Welcome To aBlackWeb

Jay-Z Partnering With The NFL For Social Justice

What side are you on?

• Total voters
I have an idea though. They got a well respected black man to be the face of their social justice initiative, he’ll give speeches, do some concerts and donate to charity. The NFL cleans up their image, Jay Z gets paid.

That def not whats happening

Then he essentially says that’s not enough but no worries I’m here now
Lol kneeling isnt enough. Eric reid can kneel til he retires. Kneeling and protesting serves an important purpose and gets us to where we are but it wont be enough. Thats why jay said hes looking at taking certain action.

I dont think he has any issues with whatever actions kap takes but he may figure with the platform the nfl has and reaching out to him he can take his own actions, while kap continues doing what he does, while other players continue kneeling.

It doesnt have to be either or/me vs you/pick one side

To really change anything you’d have to go deeper and the folks with power isn’t going to give it up without a fight. Freedom is won via bloodshed, it’s taken never given.

@Reem wassup with your plan and what's the timeframe fam? I thought all that wait and see shit was over? Why you aint post your plan to fix ALL the issues plaguing the black community yet?

Why are you asking me captain?

Wait and see like you are doing with Jay

Niggas quick to ask somebody else about their plans. You can't really debunk anything that I am saying so you come at this angle. seen this play a million times captain but let's take your energy about you wanting me to come up wit a plan and apply to Jay's deal and plan.

You aint seem to have this same energy with wanting to know Jayz plan and his time-frame

This is funny for so any reasons.

So doing the stay in school and stay off drugs so you can be just like me is not a well received thing? Or is it a good thing?
Many athletes get credit for doing exactly what you just said. That and the tax write off donation that hardly help.

As a respected poster....do you think its good for the athletes to do things like this?
They been doing it since I ws a kid. I never seen a real impact. But I guess its better than zero.

This is what I mean by jumping to conclusions without knowing info.

You made a huge jump from "they gave him shares" to "to technically call him an owner".

Why would they NEED to call him an owner?

And he sold his stake because he could not be a team owner and a NBA player Manager at the same time.
What huge jump? They gave him enough shares so he can technically be referred to as an owner, even tho he has no say in anything. They NEEDED him to look like an owner so they had public support to build a huge fucking stadium in BK. It was all PR to get support and sell merc.

I'm shocked "wait and see" has so many votes....

Like last night my pops deadass told me Jay sold his soul..........i'm like "YEESH, this guy usually believes in changing the system from within"..........shit was like hearing Obama call jigga a coon lol

This notion that "more capitalism will save black people" HAS to fucking die. The shit has never worked and never will work. That quote from the Boondocks where Huey said BET single-handedly disproved the validity of black cooperative economics was the most important and slept-on line of the entire series.

Supporting black billionaires seems cool right up until you realize that they won't give a fuck about poor black people any more than white billionaires give a fuck about poor white people.

This is so true. Didnt BET ban Ying Yang Twins from their network, because some higher up didnt like them saying that stupid "HHAANNN", noise and told them if they said it they'd be banned. Of course he did it anyway and they banned them.

But if Reid works for them is he offcode too?
No. He’d be off code if he started to do things to undermine what Kap started. Damn near every institution is steeped in racism and prejudice one way or the other. So even if all the black players quit the league they’ll still be involved in racism in some capacity.

Back