them to keep doing all this bullshit 10 years later. I get it, slaughterhouse is over. Get over it. We don’t need a whole album of this shit

Yeah this album ain't it. I thought they would give us an album(EP) that was on the level of HARD from 2 yrs ago. This would have been cool if they left the venting tracks to about 2-3 at most. They got like half if not most of the album crying on tracks. Ridiculous. And I was a fan of Slaughterhouse.

Back