Welcome To aBlackWeb

Jayz and Basquiat have one thing in common....

Like when are black people going to stop applauding other people for simply being accepted by white people. Beyonce is one of the most recognizable women on the planet, and we're supposed to care or think it's significant that some expensive brand that caters to white people is allowing Beyonce and Jay to make them more money?

Bey and Jay can do shit like this all they want. I don't really care. I just wish people would stop acting like it's something worth celebrating.
Exactly. At the end of the day, I see that and feel completely indifferent. I’m not impressed at all because white standards don’t impress me.

It’s like caring about a Grammy as a hip hop artist.

:ohshit:

They said with this partnership that they would donate 2 million dollars to HBCU's.

A donation is a donation, but fuck that. There needs to be at least 2 more zeros added.
Eh, it’s something. They had that shit anyway though. And I’m sure they got paid much more than that considering both of them in the ad.

Idk, I always hate to count pockets and dis somebody that donates much more than I can, but still.

This campaign isn't geared toward getting a more multi-cultural clientele for Tiffany or even to show black affluence. This is for white millennials who like to do as the blacks do. Which kind of par for the course for brands since the BLM wave. I think the thing the irks me the most about this campaign is the "first black woman to wear the famous Tiffany diamond" angle that was put out there. Beyonce wearing a necklace is not some monumental feat.

Screenshot_20210825-014906_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20210825-014930_Instagram.jpg

Soooo...when should we be expecting folks to double back and give the same kinda backlash for Gaga and Gal?

does anyone kno where this fascination with Basquiat came from wit Jay? He kept putting dude name in his bars for some time, collecting the artwork and now wearing his hair like dude.. did I miss something?
Both black artists from Brooklyn, relatively the same generation
Ironically as well, he happened to die in Jay's favorite year to drop in his lyrics....'88

View attachment 625107View attachment 625108

Soooo...when should we be expecting folks to double back and give the same kinda backlash for Gaga and Gal?
I personally don’t have the same expectation of them that I have for Jay and Beyoncé as people who are so adamant about highlighting black culture. This is almost like a “hey, we are accepted by the whites” move.

Now if they somehow became part owners and gave opportunities to black people as a result then I’d respect it a little more.

are people typing this from their smart phones?
1*XRa2SMveRrEtfEyfODHrcA.png

I bought my wife Tiffany’s and diamonds.

do we need to make a thread about all the slave African mining that is used to get different ores for smart phone and flat screens?

if we need to be mad an boycott.....shouldn’t it be across the board? Or only when wealthy black people do it?

do we need to make a thread about all the slave African mining that is used to get different ores for smart phone and flat screens?

if we need to be mad an boycott.....shouldn’t it be across the board? Or only when wealthy black people do it?
Smart phones are needed for every day life in America, diamonds are not. I see your point but it doesn't apply here.

Smart phones are needed for every day life in America, diamonds are not. I see your point but it doesn't apply here.
Are smart phones really needed or is it just convenient communication?

the world was spinning before the 90’s.

any one talk about the Chinese sweatshops that push Asians to suicidal outside the apple offices?

how about the $600 Jordan’s made by people making $3 a day making 10 pairs a day.

Should I go on?

I don’t mean this as disrespect because we’ve all fallen victim, some more so than others, but you did that because rich white people set that as a status symbol.

That’s why I stay away from all luxury brands that are only luxury for the sake of luxury. I have a BMW and Benz because the engineering and design in their cars are top notch to me. But diamonds, clothes, purses, shoes, etc. don’t offer much outside of being a status symbol as defined by white people.

Are smart phones really needed or is it just convenient communication?

the world was spinning before the 90’s.

any one talk about the Chinese sweatshops that push Asians to suicidal outside the apple offices?

how about the $600 Jordan’s made by people making $3 a day making 10 pairs a day.

Should I go on?
Yes, they are. You literally get an internet connection, email, calculators etc on top of being to call and text. Most places don't do paper applications for jobs let alone other things like food stamps, medical insurance, and loans.

In the first world, a smart phone is very much a need.

Back