Welcome To aBlackWeb

Jayz and Basquiat have one thing in common....

I don’t mean this as disrespect because we’ve all fallen victim, some more so than others, but you did that because rich white people set that as a status symbol.

That’s why I stay away from all luxury brands that are only luxury for the sake of luxury. I have a BMW and Benz because the engineering and design in their cars are top notch to me. But diamonds, clothes, purses, shoes, etc. don’t offer much outside of being a status symbol as defined by white people.
Cool, no disrespect taken.
But we gotta stop thinking white people place the standard as something to measure against.
As if black people don’t have tastes outside of white people. Jewelry has been celebrated since the beginning of time. Ancient Egyptians had gold fronts.

iPhones out here costing a whole G. Who made it a status symbol?

people got mustangs when a Hyundai can do same just slower and cheaper.

dudes out here getting million dollar homes in gated communities.....is that a white thing? Having a door man in a high rise is only white people stuff?

we can say every and any thing is being like white people status. At the end....what are we really saying about black people?

Yes, they are. You literally get an internet connection, email, calculators etc on top of being to call and text. Most places don't do paper applications for jobs let alone other things like food stamps, medical insurance, and loans.

In the first world, a smart phone is very much a need.
So a pc and rotary ain’t good enough for your tastes?

pay phone and library computer is beneath you?

you stuntin on third world people josh?
Never thought I’d see the day

But we gotta stop thinking white people place the standard as something to measure against.
As if black people don’t have tastes outside of white people. Jewelry has been celebrated since the beginning of time. Ancient Egyptians had gold fronts.

dudes out here getting million dollar homes in gated communities.....is that a white thing? Having a door man in a high rise is only white people stuff?

we can say every and any thing is being like white people status. At the end....what are we really saying about black people?
False equivalencies in my opinion. All of those things you named serve a function. A more expensive car typically comes with better engine, better features, etc.

Phones have made life 100x more efficient by putting information, organization, entertainment, etc. in the palms of our hands.

A home in a gated community or with a doorman is a safety thing. And typically million dollar homes have amenities that can be used and enjoyed. Hi rises too and they are convenient to the city.

A diamond is a stone. That’s it. It serves no other function but to be a status symbol, one that was established by white people. Designer brand clothing is no more well put together or warmer, etc. than certain cheaper clothing brands. People only spend all of that money on those brands because white people have established them as a status symbol.

And it’s not just because it’s white, it’s also because they snubbed us forever and didn’t want to be associated with us for decades.

False equivalencies in my opinion. All of those things you named serve a function. A more expensive car typically comes with better engine, better features, etc.

Phones have made life 100x more efficient by putting information, organization, entertainment, etc. in the palms of our hands.

A home in a gated community or with a doorman is a safety thing. And typically million dollar homes have amenities that can be used and enjoyed. Hi rises too and they are convenient to the city.

A diamond is a stone. That’s it. It serves no other function but to be a status symbol, one that was established by white people. Designer brand clothing is no more well put together or warmer, etc. than certain cheaper clothing brands. People only spend all of that money on those brands because white people have established them as a status symbol.

And it’s not just because it’s white, it’s also because they snubbed us forever and didn’t want to be associated with us for decades.
Oh you want smoke smoke

a cheap car with a good warranty is just that. Expensive cars mostly are not bought because of better engines....cut that out.

all the other stuff is extra and not needed.
I don’t really need a warm ass living in Florida, so why I need heated seats.

all the other things mentioned are statussymbols in certain ways.

but back to jewelry. It has always been what people like. That’s not just a white thing.

do you want to speak about marketing? Because beats by Dre was marketed as some out wasn’t, an it also a status symbol. Can’t tell me over night all these niggas turned into high quality ear having people.

tell me that I bought it to stunt and I’ll take that. I just have issue with “because white people” stuff

1*XRa2SMveRrEtfEyfODHrcA.png

This is niggas everyday up here

Oh you want smoke smoke

a cheap car with a good warranty is just that. Expensive cars mostly are not bought because of better engines....cut that out.

all the other stuff is extra and not needed.
I don’t really need a warm ass living in Florida, so why I need heated seats.

all the other things mentioned are statussymbols in certain ways.

but back to jewelry. It has always been what people like. That’s not just a white thing.

do you want to speak about marketing? Because beats by Dre was marketed as some out wasn’t, an it also a status symbol. Can’t tell me over night all these niggas turned into high quality ear having people.

tell me that I bought it to stunt and I’ll take that. I just have issue with “because white people” stuff
You think it’s a stunt because white people said it’s a stunt.

:js4:

Tell me one Black person you know that would see that and either know it’s a Tiffany diamond and/or care.

I don’t want to make it personal with you because you don’t seem to be on that kind of time. Just getting to the bottom of why we think something is valuable.

You can do whatever you want with your money.

But in America it's set up like this; There are certain tax brackets.

For the 2020 tax year, there are seven federal tax brackets: 10%, 12%, 22%, 24%, 32%, 35% and 37%. Your filing status and taxable income (such as your wages) will determine what bracket you're in.

If you make over $10 million, you'd be in the 37% tax bracket. However, you can donate money to charity to offset the amount you owe in taxes. For example, if you owe, say, $100k in taxes, you can donate $100k to the Nation of Islam and pay the IRS nothing. Or you can donate to Red Cross, or any 501 (C)3 corporation.

