Welcome To aBlackWeb

Jim Brown: Black community 'has a responsibility' to look inward, not blame Trump

This guy has destroyed his legacy an an activist. This has gotten worse than I could have imagined. He looks like a hollow puppet being held up by strings a that bullshit press conference. I wish he was the one who died instead of Ali. No I am not wrong for that.

Maybe he has dementia? I can not believe he is rational right now.

If you say white supremacy don’t exist then white supremacy gets you, then I can’t acknowledge that as a reason for your downfall. He said don’t blame the white man take personal accountability for your problems. So I’m taking what Cosby said and using it in his situation and you mad at that? The man himself said white supremacy isn’t an excuse so don’t use it as an excuse to absolve Cosby. He wouldn’t want that anyway. Because it goes against what Cosby believes, which is personal accountability. So now he’s in a jail cell taking his personal accountability.
please point out to me where anyone said it doesnt exist.

ill wait

please point out to me where anyone said it doesnt exist.

ill wait

You going to be waiting a long time. This what I find funny about this. Some of these niggas can decipher subliminal disses in raps and break down the meaning of rap lyrics like it ain't shit. But because something Cosby said hurt their feelings or they didn't like it. They are choosing to not really look at what he is said.

White people have put in a system that targets black people. We all know that(so does Cosby) even white people. At the same time it's really not the white man's fault if I get caught with an illegal gun, drugs, shooting up a neighborhood, killing someone, etc. It's fucked up that we get racially profiled and some black people would've never been caught committing a crime if they weren't profiled racially and plenty of white people get away with crimes because they aren't profiled racially. Even with all that said it is still said person's choice to commit a crime and no matter the system in place that ain't the white man's fault that people choose to commit crimes.

It's all the way fucked up that the system put in place by white people makes some black people feel like choosing a life of crime is the best option for them but it's still a choice and they have other options but crime is the option they chose.

Yes the system is in place and in full effect but I still have to be personally accountable for MY choices and actions regardless of that system. That system is not forcing anybody to do anything.

That is how I look at it and took it and why I never had a problem with what Cosby said.

Last edited:
Great example and point.

and this is where i come from with it.

some of these dudes are robbin together black people just to rob black people.

niggas aint doing it to survive.
when the last time a nigga been robbed by a nigga with old shoes?
It's a thin line between survival and greed. Also, we have to factor in the lack of education, resources, and patience in the black community.

You going to be waiting a long time. This what I find funny about this. Some of these niggas can decipher subliminal disses in raps and break down the meaning of rap lyrics like it ain't shit. But because something Cosby said hurt their feelings or they didn't like it. They are choosing to not really look at what he is said.

White people have put in a system that targets black people. We all know that(so does Cosby) even white people. At the same time it's really not the white man's fault if I get caught with an illegal gun, drugs, shooting up a neighborhood, killing someone, etc. It's fucked up that we get racially profiled and some black people would've never been caught committing a crime if they weren't profiled racially and plenty of white people get away with crimes because they aren't profiled racially. Even with all that said it is still said person's choice to commit a crime and no matter the system in place that ain't the white man's fault that people choose to commit crimes.

It's all the way fucked up that the system put in place by white people makes some black people feel like choosing a life of crime is the best option for them but it's still a choice and they have other options but crime is the option they chose.

Yes the system is in place and if full effect but I still have to be personally accountable for MY choices and actions regardless of that system. That system is not forcing anybody to do anything.

That is how I look at it and took it and why I never had a problem with what Cosby said.
i see it the same way.....

i also see it as the people who went out and got jobs cant say the white man didnt allow them to get jobs or the white man allowed them to get outta bed. thats what personal accountability is...and some people dont even realize it. yet they want to defend a nigga who rather kill people saying its the white man fault. like i real shit look at how some of these niggas was raised.....what man in their life told them to black a white man for everything?

it dont matter what control he has or what he planted somewhere....you still can make a rational decision.

kinda like in that thread someone made that said if a naked chick was walking down the street would you rape her. niggas was on some i'd think about it but wouldnt.
thats a person lack of self control and what someone told them they needed and now its ingrained to go after it by any means.

niggas stay telling on they self.

and while im at it......i hear niggas say the give their time at soup kitchens and shit.....but if you aint ever go deep into a hood and try to convince black men that they are better and bigger than the hood....all you did was scoop potatoes for a few hours.
if niggas aint never dealt with the mental damage that was done not just by the corrupt system but also by parents and the communities.

its alot people have to fight against and its not brought to the forefront....only white supremacy.

and i always say.....until you actually get out and look at whats in the world...you will see that the black americans have it better than any other black culture in the world. yet we seem to overlook our greatness because its not what we want it to look like so it doesnt exist.

