Welcome To aBlackWeb

Jay-Z Partnering With The NFL For Social Justice

What side are you on?

• Total voters
SMH.

I posted that I had a feeling something like this would happen earlier in the thread so I'm not surprised by any of this. The thing that's really disheartening about it all is the way all this stuff has devided folks. It's a brilliant tactic that has worked since the beginning of time and has consistently worked with this whole kneeling situation.

I didn't like from the beginning how the players so openly were not unified, attacked each other's character through various media outlets, and made deals with the league without at least meeting among themselves. Jay-Z from the beginning of going public with this venture did the exact same thing. SMH. He is too savvy with media training to go out and get used unknowingly (which makes me think he is complicit) like a pawn the way he has so far. The NFL (because of his actions and words) used Jay-Z as a shield to publicly belittle all the work those football players have done with bringing light too and combating social Justice issues.

The optics were bad from the beginning and so far it isn't looking much better. Hopefully there is more to come though.

Last edited:
The concert bullshit was to be expected but let’s face it, the people who truly give a shit demand more. From the beginning I’ve had very low expectations because of the parties involved (Jay, the NFL, & to an lesser extent Reid & Kaep). Unfortunately for whatever small strides this venture may bring, thanks to everything that’s happened beforehand it will go down as a failure in a lot of people eyes (but not the people that could make shit happen). Unless a clear concise outline is out there showing “hey this is what we’re gonna do, who’s involved, who it helps” then no ones gonna take it seriously. Slapping a logo that says “inspire change” turns me all the way the fuck off.

Eric Reid gets no cool points for that tweet neither does Kaep’s half steppin ass. They shouldn’t even worry about him. If Jay & his people don’t wanna come with something then they should be “inspired” to do so. So far I don’t see shit.

I agree.

The whole thing seems shaky to me.

I mean, the NFL decides to "partner" with Jay-Z for diversity or social justice or whatever.

Well, why couldn't they "partner" with...........I don't know...............THE NFL PLAYERS ASSOCIATION(NFLPA)???

It really is a slap in the face and a sign of blatant disrespect for the NFL and Goodell to partner with a rapper instead of working out something meaningful with their own players.

Last edited:
Like weren't niggas already or supposed to already be doing this type of shit?
This his I feel.
Don't matter how its framed.....shit should already had been started.

But let put all the weight on one guys words then crucify him for not being truthful.....but after that...what?

Jayz sold us out....noe what?
NFL lied....now what?

If its already in action do we really need to put that much weight on it?

Sounds to me like a bunch of people mad at a black man that cant change white action even tho y'all know he couldn't.
But y'all still mad.

This his I feel.

But let put all the weight on one guys words then crucify him for not being truthful.....but after that...what?

NFL lied....now what?

Sounds to me like a bunch of people mad at a black man that cant change white action even tho y'all know he couldn't.
But y'all still mad.

That’s too convenient. At the end of the day jay could have said no. He’s already rich.

Last edited:
:think3:
Yo...Yo...Yo..

What if..what if..peep it..peep it

What if the chess move is Jay becoming Batman..

What if Jay is the Hero the Gotham needs, you feel me? What if by becoming a lighting rod..and becoming what we hate to see influential black do and partner with the white man and sell us out..

He "inspires change":think3: right

By having us step up and get involved to spite him cause now we see there ain't no powerful savior...the savior

Is us

:imsayin:

Yo...Yo...Yo..

What if..what if..peep it..peep it

What if the chess move is Jay becoming Batman..

What if Jay is the Hero the Gotham needs, you feel me? What if by becoming a lighting rod..and becoming what we hate to see influential black do and partner with the white man and sell us out..

He "inspires change" right

By having us step up and get involved to spite him cause now we see there ain't no powerful savior...the savior

Is us

Camron gif.gif

This his I feel.

NFL lied....now what?

But y'all still mad.

Nice way to spin this bullshit and blame niggas for it. Y’all said wait and see and we did and what we got was some songs and a concert and a clothing line. All he had to do was do all this shit and not mention social justice and he would’ve got applause and all that.

He tried to make it seem like this is a step forward because he black. If Gucci made this same deal y’all wouldnt be so defensive. But because he black we can’t say this is blatant bullshit? Dos you’re not stupid you know this some bullshit. A clothing line and a concert. So niggas want to look fly and dance while making social justice seem trendy? Arent you against all that?

This his I feel.

NFL lied....now what?

But y'all still mad.

So go along to get along

This his I feel.

NFL lied....now what?

But y'all still mad.
You are smart enough to know the issue is that he gave them cover to get up from other the lightly pressed foot on their throat. That would've tightened even harder if the season started the players continued to kneel.

It's not coincidence that the announcement happened in the middle of preseason. Anyone that thinks to kneel in protest deals with right wing backlash and the backlash of "what do these blacks want, they are teaming with Jayz, you are just making this about you". Which if anyone wanted to do it and lack balls, they definitely ain't doing it.

You understand PR, you know what this is. That's why people are mad, it's not about curing social injustice. Its about a man that tried to bring attention to it, and in a term I hate to see people use..."a modern day lynching" happened.

We all saw it, they never made amends to us for watching what they did to a black man that was just trying to help us. They choose to give a man a bag to tell us they are sorry. Then the bag they gave him they labeled "inspire change"...what they lynched a man for..they call the cause they are behind..

Ain't that a kick in the teeth..

You are smart enough to know the issue is that he gave them cover to get up from other the lightly pressed foot on their throat. That would've tightened even harder if the season started the players continued to kneel.

It's not coincidence that the announcement happened in the middle of preseason. Anyone that thinks to kneel in protest deals with right wing backlash and the backlash of "what do these blacks want, they are teaming with Jayz, you are just making this about you". Which if anyone wanted to do it and lack balls, they definitely ain't doing it.

You understand PR, you know what this is. That's why people are mad, it's not about curing social injustice. Its about a man that tried to bring attention to it, and in a term I hate to see people use..."a modern day lynching" happened.

We all saw it, they never made amends to us for watching what they did to a black man that was just trying to help us. They choose to give a man a bag to tell us they are sorry. Then the bag they gave him they labeled "inspire change"...what they lynched a man for..they call the cause they are behind..

Ain't that a kick in the teeth..
This sounds like jay is responsible for gentrification in Brooklyn.

How is he a cover?

So black people are not smart enough to not fall for it?

What exactly is her covering?

Was people wishing for hope?
Who says we are to follow him step for step?

What's the real problem?

Back