Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Joell Ortiz & Kxng Crooked - The Rise and Fall of Slaughterhouse

I wish joe would've put that pen on Em but whatever. I think royce has a problem with joell. He NEVER raps with him If it's not within the group format. He's never on royce albums. Unless I'm missing out forgetting a song. But RJ pane, Graf, ransom all get verses.

I wish joe would've put that pen on Em but whatever. I think royce has a problem with joell. He NEVER raps with him If it's not within the group format. He's never on royce albums. Unless I'm missing out forgetting a song. But RJ pane, Graf, ransom all get verses.
So from what I gather from the aforementioned Royce post, Joell and Crook got a deal for a duo project or some shit but had to cut out all obligations to SH... and Royce is mad about it? Sounds reachy at best, petty at worst and not enough to post that emotionally elaborate shit or shoot a darkly lit video with random ppl singing your song like John Lennon just died. I thought them niggas been broke up... who cares how ppl are doing business when y'all have put out music as a group in almost a decade? Speaking of Ransom and them, they should've kept SH open and added new members... even some that they tried to before. Wasn't Bun B supposed to be one of them? Nino Bless was better than most of them niggas anyway.

Nino was better than who🤣🤣 I was definitely against Bun B being in the group. He didn't fit. I think royce mad because they really killing the group based on the 1st song and visual. They could've just formed a duo and kept it pushing. But this path is great for marketing

I'll definitely give this a listen when it drops. Slaughterhouse problems kinda started when they signed on to Shady (Em wasn't the problem). Then Joe started talking out the side of his neck about Em.

Collectively as a rap group Slaughterhouse was hard like G-Unit but they wasn't going to ever have mainstream appeal though.

Nah that Shady album was a complete disaster.

It was like every producer gave their worst effort. Em is credited as a co-producer on almost every track. Does the fact that Eminem lives in denial about how mediocre a beatmaker he is have anything to do with that? Hmmmmmm 🤔 We report, you decide. Hit Boy's beat on there was fucking turrible lol. Skylar Gray has been one of the most consistently annoying things about the past decade of lukewarm Eminem albums, NOBODY likes this hoe except Em, but there she is doing her generic white girl singing on the Slaughterhouse album. Even the fucking album cover looked like a shitty mixtape cover a middle schooler made in a photoshop class. Em's feature appearances themselves were forgettable.

Nah, Joe was right about this. But that's Royce old friend and Crook has apparently decided that Marshall Mathers is the one rich white man in the world who can do no wrong. The most Crook will ever admit in public is that "Em shoulda did a tour with us". Like my nigga.....he shoulda gave yall that and far more.....

They shoulda dropped the acapellas to that shit and let the fans makes better beats in FLstudio or Ableton lol, let them do mashups damn

For God's sake tho, let some crypto group or billionaire buy and release those Glass House masters.

Last edited:
Nah that Shady album was a complete disaster.

It was like every producer gave their worst effort. Em is credited as a co-producer on almost every track. Does the fact that Eminem lives in denial about how mediocre a beatmaker he is have anything to do with that? Hmmmmmm 🤔 We report, you decide. Hit Boy's beat on there was fucking turrible lol. Skylar Gray has been one of the most consistently annoying things about the past decade of lukewarm Eminem albums, NOBODY likes this hoe except Em, but there she is doing her generic white girl singing on the Slaughterhouse album. Even the fucking album cover looked like a shitty mixtape cover a middle schooler made in a photoshop class. Em's feature appearances themselves were forgettable.

Nah, Joe was right about this. But that's Royce old friend and Crook has apparently decided that Marshall Mathers is the one rich white man in the world who can do no wrong. The most Crook will ever admit in public is that "Em shoulda did a tour with us". Like my nigga.....he shoulda gave yall that and far more.....

They shoulda dropped the acapellas to that shit and let the fans makes better beats in FLstudio or Ableton lol, let them do mashups damn

For God's sake tho, let some crypto group or billionaire buy and release those Glass House masters.

I understand some criticisms about Em and some of his albums being mediocre or bad b/c I still have some issues with the original release of Relapse, MMLP2 was lackluster, and I understand what he was trying to do on Revival but that just wasn't it. I do agree that Em isn't the best producer and producing isn't his strongest suit and was kinda on that last SH album kinda heavy. Skylar Grey is cool in doses but you can't totally blame Em for the failure of that album.

Like I said before though, Slaughterhouse wasn't going to do mainstream numbers like G-Unit did b/c guys like Royce, Joell, & Crooked while they are true lyricist they can't craft together catchy songs w/catchy hook like Smile, Stunt 101, & Wanna Get To Know Ya etc., See it's a difference in make songs that will pop on the mainstream level than making songs and just doing a bunch of rapping over beats.

I don't think Slaughterhouse would have lasted too much longer because of Budden himself. Dude cannot get along with anybody it seems and they end up eventually distancing themselves from him and finding success elsewhere.

Back