niggas in love with the image of making it but not the hard work that goes into it because the white man is stopping them...but they still like to look like the white man didnt stop them,

It's a thin line between survival and greed. Also, we have to factor in the lack of education, resources, and patience in the black community.
great thousand goat worthy post.

patience......
is key
Ti said it great in his breakfast club interview.
he said niggas so used to flippin shit to double their money that doing something an only making 25% seems like a waste of time.

he also said...that when he went back in the hood and fixed up houses to rent out....a few years later it was a crack house again.

and he felt like why try.

an here we have yet another black person getting fed up with trying to help. but soon he will be called a coon for not helping.
how about people help themselves? at some point you need to know when to shut the fuck up and just be thankful and take care of what someone donated or helped you with.

lack of resources will be because niggas dont take care of shit. you would have to sift thru all the fuckery to find people who will actually utilize the help being offered. its not always gonna equal to rich and famous lifestyle....but it was a helping hand.

and lack of education. while i can say its partly the govts fault...but its also part of the parents and part of the communities fault.
no one is fighting for a harder cirriculum when you child is getting all A's. but if he cant read.....do those A's matter? internet is everywhere...i learned alot from it. if you can use it to set up ass....then you can use it to set up learning something.

which goes back to my point of.....who is in these people lives that they are not making shit important?

someone has to stop the cycle. but who.
poor see those with money as thinking they better
those with money see the poor as beneath them
those in the middle dont want to be fucked with by either, they just want to be happy.
and those who do try to help are getting frustrated.

so whats the solution?

Alot of different opinions in here but what we gotta remember is that everyone has personal experiences that shape their reality. @Sion spoke on his issues being called white because he sounds and speaks intelligent so future conversations he is very sensitive to others who had the whole biracial or "blackness" thing. @DOS_patos spoken about his past and how him not coming from much and finding success and seeing different parts of the world changed his view on the black community.

Hell, I told stories about me growing up in new Orleans and having terrible influencers around yet through God, patience, and faith I was able to keep afloat and found pride in having a lack of "hood nigga" or accent or whatever.

My point is at the end of the day we all come from different backgrounds, we as black folks have to understand and keep that in mind. One way of going about it may be totally different for another person don't make it wrong. But what wrong is killing others, and poisoning your community when the resources are given. I've seen it, but folks didn't wanna work hard for it because a quick cash and greed played a big factor.

In all honesty I don't know the answers to fix the black communities that's struggling, my girl discuss this all the time, but one thing black folks gotta do is not to expect others to react how they will because some of us are just plain anomalies within this shit, so we have to find ways to help and be more patient with our brothers and sisters instead of the telling them to do what we did.

It was his choice to hang out with white women and do drugs so maybe if he was content with Camille then his choice wouldn’t land him in prison where he’s now forced to take personal accountability for his choices. What’s there to decipher? He said don’t blame the white man aka don’t blame white supremacy. So I’m wrong for holding him accountable for his words? If a nigga said he don’t eat meat but I catch him gobbling down a steak I’m wrong for pointing that out?

Alot of different opinions in here but what we gotta remember is that everyone has personal experiences that shape their reality. @Sion spoke on his issues being called white because he sounds and speaks intelligent so future conversations he is very sensitive to others who had the whole biracial or "blackness" thing. @DOS_patos spoken about his past and how him not coming from much and finding success and seeing different parts of the world changed his view on the black community.

Hell, I told stories about me growing up in new Orleans and having terrible influencers around yet through God, patience, and faith I was able to keep afloat and found pride in having a lack of "hood nigga" or accent or whatever.

My point is at the end of the day we all come from different backgrounds, we as black folks have to understand and keep that in mind. One way of going about it may be totally different for another person don't make it wrong. But what wrong is killing others, and poisoning your community when the resources are given. I've seen it, but folks didn't wanna work hard for it because a quick cash and greed played a big factor.

In all honesty I don't know the answers to fix the black communities that's struggling, my girl discuss this all the time, but one thing black folks gotta do is not to expect others to react how they will because some of us are just plain anomalies within this shit, so we have to find ways to help and be more patient with our brothers and sisters instead of the telling them to do what we did.

Good post!

There is no absolutes though, just because a few black people were able to make it out it don’t mean everybody will/should be as lucky. Niggas don’t do crime for the sake of it and the same people doing crime is fully aware that it’s wrong and know the consequences if/when they’re caught. That’s why they have a code of no women and children. I’m looking at the bigger picture I’m looking at who’s putting the guns and drugs into these communities knowing how some disenfranchised people will take the bait. Those are our enemies the ones that put bait trucks in black communities knowing poor black people will be tempted to take the bait. But they don’t put drugs and guns in white communities nor are there bait trucks. There is no system to protect random drug dealers so I’m not worried about them, I’m worried about the people who make laws and pass bills to further subjugate black people.

respect......

and you are absolutely right about everything.
its alot of problems and not a single way to fix so many things. but i do think we need to try to do is stop whats hurting us and blinding us from seeing who we are and why we are great.

thing is everyone else can see it. and thats why we are copied. and real talk....we are probed for ideas because we are creative.
why is it that everyone can make millions off of us but us?

we always seeing the surface shit and nothing deeper.

