Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Jay Electronica "A Written Testimony" Album Thread

Rate "A Written Testimony"

• Total voters
Nigga could of been depressed, suffering from some sort of mental health issue and all you cared about was his rap career...

Not once in that long ass post did you ask if he was ok, going though anything or even wanted to be an artist...

Some friend..

Yikes.
the post was about him rapping....

if i was making a post about our friendship as a whole.....then it would have been way off topic.. but nice reach

Listen, I named my son, Sir, so you gotta call my son, "Sir"
That boy already knighted, he ain't even out his romper
You speakin' on the kingdom, you better watch your tongue, sir
I send you where you never been, you forget where I'm from, sir?
That gossip I send bald heads, Lou Gossett out the gun, sir
I'm brazy, I'm so brazen, "I'm Raisin in the Sun" sir ( I'll shoot you in broad daylight nigga!!)

tenor (27).gif

First listen. It’s 10 new Jay Elect songs that are all good, because Jay E doesn’t make bad songs. 10 new Jay E songs dropping at once is pretty much a miracle. The result is an album better than most current rappers could ever. I wouldn’t say I’m blown away but that’s only because my expectations for him based on his previous songs are to be really, really blown away lyrically.

No complaints here, it delivered, but could I make a better Jay Elect album from random singles and mixtape tracks he’s dribbled out over the years? Definitely. I could do that for a lot of artists tho.

Not mad at the Jay Z collaboration, they sound good together. 10 songs is short tho. If he’s recorded more they need to drop all that on a mixtape and then I’ll be satisfied.

Not to be a “where’s the banger” guy because Jay E shines over slow beats too, but I’ve got “The Blinding” on repeat and would be down for a couple more aggressive beats.

Also disagree with whoever said he’s not a special because we have Kendrick, Cole etc now too. When Jay E is in his zone his pen game is superior to them and is definitely something more IMO.

Def need to listen more and unpack some lyrics.

Also still convinced this means the world is ending. A Jay Electronica album ready to download on all platforms is surreal. I was talking to some of yall in this thread about this shit on the IC when we were like 10 years younger wtf.

Last edited:
They should've called this "Power of the Jay's" album. Shyt is a calabro.
Heard the snipets. Will give the household surround sound test Sunday

Back