OUT NOW Jay Electronica "A Written Testimony" Album Thread

Rate "A Written Testimony"

• Total voters
Who signed every contract and missed the deadlines
40 days, 40 nights, tryna live up to the hype
It's the road less traveled, it's the one who missed the flights
Hov hit me up like, "What, you scared of heights?
Know your sister tired of workin', gotta do her something nice"
I'm like, "Don't he know I stay up for Fallon late nights?"
She need bread, she need rice, she need threads, she need ice
Either tell it to my bank account or say it to the dice
When I lay down in my bed it's like my head in the vice
When I look inside the mirror all I see is flaws
When I look inside the mirror all I see is Mars
In the wee hours of night, tryna squeeze out bars
Bismillah, just so y'all could pick me apart?

And if y'all this bad after finally getting an album from dude, y'all might as well hang it up on trying to get 3 stacks to drop one now

Y'all picking apart everything which is the reason stacks not gonna drop shit

Nigga don't you ever in your lupe loving life compare 3k with jay e. 3k already has a whole discography full of classics.

He has zero to prove

Nigga don't you ever in your lupe loving life compare 3k with jay e. 3k already has a whole discography full of classics.

He has zero to prove
Both have left fans anticipating solo albums from them for at least a decades. That's the only thing I was comparing

And Lupe the gawd

I'm still breaking down drogas wave

Lupe Fiasco & Nas album would be a dream

But I wouldn't mind Nas and an Jay Z album. Would be great for hip hop if they did it for Hip Hop.

• Cap
Reactions: onetoughmiracle
And if y'all this bad after finally getting an album from dude, y'all might as well hang it up on trying to get 3 stacks to drop one now

Y'all picking apart everything which is the reason stacks not gonna drop shit
I think we would be happy with a solo 3K album of just rapping. If he dropped a random album with Luda doing 60% of the rapping, we would react the same way.

I think we would be happy with a solo 3K album of just rapping. If he dropped a random album with Luda doing 60% of the rapping, we would react the same way.
Ahhh

Back to drogas wave I go

The other way I imagine this collab happening is Jay Z saying “nigga if you don’t finish your songs and verses that we need im doing it for you”

i've said it before...dunno if yall caught it but...nah, this aint what happened at all....atleast in regards to ACT 2.

outside of The Shiny Suit Theory, these songs are NEW ideas that they came up with and recorded around Dec-Feb.

act 2 was going to be this:

out of those songs, we heard 7. the ones that weren't released over the years were:

Real Magic
Bonnie & Clyde
Memories & Merlot
Welcome to Knightsbridge
Rough Love
Nights of the Roundtable
10,000 Lotus Petals.

the songs we heard on A Written Testimony definitely aint these songs.