It was his choice to hang out with white women and do drugs so maybe if he was content with Camille then his choice wouldn’t land him in prison where he’s now forced to take personal accountability for his choices. What’s there to decipher? He said don’t blame the white man aka don’t blame white supremacy. So I’m wrong for holding him accountable for his words? If a nigga said he don’t eat meat but I catch him gobbling down a steak I’m wrong for pointing that out?
the problem is you using this to fit your narrative.
he admits to being with the women and giving shit...but he also said they knew what they was getting. so the chicks lying and him being a target because he was helping the black community is the hill you want to die on?

why do you think hes a target bruh? white supremacy or because he helped many black people rise above where the system wanted them?

and i have yet to hear him in his own words say...he blames white people.

and while you are arguing why he deserves jail....i guess you have no character flaws? so he cheated on his wife.....how do we know what type of agreement they had? did you read these "raped" chicks stories? did you even read the pound cake speech? you are speaking from anger and revenge...

keep it 100

There is no absolutes though, just because a few black people were able to make it out it don’t mean everybody will/should be as lucky. Niggas don’t do crime for the sake of it and the same people doing crime is fully aware that it’s wrong and know the consequences if/when they’re caught. That’s why they have a code of no women and children. I’m looking at the bigger picture I’m looking at who’s putting the guns and drugs into these communities knowing how some disenfranchised people will take the bait. Those are our enemies the ones that put bait trucks in black communities knowing poor black people will be tempted to take the bait. But they don’t put drugs and guns in white communities nor are there bait trucks. There is no system to protect random drug dealers so I’m not worried about them, I’m worried about the people who make laws and pass bills to further subjugate black people.
and where are the parents that should have raised a child with enough self respect to not fall for what ever someone puts in front of them?
where is the community, that steers these kids and men in another direction?
who are the guns and drugs going to come back to? so why didnt anyone stop them from doing it?

so i guess a naked woman walking down the street can be raped because she was a plant and they know aint no chicks round here?

dont matter who put what where....as a community..we should know better than to utlilize those weapons against us then complain the weapons was used against us.

the problem is you using this to fit your narrative.
he admits to being with the women and giving shit...but he also said they knew what they was getting. so the chicks lying and him being a target because he was helping the black community is the hill you want to die on?

why do you think hes a target bruh? white supremacy or because he helped many black people rise above where the system wanted them?

and i have yet to hear him in his own words say...he blames white people.

and while you are arguing why he deserves jail....i guess you have no character flaws? so he cheated on his wife.....how do we know what type of agreement they had? did you read these "raped" chicks stories? did you even read the pound cake speech? you are speaking from anger and revenge...

keep it 100
He said he did drugs with women his own words bruh, what exactly am I twisting here? White supremacy is why Bill was targeted is in jail now, but since Bill said never to blame the white man therefore I’m not going to use white supremacy as an excuse for what happened to him. I never heard him blame the white man either but y’all are blaming the white man and all I’m doing is pointing out the irony, the very thing that he claimed don’t exist was the very thing that took him down. That’s been my point this entire time, I’m doubling down because of y’all double standards. We all have character flaws some more minor/major than the others. And I never said he deserves to be in jail. And lastly I can’t speak on any arrangements between he and his wife that’s getting into speculation mode.

and where are the parents that should have raised a child with enough self respect to not fall for what ever someone puts in front of them?
White supremacy separated the black families.

where is the community, that steers these kids and men in another direction?
who are the guns and drugs going to come back to? so why didnt anyone stop them from doing it?
White supremacy destroyed those communities with laws and burning them down.

So they can lock up black people. Put guns and drugs in communities, wait for them to do crime then lock them up, turn around use them for cheap jail labor rinse and repeat.

so i guess a naked woman walking down the street can be raped because she was a plant and they know aint no chicks round here?
This is a straw man argument. I’m not entertaining this illogical fallacy.

dont matter who put what where....as a community..we should know better than to utlilize those weapons against us then complain the weapons was used against us.
There is no black community. All we have is a place where black people reside because those black people cant afford to live anywhere else. There’s a reason they don’t put bait trucks, or put guns and drugs in white, Asian or Jewish communities. They know black people are disenfranchised and some will take the bait due to their current circumstances.

I been around blacks dudes and Latinos from all over the US and 1 common theme is being educated is looked down on.

10-15 years it was worst though.

Back