Welcome To aBlackWeb

Jay-Z Partnering With The NFL For Social Justice

What side are you on?

• Total voters
Lol nigga the other side is doing the same thing. It’s just as many responses saying niggas ain’t business minded for being anti jayz.

Blah blah blah I get it social media makes people louder and seem divisive. But why we always gotta have friendly debates. We can be passionate and get our point across and sometimes it’s not communicated well. But relax this is not a hate fueled debate. But it is class related and money related. Gotta expect any type of response
This discussion isn't friendly brah because both sides are hell-bent on trying to show the other side how silly they are with their povs. Both of them are very extreme opposites of the spectrum

This discussion isn't friendly brah because both sides are hell-bent on trying to show the other side how silly they are with their povs. Both of them are very extreme opposites of the spectrum

Because it is silly af. Niggas got a fuckin concert and think it’s progress. Like wtf is that.

I didn't say it was

No go and be a good lil Czar and re-read my post again

That wasn’t even a direct response to your post dickhead. Stop trying to be a cute bitch for a second. So I’m not even about to debate you in something we agree on when it came to jayz saying that.

We both know it was stupid.

And this is why we are where we are

Y'all are grabbing a couple of words and making the entire discussion hinge on that

Because that’s what he said in that minute. You don’t think black people have heard the single parent home leads to xyz since the 80s. Kids don’t buck on police cuz dad not home they buck on police because they are kids. Now let’s look at how black kids are treated by police. Do they attempt to understand black kids or not? Do they talk to black people. We’ve heard all this shit before in different ways. Where is this even going?

The timing of this clip is wack and hilarious at the same time. Wasn't this press conference weeks ago? Nobody realized he said this then? Either way this is indefensible. Police brutality has historically been an issue this nigga literally has 0 idea what he's talking about. But I can't help but feel like this dude purposely said this to appease his wealthy partners & handlers. He's a smart man. The Bag >>>> everything else... "Can't Knock the Hustle"

this might be my last post about this but why is so much vigor and angst aimed at Jay z when there doesn't seem to be anything aimed at the actual people who can evoke immediate and impactful change?

I haven't seen any tweets directed at the mayor's office in ______, or the police commissioner in _____, or the black Representatives in district _____.

but let's KEEP talking about what two billion dollar establishments are doing as it relates to these issues that neither one of them have any real significant influence to change.

those dudes weren't elected by anyone but your local sheriff who you know, actually was elected doesn't get a peep. your taxes pay their salaries for crying out loud. You have absolutely no say so in that but you can choose to never support the NFL or Jay monetarily, and that's more than ok, but the energy is pointed at them when it shouldn't be

I might be alone in this and I'm perfectly ok with that

But I didn't get that he said police brutality exists because of single parent homes in the black community

My interpretation is that he felt because there is a lack of a father figure, that presents the absence of an authoritarian figure so that youth grows up having a sense of uncontrolled and misguided anger that when he is presented with an interaction with the cops, he feels that he himself is the authoritarian and why does he need to comply with a policeman, there creates some hostility there

Now even though that's how I interpreted his thoughts, I still disagree with the point he was trying to make and that's ok but I ain't out here saying that he's saying that police brutality exists because of single parent homes

That's how I took it as well...and with that interpretation I can also see how that can lead one to say what that girl said in the tweet posted asking how you view your mom in a single parent home where teh father is absent if his lack of a presence means there's also a lack of respect for an authority figure. It does leave the door open to that question, regardless of how one may feel about it, being asked.

Back