Welcome To aBlackWeb

Jayz and Basquiat have one thing in common....

True but They weight and up like that yet lol
There are a lot of Tiffany pieces that aren't so expensive that they aren't accesible to "thousandaires" or even working class people.

Tiffany heart necklaces and bracelets (real and knockoff lol) were very popular in the 2000s...so popular at one time that they were looked at as "basic" lol

They recently put out a video to a track they made with Childish Gambino, the video was so...weak. They just take motifs and symbols of European royalty and color it with an African crayon. With all the shit that black people are dealing with and they are out here playing fantasy. "Look at our butlers, they're white! Isn't that provocative?" 🙄

People talk about Kanye's ego a lot, but hardly ever these two.

People angry at Capitalism is legit hilarious to me.

And 99% do it capitalist platforms.

Twitter/IG
Their Galaxy or Iphone
Or their computers

^ All multi billion dollar entities................
jayzbiglaugh2.png

Folk have to come to terms with the fact that mindful as you may be. There are a ton of people out here that ain’t. There are a ton of people that look at those pics as “goals” or “motivation”. There are a ton of people that don’t wanna leave the safety of the matrix. It gives them purpose, security, and common ground. You can rant and rave but you’re not gonna wake them up. Best you can do if find like minded people and surround yourself with them. And Jay Z and Beyoncé know what they are doing, they are in the marketing meetings where the talk is as real as it gets when it comes to speaking about selling to the public. Look…they don’t care, the ends justifies the means to them. Whatever fallout that comes from what they and others like them do..they feel like if they make themselves wealthy enough the fallout won’t affect them. It’s like Lebron James doing sprite commercials. And I tell you what, there’s nothing more I wanna do on a 90 degree day during a break of a full court run. Then to hit the side line and take a nice deep swig of some sprite. Then leave and go eat some McDonalds.

I don’t equate this with black capitalism, but more so lending our blackness for the profits of very wealthy and probably very racist whites. And that’s that bullshit.

These luxury brands have looked down their nose at black people throughout history and now want to use us to sale their shitty products? They can get the hell on with that shit.

I’m ashamed that Jay and Beyoncé would do this with all of the pro-black shit they be on. Imagine if they put their stamp on a black owned company.

Only thing that could smooth this over is if they use the money they made to help black people in a very substantial and public way.

does anyone kno where this fascination with Basquiat came from wit Jay? He kept putting dude name in his bars for some time, collecting the artwork and now wearing his hair like dude.. did I miss something?

does anyone kno where this fascination with Basquiat came from wit Jay? He kept putting dude name in his bars for some time, collecting the artwork and now wearing his hair like dude.. did I miss something?
Both black artists from Brooklyn, relatively the same generation

Like when are black people going to stop applauding other people for simply being accepted by white people. Beyonce is one of the most recognizable women on the planet, and we're supposed to care or think it's significant that some expensive brand that caters to white people is allowing Beyonce and Jay to make them more money?

Bey and Jay can do shit like this all they want. I don't really care. I just wish people would stop acting like it's something worth celebrating.

Back