Having said that, as long as they've either a) paid their taxes or, b) donated enough to a 501 (c)3 corporation they can do whatever they want with their money.

It's not like they're buying diamonds and not paying taxes. Jay Z and Beyonce probably pay more taxes and donate more to charity than everybody on this messageboard combined. So if they wanna buy diamonds, as long as they've either paid their taxes or donated to charity they can do whatever they want with their money.

View attachment 625107View attachment 625108

Soooo...when should we be expecting folks to double back and give the same kinda backlash for Gaga and Gal?

Bruh, it's been a while since I seen someone miss the point this badly.

Neither Lady Gaga or Gal Gadot are expected to give a shit about black issues. A lot of black people have (foolishly) put Jay and Bey up on some kinda pro-black pedestal. The backlash is a result of that.

Are smart phones really needed or is it just convenient communication?

the world was spinning before the 90’s.

any one talk about the Chinese sweatshops that push Asians to suicidal outside the apple offices?

how about the $600 Jordan’s made by people making $3 a day making 10 pairs a day.

Should I go on?

Why you always do this when folks complain about the fucked up shit from capitalism that we all deal with? It feel like you really just want noggas to shut up and accept that somebody has to be exploited somebody has to be a slave and that’s just how it’s gonna be and somehow that’s the best way.

Nothing wrong with shiny rocks but if you knowingly for a fact somebody died to make them would you still buy it? Yes African royalty wore diamonds and gold but royalty by definition is oppressive and exclusive

Bruh, it's been a while since I seen someone miss the point this badly.

Neither Lady Gaga or Gal Gadot are expected to give a shit about black issues. A lot of black people have (foolishly) put Jay and Bey up on some kinda pro-black pedestal. The backlash is a result of that.

Soooo...thats Jay & Beyoncé fault?? Did they anoint themselves King & Queen of all things Afro-American?

My point was, it was ok for Gaga and Gal to rock it. No one gave two flying 747 fuccs about that rock...who wore it...or that Tiffany's had it. No barrage of tweets. No headlines. Oh but b/c it was wrapped around Beyoncé neck...NOW everyone care where it came from. Smh. Hell...majority of the people who are outraged didn't even know that diamond existed.

AND YES...Gaga and Gal should be expected to give a fucc about black issues. Black folks buy Gaga's music just as much as the other races. And last I saw...black folks was in theaters when Wonder Woman dropped. Only thing I'm sayin is...give that same energy towards the women who wore that diamond b4 Beyoncé. A blood diamond is still a blood diamond, regardless who's neck it's around. It didn't just transform into one when it touched Beyonce's body.

But however. This fake outrage will blow over like every other fake outrage...until the next one. What Jay & Beyonce do wit their lives has no effect on my life, or a lot yall. Yes folks need to stop puttin Jay & Beyonce on that pedestal you mentioned. But they also need to stop gettin mad at them...b/c they're living THEIR lives the way they see fit. Instead of needing approval from folks on how they should move about in society.

Hell...they've done a helluva lot for black folks than the ones "outraged" over this stupid azzz Tiffany ad. Can't wait til they do an ad campaign for Zale's. Lol!!

Anywhoo...thats my 2 cents. See yall at the Tiffany's protest.

Soooo...thats Jay & Beyoncé fault?? Did they anoint themselves King & Queen of all things Afro-American?

My point was, it was ok for Gaga and Gal to rock it. No one gave two flying 747 fuccs about that rock...who wore it...or that Tiffany's had it. No barrage of tweets. No headlines. Oh but b/c it was wrapped around Beyoncé neck...NOW everyone care where it came from. Smh. Hell...majority of the people who are outraged didn't even know that diamond existed.

AND YES...Gaga and Gal should be expected to give a fucc about black issues. Black folks buy Gaga's music just as much as the other races. And last I saw...black folks was in theaters when Wonder Woman dropped. Only thing I'm sayin is...give that same energy towards the women who wore that diamond b4 Beyoncé. A blood diamond is still a blood diamond, regardless who's neck it's around. It didn't just transform into one when it touched Beyonce's body.

But however. This fake outrage will blow over like every other fake outrage...until the next one. What Jay & Beyonce do wit their lives has no effect on my life, or a lot yall. Yes folks need to stop puttin Jay & Beyonce on that pedestal you mentioned. But they also need to stop gettin mad at them...b/c they're living THEIR lives the way they see fit. Instead of needing approval from folks on how they should move about in society.

Hell...they've done a helluva lot for black folks than the ones "outraged" over this stupid azzz Tiffany ad. Can't wait til they do an ad campaign for Zale's. Lol!!

Anywhoo...thats my 2 cents. See yall at the Tiffany's protest.

Beyonce is black last time I checked... with African heritage/ancestry and she currently pro-black and "woke" ...

Gaga and Gadot are Caucasians... primarily seen as global colonialists and plunderers

It ain't hard to tell

Beyonce is black last time I checked... with African heritage/ancestry and she currently pro-black and "woke" ...

Gaga and Gadot are Caucasians... primarily seen as global colonialists and plunderers

It ain't hard to tell

I'm talkin about the outrage. So Gal and Gaga get a pass then. Just b/c they're non-black. Cool

Back