Welcome To aBlackWeb

Jay-Z Partnering With The NFL For Social Justice

What side are you on?

• Total voters
Jay:

"I think we've moved past kneeling. I think it's time to go into actionable items, I don't want people to stop protesting at all. Kneeling is a form of protest. I support protests across the board. We need to bring light to the issue and I think everyone knows what the issue is. We're done with that."

"We forget that Colin's whole thing was to bring attention to social injustice. In that case, this is a success. This is the next phase," he explained. "There [are] two parts of protesting. You go outside and you protest, and then the company or the individual says, 'I hear you. What do we do next?'"

Jay continued, "For me, it's like action, [an] actionable item, what are we gonna do with it?
Everyone heard, we hear what you're saying, and everybody knows I agree with what you're saying [in Kaepernick's underlying message]. So what are we gonna do? You know what I'm saying? [Help] millions and millions of people, or we get stuck on Colin not having a job."

It doesnt sound like hes shittin on kneeling

Really?

You gon sit up in here and type that nobody was doing anything before Kaep took that knee?

I’m done with you bruh.

Lol,

Captain,

Kap was kneeling and got black-balled breh. Who else before him in the NFL got black-balled for taking a social injustice stance??

What programs and what does that look like to you, that's gonna help out the black ppl across the US??

Jay:

"I think we've moved past kneeling. I think it's time to go into actionable items, I don't want people to stop protesting at all. Kneeling is a form of protest. I support protests across the board. We need to bring light to the issue and I think everyone knows what the issue is. We're done with that."

"We forget that Colin's whole thing was to bring attention to social injustice. In that case, this is a success. This is the next phase," he explained. "There [are] two parts of protesting. You go outside and you protest, and then the company or the individual says, 'I hear you. What do we do next?'"

Jay continued, "For me, it's like action, [an] actionable item, what are we gonna do with it?
Everyone heard, we hear what you're saying, and everybody knows I agree with what you're saying [in Kaepernick's underlying message]. So what are we gonna do? You know what I'm saying? [Help] millions and millions of people, or we get stuck on Colin not having a job."

It doesnt sound like hes shittin on kneeling
Even that is a shady statement....Kap was kneeling and doing other shit

This part of the discussion was always going to happen.

There were always going to be people who wanted a solution which would justify their continued patronage and interaction with the NFL. That sllution looks alot of different ways to alot of different people depending on who you ask.

And there were always going to be people who felt like the damage was done and the NFL should be abandoned, not boycotted.

The discussion became so cluttered about who is boycotting what. Police brutality, the flag, kneeling, the NFL, Kap not having a job, etc. all became points of the boycott depending on who you ask.

So I see why people are disappointed with Jay Z but I don't think they all even agree on what it is they wanted to see actually happen. I never fucked with the NFL because I don't care for football. Ending police brutality and NFL racism and giving Kap a job was never going to make me watch the game anyway. But clearly, Jay found what he saw to be a solution to what he was boycotting in the first place. And guess what? So did Kap.

the easiest comparison to this is "thoughts and prayers"

ok, you've done that...now what

I have an idea though. They got a well respected black man to be the face of their social justice initiative, he’ll give speeches, do some concerts and donate to charity. The NFL cleans up their image, Jay Z gets paid.
What does this fix or address?

Back